Lure of the Temptress
Dragonsphere
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Tropico Reloaded
Hillsfar
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1992)
Baroque
Portal 2
007: Nightfire
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16426 Posts
[1]  Prev «  649 , 650 , 651 , 652 , 653  Next »  [658] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level Whatever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Should have never even created replicants, it's just going to lead to a bunch of useless philosophizing by tech bros in 101 classes who still haven't learned the lesson of Ex Machina

The, uh, the lesson is, don't create replicants

Ex Machina? Hell, I learned that from The Terminator.

Hm. Although technically, in that universe we didn't create the Replicants, we developed the AI that created the Terminators.

So is the lesson that we shouldn't develop AI?

...or is it not going to matter anyways, because life...eh...finds a way.

...except in this case, it's not real life. Artificial Life. Er, Intelligence.

Whatever. My head hurts now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone in 60 Seconds, nice one Pat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
I have a feeling this isn't going to be like other shooters where you will die repeatedly every match, but in fact may go several matches without being killed.

Oh, that's cute. You think this might a game where you won't die a lot. laugh

laugh

You're in for a surprise.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Gone in 60 Seconds, nice one Pat.

Love that movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Oh, that's cute. You think this might a game where you won't die a lot. laugh

Well, compared to COD or Battlefield where it's not uncommon to be killed every 30 seconds or so. It seems like in those games, getting killed often has less to do with strategy or tactics, and more to do with whether or not an enemy spawns in an advantageous position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Fair enough.

Jumped into a couple quick offline SCAV (AI bot) matches last night to get a better feel for the controls before I play online. Set the AI difficulty to "As Online" and the AI count to "Horde". I figured if nothing else that would expose me to what the combat would be like in the game.

...I was not mistaken.

Managed to get all of 4 kills in both matches before (eventually) succumbing to the wounds I sustained in the firefights. I didn't bring anything extra from my stash into the match (including bandages, which would have been helpful), so in both cases obtaining a "bleeding" wound ultimately finished me off.

Admittedly, the "dying" effect in the game is pretty different from any game I've played. After suffering a "bleeding" wound, my overall health gradually depleted until I eventually succumbed to the injury and died. However, the injury progressed from bad to worse. My character sounded wounded, by grunting and breathing heavily, which I'm sure will have an impact online as I won't be able to hide as effectively. And once my health got really low, my vision got blurry, then bloodshot and pulsing, and finally, my movement was significantly reduced until...I sortof just slumped over.

This game does injuries very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely agree. Managing them is realistic and challenging. Right now the big gripe with the game though is that the newest Quests are annoying and shouldn't be part of the main leveling up quests but rather optional ones.

These are the Quests where they say, "Kill 20 Scavs in Customs map with this (insert specific gun type) between the hours of 4am to 8am."

People are (rightfully) annoyed at the specificity of these Quests but also the fact that they're shoehorned into the main quests path.

So hopefully they fix those. It'd be nice if we could, you know, actually play together though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the "cutscene movie" for the Battlefield V DLC The Last Tiger on Youtube. Pretty heavy stuff, actually, and with excellent points on the danger of imposing fanaticism on the young and impressionable. I can't imagine how intense that must have been to play.

On worse stuff, I got bad news on my smartphone. I started getting error messages about my USB port being blocked, and it turns out that the port has been corroded. It will require a total pone replacement; I have insurance for it, but the deductible is unaffordable. Fortunately, I can put it off for a while (the phone still works), but if I can make it last the nine months remaining on the lease it will not going towards trade-in on my next phone unless I replace it. I lose either way.

If only the deductible weren't so high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
It'd be nice if we could, you know, actually play together though.

I know, I know. As Jay (and everyone, really) can attest to, I'm a tough guy to game with.

I do have some time this weekend however, and a few night next week. I'll make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
wytefang wrote:

I know, I know. As Jay (and everyone, really) can attest to, I'm a tough guy to game with.

I do have some time this weekend however, and a few night next week. I'll make it happen.

No you won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
wytefang wrote:

No you won't.

Probably right. But I'll try really, really hard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Jythier wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
wytefang wrote:

No you won't.

Probably right. But I'll try really, really hard!

Actually, this time I really WILL be available for at least a few days. Flying solo for a bit next week as the ladies are on Spring Break, and I still need to work.

