Flight Commander 2
Bubsy 3D: Furbitten Planet
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16092 Posts
[1]  Prev «  633 , 634 , 635 , 636 , 637  Next »  [644] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
I know sports is the only reason my Father-in-law didn't drop cable ages ago. We've been internet-only basically forever at this point. I haven't paid for traditional television since ~2003.

Sports the only reason I have cable as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
I know sports is the only reason my Father-in-law didn't drop cable ages ago. We've been internet-only basically forever at this point. I haven't paid for traditional television since ~2003.

Exactly the same for us (we're internet only, don't use Cable). Though I get by with sports due to (shady or not-so-shady) streaming sites for the games, usually. Once we move back to Minnesota though, I'll be set, since local sports are on local TV, so no need for Cable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more sleep deprived than usual after staying up way too late on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I think I have about 7 hours of sleep from two days, and I'm the kind of person that needs a lot of sleep.

Supposed to be making preparations tonight for moving, boxing up stuff. I was also supposed to do that yesterday, but it didn't happen then either. Fortunately I have time. Unfortunately I won't use it well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
wytefang wrote:
Once we move back to Minnesota though, I'll be set, since local sports are on local TV, so no need for Cable.

Didn't know you guys were considering moving back. Have a timeline in place yet, or still too early on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
vyran wrote:
I'm more sleep deprived than usual after staying up way too late on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I think I have about 7 hours of sleep from two days, and I'm the kind of person that needs a lot of sleep.

Man, I think everyone is feeling a bit sleep deprived today thanks to Daylight Savings time. Well, everyone in the US at least. I tried to wake my daughter up at 7am this morning (just like I always do), and she kind of whined at me something to the extent of "I'm still sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy...", so I let her sleep another 20 minutes or so.

vyran wrote:
Supposed to be making preparations tonight for moving, boxing up stuff. I was also supposed to do that yesterday, but it didn't happen then either. Fortunately I have time. Unfortunately I won't use it well.

Wait, where are you going now? Why is everyone either finishing up a move, packing for a move, or planning a move lately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for my yearly rant about Daylight Savings Time - though it is on the ballot for us to vote it away this year. I really hope it passes - I hate the time change. Stealing from the future to pay for the past. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that it gets on our ballet soon. I suppose I could become politically active and try to get it on there myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
vyran wrote:

Man, I think everyone is feeling a bit sleep deprived today thanks to Daylight Savings time. Well, everyone in the US at least. I tried to wake my daughter up at 7am this morning (just like I always do), and she kind of whined at me something to the extent of "I'm still sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy...", so I let her sleep another 20 minutes or so.

I wish I could just blame it on that. I stayed up until 5 AM, so even without the time change that morning it would have been 4. Thankfully I didn't do the same last night.

IceFire1424 wrote:
vyran wrote:

Wait, where are you going now? Why is everyone either finishing up a move, packing for a move, or planning a move lately?

I'm still going to be in Dothan, and not even very far from where I am now. A (hopefully temporary) arrangement that will allow me to save up money by not having to pay rent. The two months of only working retail followed by rejoining the full-time work force at lesser pay than before is preventing me from being able to save up any money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also feeling sleep deprived today. In part due to DST and also my neighbor playing loud music at 2am. He was very nice when I asked him to turn it down, but it took me forever to get back to sleep, and I had to get up for work at 6:45am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're moving back at end of June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to sleep really early last night, so I'm actually somewhat alert today. Didn't play any games, and only got partway through a short story in a collection I've been reading before my eyelids got heavy.

Also getting used to new glasses that came in yesterday. The ones I had before were 3 years old. After I broke those two weeks ago, I had to wear ones that were who knows how many years older, so my eyes are making a hell of an adjustment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Finally "beat" Red Dead Redemption II last night, but the story isn't over. Game immediately goes into an Epilogue, which I've heard does add more time to the game.

It takes me a long time to get through games nowadays. Game came out in late October, and it took me until March to "finish" it - and I haven't even seen all there is to see yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Finally "beat" Red Dead Redemption II last night, but the story isn't over. Game immediately goes into an Epilogue, which I've heard does add more time to the game.

It takes me a long time to get through games nowadays. Game came out in late October, and it took me until March to "finish" it - and I haven't even seen all there is to see yet!

It adds a surprisingly long amount of time as well. But man, how about that ending?

I feel you on taking a long time to get through games these days. I'm ridiculously slow sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am ridiculously tired today, way worse than yesterday... I didn't really sleep at all last night. Blargh.

