Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level Whatever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
[...]I somehow managed to fail the captcha process to determine that I am in fact, human and not a robot...twice) I jumped into an offline match with bots to get a feel for the controls.

Captcha should be considered some form of tor-- I mean, enhanced interrogation technique.

More seriously, I go mental with those things sometimes. Click the squares that have crosswalks in them? Okay, does that also include this square that has a little tiny sliver of crosswalk or just the obvious ones? Maybe I'm just part robot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
ghostpants wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
[...]I somehow managed to fail the captcha process to determine that I am in fact, human and not a robot...twice) I jumped into an offline match with bots to get a feel for the controls.

Captcha should be considered some form of tor-- I mean, enhanced interrogation technique.

More seriously, I go mental with those things sometimes. Click the squares that have crosswalks in them? Okay, does that also include this square that has a little tiny sliver of crosswalk or just the obvious ones? Maybe I'm just part robot.

HOLY CRAP. THE CROSSWALKS. IT'S ALWAYS THE CROSSWALKS.

...or the traffic lights. Or fire hydrants.

Don't even get me started on the "Cars". "Well, that's definitely a car, but the wheel is kindof, sortof in that square, so I should probably hit that one too. And is that a minivan? Does a minivan count as a car? What about a SUV? Crap, I'm going to fail this thing..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I'm not the only one that obsesses about the stupid CAPTCHA images... (I too often fail on the first go because I'm too overzealous...) I just don't make a good average human... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Don't even get me started on the "Cars". "Well, that's definitely a car, but the wheel is kindof, sortof in that square, so I should probably hit that one too. And is that a minivan? Does a minivan count as a car? What about a SUV? Crap, I'm going to fail this thing..."

I had one get me one time because there was a reflection of part of a car in a store's window. It's a reflection of a car, not a car... I feel like the ability to write a 3 page argument about the error of thinking the reflection of a thing is a thing should be enough proof that I'm a human(1), but nope. They gave me umbrellas instead.

1- It just now occurred to me that if the algorithm doesn't know the difference between a reflection and a car, it has about the same knowledge of a parakeet. Our collective security on the web is being guarded by a parakeet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
adularia25 wrote:
I just don't make a good average human... shake

It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?

I smell it. Mmm... that leather smell...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
adularia25 wrote:

You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Osirus wrote:
I have just agreed to perform at a rap show this weekend and I realize I have memorized zero of my songs. I hope I can learn enough of them by Saturday!

How many do you need to memorize? And is it original stuff, or covers?

All original stuff. And they said 15-30 minutes, and I think I'm going to be at the 15 end, because yikes.

Also, I really loved the setting and characters and everything in both Blade Runner movies, but I wish the pacing was faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Osirus wrote:
I have just agreed to perform at a rap show this weekend and I realize I have memorized zero of my songs. I hope I can learn enough of them by Saturday!

How many do you need to memorize? And is it original stuff, or covers?

All original stuff. And they said 15-30 minutes, and I think I'm going to be at the 15 end, because yikes.

Also, I really loved the setting and characters and everything in both Blade Runner movies, but I wish the pacing was faster.

I only know of the stuff you put on your channel. Do you have enough songs to get you to 15 minutes, or are you going to have two encores of "Dump Stat"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar...

I ask why he prefers to keep beauty in stasis forever unchanging rather than let it go and become it's full potential (while I take/break the killing jar).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
adularia25 wrote:
I ask why he prefers to keep beauty in stasis forever unchanging rather than let it go and become it's full potential (while I take/break the killing jar).

(This is more fun than it should be...)

Just one more question. You prefer to socialize through the medium of an online video game forum, rather than in person (as do all of us, for that matter). Why do you suspect that is true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
Do you have enough songs to get you to 15 minutes

"Have" is the tricky question.

I've certainly *written* something like two hours worth of raps, and even *recorded* close to an hour's worth. But have? Not so much. I lost a lot of old files from switching computers a lot and not being the best at backups, so at this point I'm looking down the barrel of Dump Stat, Big Cheese, a silly song about an old NES game, and a lot of political raps that probably will not go over well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Osirus wrote:
vyran wrote:
Do you have enough songs to get you to 15 minutes

"Have" is the tricky question.

