Blue Dragon Plus
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15647 Posts
[1]  Prev «  622 , 623 , 624 , 625 , 626  Next »  [626] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a clear-cut case of "be careful what you wish for", I had the heat in my living room far too high overnight. I woke up, opened the bedroom door, and stepped into a sauna.

I have turned the heat way down and opened a window in an effort to get a more reasonable temperature, The street seems to be fine, but the sidewalks are slick so getting somewhere cooler (and just about anyplace would be" is a challenge for me. And I can't help but think about what will happen to next month's power bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday there was almost no snow, and plenty of panic. Today there IS a lot of snow, and most of the city (including many many bus routes) are completely shut down.

I'm glad I planned on going nowhere and I am just working on or playing games at home today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what's going on here in VA. It was 74 degrees on Thursday. It's 28 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's been several hours and it's still a steam bath in here. I went so far as to turn off all the heat to let it settle down. My mousepad isn't warm to the touch anymore, but it's still warm in here.

A lesson for you all -- never accidentally hide your thermostat behind a bookcase,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As if to prove my previous suggestion post wasn't all talk, we spent the afternoon cleaning up the house since I have an old college friend coming to visit tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
I don't know what's going on here in VA. It was 74 degrees on Thursday. It's 28 now.

Maybe that helps explain why the basketball team is so cold right now (VA is down 33-22 to Duke as I write this. I'm listening to the Duke radio feed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Rookies.

Ha! I'm not even going to try to compete with you when it comes to temperatures - you win. We get cold weather sure, and the occasional polar vortex, but the Minnesota area (and surrounding areas) wins, hands down.

Snow however...I dunno. That might be close. Lake effect snow is no joke.

Either way, I'm ready for Spring / Summer. I want to go fishing, I don't want to freeze my @$$ off if I want to cook on the grill, and I want to be outside in shorts again.

Do you cook on the grill anyway?

I've been known to shovel a path through the snow to get to the grill in Winter!

Typically only stuff like burgers, dogs or chicken in the winter though. Can't do anything that takes longer than 30 minutes as it's just too hard to keep a constant temperature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
I've been known to shovel a path through the snow to get to the grill in Winter!

Glad I'm not the only one laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one laugh

Absolutely not! I'm slacking this winter though. I had to throw out our smaller grill as the thing had almost completely rusted through, and that was the one I kept outside all year in case I needed something cooked outdoors - no surprise it was the most "weathered" of my two grills.

My larger grill / smoker (named "Crash" due to it's tendency of falling over and breaking during high wind periods) is currently tucked away in the shed, getting her beauty sleep until Spring. I'm hoping to keep her at least another year, although I need to repair a snapped off wheel, bang out the frame a bit more, and she leaks smoke like a sieve, so she may be getting replaced come spring too. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, and Apex Legends continues to tear through population figures, netting 10 million players in less than 72 hours, easily beatin Fortnite's record of 2 weeks to reach that figure. Bravo!

It's just a really good game. I suck at it and yet I STILL find myself bizarrely addicted to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
OH! That reminds me.

Tony - thanks for the mouse recommendation! I updated the drivers on my old one, and while that made it a bit better, there's still something wrong. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical issue, not a software problem. That being said, I pulled the trigger on a new Logitech G502 Proteus, which should be arriving tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing Tom Clancy's The Division and I'm already stuck on a mission, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I started playing Tom Clancy's The Division and I'm already stuck on a mission, lol.

Never did beat that one.

Story premise is cool. Environments are awesome. Player progression was fun.

But the bullet sponge enemies just got old. Killed the immersion for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My work had a nutritionist on site today. I really need to start eating better and doing some strength training. I've always been a scrawny fella (and I've never really worked out), but I spent years working on a farm growing up and into my young adulthood, so I guess all my strength and any fitness came from that. I also just used to be more active in general. Now, with years at a desk job under my belt, I'm out of shape and nowhere near as strong as I once was.

The nutritionist gave me a shopping list and broke down some small, incremental behaviors I can help myself develop that will hopefully get me headed in the right direction. Fingers crossed anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
OH! That reminds me.

Tony - thanks for the mouse recommendation! I updated the drivers on my old one, and while that made it a bit better, there's still something wrong. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical issue, not a software problem. That being said, I pulled the trigger on a new Logitech G502 Proteus, which should be arriving tomorrow!

You're welcome and you won't regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Division 1 or 2?

I enjoyed Division 1 though it gave me some nausea to play it, sadly. I think I only got to like level 17 or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy it but yeah, bullet sponge enemies. How many times should I have to shoot someone in the head, really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weather in Portland today wasn't dangerous to pedestrians and drivers. But man was it miserable to be out in.

Tomorrow I have a Job Development appointment. first in a couple of weeks, so maybe I can get updates on a couple of the jobs I've applied to. And possibly a0pply to a couple of others, although what I should be seeking out is a bit of a question.

Then I visit with my mom, take-and-bake pizza in hand if I can manage to get one (weather might not permit). She's gotten her Roku to work, and I'm trying to think if there's a way I could hooker her up with Netflix. I can think of several things she would like on it. Problem is I'm not sure what I will like on it. I wish I had the patience and attention span to watch a movie on Netflix in one sitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have so much snow up here! So much! We broke records going back 50 years for the most snow in February, and we're not even halfway through the month! I stayed in and worked from home today, doing 9 hours of work because I'm awful at telling time when I don't have to commute. I'll get paid for all of it though, which is nice.

I'm going to go in tomorrow though, since it's supposed to rain all night, washing some of the snow away - tomorrow might be crazy icy though. So we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I enjoy it but yeah, bullet sponge enemies. How many times should I have to shoot someone in the head, really?

42 times. Of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
We have so much snow up here! So much! We broke records going back 50 years for the most snow in February, and we're not even halfway through the month! I stayed in and worked from home today, doing 9 hours of work because I'm awful at telling time when I don't have to commute. I'll get paid for all of it though, which is nice.

I'm going to go in tomorrow though, since it's supposed to rain all night, washing some of the snow away - tomorrow might be crazy icy though. So we'll see.

Whoa!

We're getting snow here today too. It's a bit odd though, all the schools closed this morning, although it wasn't snowing yet. The problem is timing. It started about an hour ago, we're supposed to get several inches...and then it's supposed to turn over to ice, undoubtedly making for a particularly gnarly evening commute.

As such, I'm working remote today as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Whoa!

We're getting snow here today too. It's a bit odd though, all the schools closed this morning, although it wasn't snowing yet. The problem is timing. It started about an hour ago, we're supposed to get several inches...and then it's supposed to turn over to ice, undoubtedly making for a particularly gnarly evening commute.

My neck of the woods is warming up substantially today. Should be around 60 degrees. Mid 50s throughout the week, then snow all weekend. Classic Virginia winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
My neck of the woods is warming up substantially today. Should be around 60 degrees. Mid 50s throughout the week, then snow all weekend. Classic Virginia winter.

That's pretty crazy - we get some temperature swings, but nothing like that. 60 degrees sounds pretty awesome right about now!

My sister lives in South Carolina, says it's been really warm down there lately - temps in the 70's. Still boggles my mind it can get that warm down there in February, and I still say that having lived in North and South Carolina for years.

Just doesn't seem right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Whoa!

Yep, snow coming down here as well, and Debbie said the library will be closing early today so people can get on the road before it gets really bad. It's been a very February February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Busy day today. And it isn't snowing in Portland. It is, however, extremely wet and nasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  622 , 623 , 624 , 625 , 626  Next »  [626] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.