Good thing I don't have many vital things that need to be done at work today (Monday, Thursday, Friday, and every other Wednesday are my crazy busy days at work... because I actually have to get specific tasks done at specific times throughout the day).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw Captain Marvel last noght. I won't spoil it for anybody. But before people on the Geek start the hate, I remind myself that Black Panther set an impossibly high standard, and I kept that in mind as I was watching.

When I woke up this morning, I found that I was hitting the wrong things on my phone's touch screen. I see my primary care person tomorrow, so I'll mention that to her along with asking about the various tests I've had over the last several weeks because I'm not happy with how I feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

If you haven't finished the epilogue, then I wouldn't say you've beaten the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
ghostpants wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

It adds a surprisingly long amount of time as well. But man, how about that ending?

That ending...maaaaaaan. Good combination of gut wrenching moments coupled with the sudden desire to go on a murderous rampage to exact revenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
JohnRayJr wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

If you haven't finished the epilogue, then I wouldn't say you've beaten the game.

Well, that's good because I don't know if I was done playing it yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, my situation may be worse than I admitted in my post just now. I am having great difficulty typing this morning, and since any home position I could find involves typing this is vaguely alarming. Were it not for Grammarly, I would be in a terrible mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Actually, my situation may be worse than I admitted in my post just now. I am having great difficulty typing this morning, and since any home position I could find involves typing this is vaguely alarming. Were it not for Grammarly, I would be in a terrible mess.

Unless this is something you've experienced before and have previously been given a diagnosis as to why it is occurring, please don't wait until tomorrow to say something. At the very least, I think this warrants a call to your primary physician. Loss of coordination to that extent is worrisome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

Unless this is something you've experienced before and have previously been given a diagnosis as to why it is occurring, please don't wait until tomorrow to say something. At the very least, I think this warrants a call to your primary physician. Loss of coordination to that extent is worrisome.

I left a message with my clinic. This isn't the only problem -- my balance is off too and I've been very lucky in terms of not falling down. so I have a special sort of urgency to tomorrow's visit.

In between primary care tomorrow and pain care Friday, my medical appointments are suddenly taking on special importance. I don't dare do anything like playing video games or doing any serious typing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Best of luck, Michael. Hoping it just turns out to be something like an inner ear infection or something relatively simple like that - something that can be resolved quickly. Back in college my wife somehow ended up with something called viral labyrinthitis, which led to pretty severe vertigo for a few days. Ended up in the hospital because of it, but once they figured out what it was, she was on the mend quickly.

Keep us informed, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get well soon to Michael. Definitely please keep us in the loop.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidenote - since I found Black Panther wildly over-rated (in that it was good, nowhere near great for me) and it seems to have the same stupid social drama and issues that now surround Capt. Marvel AND because I've never found that character (Capt. Marvel) even remotely interesting, except when she was (briefly) the character "Binary," I doubt I'll make an effort to see Capt. Marvel anytime soon.

I'm sure, though, that the Academy will put it up for several Oscars though, just like over-rated Black Panther. laugh shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big Marvel fan, as is Debbie, so we go to see pretty much every Marvel movie together (and watch all the Marvel Netflix series together... still sad they canceled all those!)

We saw Captain Marvel tonight. I'd describe it as a fairly average Marvel movie, and those who tend to enjoy Marvel movies will probably enjoy it, and those who don't won't. Plenty of good action and some nice touches tying the whole thing together with the MCU.

(FWVLIW, I'd agree with Michael that it's hard for Captain Marvel to live up to Black Panther, which was really above average especially due to some great design work and whatnot that made it stand out. I liked Captain Marvel okay, but would definitely not expect it to get any Oscar nods; it was a pretty standard Marvel superhero film, with all the positives and negatives that description brings for you.)

Good luck, Michael.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:

Good luck, Michael.

I wish I'd read that sooner. I just got back from going to the cab company after losing my phone. I had left it in a cab (sometimes the LIFT sends on instead of one of their paratransit buses) and I had to go to their lost and found. The bus left me off half a mile from the office, and naturally, I got lost. But everyone was very good to me. The main problem that resulted was the very large fare it took to get me home safely. I'll miss that $55, but I have ways to cope with the loss.

By the way, soft drinks in Portland no longer come with straws. Makes it impossible to drink one on the bus (which I shouldn't do anyway, but everyone does it). I bought a soda at the airport and ran into this problem. (The airport was the closest place to get information on cabs, and to call one I would have needed a phone.

It's $55 I won't get back, but I', home safe, with my phone. and that's the main thing. And to my surprise, it still had a charge!

This mainly means no game or video purchases this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  633 , 634 , 635 , 636 , 637  Next »  [644] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.