I've certainly *written* something like two hours worth of raps, and even *recorded* close to an hour's worth. But have? Not so much. I lost a lot of old files from switching computers a lot and not being the best at backups, so at this point I'm looking down the barrel of Dump Stat, Big Cheese, a silly song about an old NES game, and a lot of political raps that probably will not go over well.

Just throw some lyrics on top of an instrumental to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and boom. Halfway done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

(This is more fun than it should be...)

Just one more question. You prefer to socialize through the medium of an online video game forum, rather than in person (as do all of us, for that matter). Why do you suspect that is true?

Heh, easy - because I would rather type a message than talk to someone. It's quieter that way, and requires less actual interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
adularia25 wrote:
Heh, easy - because I would rather type a message than talk to someone. It's quieter that way, and requires less actual interaction.

Okay, excellent. That's all for now, Carrie. I appreciate your time today, you are free to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
...is she gone now? /Looks around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Okay, analysis.

An interesting case, without question. First, you're undoubtedly wondering if Carrie is a replicant. To that end, I have determined that no, she is not.

However.

What makes this case so interesting is that I think the subject actually believes herself to be a replicant. Furthermore, the subject seems to reject humanity at a basic level, and likely believes that replicants are all around her. At work, and at a social level. That would explain some of her responses, as well as her need to "isolate" herself from humanity whenever possible.

This may be one of the first documented cases of a flesh and blood human believing themselves to be...well, unhuman. Although at first I would consider this to be remarkable, in retrospect it makes sense, given the subjects background, and prevalence of technology. Here is an individual who literally works in virtual worlds, so it shouldn't be a stretch to imagine that virtual reality has become so intertwined with actual reality, at least in her mind.

Truly fascinating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
I've been bounced around between various tasks at work today so much that I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

which

is

why

I'm

here

Hi, how ya doin'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
I've been bounced around between various tasks at work today so much that I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

which

is

why

I'm

here

Hi, how ya doin'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Public Service Announcement:

VideoGameGeek and yours truly would hereby like to thank Carrie for being such a good sport through all of this, another one of my random shenanigans. This little experiment has been rather amusing, while serving the noble purpose of passing some valuable time that could (and probably should) have been spent working.

But I contend that time spent working aren't the moments that are important. It's the random moments that make up life. The spontaneity, and yes, the random shenanigans that basically make up the entirety of this thread. And website, for that matter. Because alas, all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Oh, and of course, VideoGameGeek, BoadGameGeek, GeekDo, it's affiliates and sponsors would like me to remind everyone that we don't really believe that any of its members are actual Replicants.

Probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hanging out here because:

1) I'm all caught up on all my PbF games and reading my subscriptions
2) I'm waiting on builds at work FOR HOURS NOW so I had nothing better to do with my time.

It's actually quite nice to have such a peaceful day.

Of course, I'm also doing the work of a coworker, who called in sick (he does this FAR TOO OFTEN) and I'm still sick - I kind of knew he wouldn't show up today, which is why I did. So I'm extra pleased today is peaceful, since I can basically rest at my desk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was awesome Pat! Thanks for experimenting on me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Okay, analysis.

An interesting case, without question. First, you're undoubtedly wondering if Carrie is a replicant. To that end, I have determined that no, she is not.

However.

What makes this case so interesting is that I think the subject actually believes herself to be a replicant. Furthermore, the subject seems to reject humanity at a basic level, and likely believes that replicants are all around her. At work, and at a social level. That would explain some of her responses, as well as her need to "isolate" herself from humanity whenever possible.

This may be one of the first documented cases of a flesh and blood human believing themselves to be...well, unhuman. Although at first I would consider this to be remarkable, in retrospect it makes sense, given the subjects background, and prevalence of technology. Here is an individual who literally works in virtual worlds, so it shouldn't be a stretch to imagine that virtual reality has become so intertwined with actual reality, at least in her mind.

Truly fascinating.
Should have never even created replicants, it's just going to lead to a bunch of useless philosophizing by tech bros in 101 classes who still haven't learned the lesson of Ex Machina

The, uh, the lesson is, don't create replicants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
ColdFrog wrote:

Oh yea, I've got that bad today as well. That might explain the last page or so of this forum.

ColdFrog wrote:
Hi, how ya doin'?

Well Chris, since you asked...

I'm a little tired, a little wired, and I THINK I deserve a little appreciation!

...and I'm quoting a LOT of movies today for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  648 , 649 , 650 , 651 , 652  Next »  [654] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.