Plans changed a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday's mood:

Today's mood:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
Yesterday's mood:

Today's mood:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even because it's Friday, either. Yesterday afternoon was a good few hours where nothing went as planned. Today I already know in advance that there will be a flood of problems (3 PM Central time, counting down!) in addition to the usual help desk stuff, and I couldn't get myself to give a shit if I wanted to (which I don't). It's like I used up all my frustration.

Very freeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
Not even because it's Friday, either. Yesterday afternoon was a good few hours where nothing went as planned. Today I already know in advance that there will be a flood of problems (3 PM Central time, counting down!) in addition to the usual help desk stuff, and I couldn't get myself to give a shit if I wanted to (which I don't). It's like I used up all my frustration.

Very freeing.

Heh. I feel you. Yesterday was super frustrating - I should have just stayed home sick and recuperated, since nothing I worked on at work mattered.

Today though is Friday, I'm finally feeling better, and I solved a logic puzzle that has been out in our work breakroom for the past week. So I'm in a great mood. Still don't want to be at work, but so far it's a good day for me. (Only 2 members of our team of over 100 have solved it - and I'm one of those two. Woo!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasn't been the best weekend. Late Friday, a bug was discovered in one of the applications my team supports that was causing some major issues. We were able to band-aid it, but there's code going in tonight that needs to be validated in the morning. Also, I'm fairly certain my heat pump/ac is having an issue. Ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no sign of Pat online. LOL Jythier was right laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

He's likely doing yard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a free weekend for Showtime. I originally planned to binge "American Gods," then realized that's a habit tailored to streaming services, so I abandoned it altogether and didn't try to catch an episode.

I thought the book was awesome, but I know I'll get to see the show eventually.

I've got a lot of other stuff to check out on streaming services I already pay for, so that will have to take a back seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
I had a free weekend for Showtime. I originally planned to binge "American Gods," then realized that's a habit tailored to streaming services, so I abandoned it altogether and didn't try to catch an episode.

I thought the book was awesome, but I know I'll get to see the show eventually.

I've got a lot of other stuff to check out on streaming services I already pay for, so that will have to take a back seat.

I definitely want to see that show eventually, looks phenomenal.

Debbie and I just started with the first episode of Umbrella Academy on YouTube, and are really digging the cinematography and music.

Annoyed that Netflix is raising prices and all the Marvel stuff will be moving to Disney Streaming. Just like all the online PC gaming platforms, streaming is getting all the little fiefdoms as well, which means you can't get all the entertainment without paying through the nose, so you have to pick one or three services and then accept some cool things you'll just skip for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
wytefang wrote:

He's likely doing yard work.

Jay was correct!

It's been a weekend. Hell, it's been a week.

Extremely long story short: after the snow finally melted we noticed a low, extremely wet spot in the yard that I (correctly) attributed to a septic issue. That "minor" septic issue, coupled with the rain and melting snow escalated into a "minor emergency" this weekend.

So early Saturday morning I was out there shovel in hand, located and dug up the distribution box and made some adjustments which should hopefully resolve the problem. Once that was fixed it was back and forth to a few places to fix the damage that resulted from the septic SNAFU. That mostly just involved dirt and grass seed.

That was my Saturday. And Sunday was filled with the usual Sunday stuff, plus all the stuff I originally intended to do on Saturday. By the time everything was more or less taken care of, it was 8pm and time to get kiddo ready for bed. I did manage to catch GoT before going to bed, only to be up half the night with a thunderstorm that took a few hours to roll through the area. At least I haven't heard from wife and kiddo yet, so it sounds like they're actually catching up on sleep.

Unlike me. I feel like a zombie at the moment.

Finally - I mentioned that our plans for this week changed a bit. I mentioned awhile ago that my mother is law is very sick. We got the word last week that the treatments she's been receiving the last 5 years are no longer effective, and a different course of treatment is necessary. It's extremely costly, and we're not sure if insurance is going to cover it, so there's a lot up in the air at the moment. My wife decided that she's heading to CT for a few days this week so her and our daughter can visit since they're on spring break.

So yea. A lot going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ALL THAT SAID.

@ Tony - I'm flying solo beginning tomorrow night through Friday evening, then will be out of town this upcoming weekend. I'll be logged on to Steam in the evenings. Won't be around tonight as it's the last evening with the fam before we all part ways for the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  649 , 650 , 651 , 652 , 653  Next »  [658] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.