Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
vyran wrote:
Hey, we've reached a critical page in the thread.

devil

This seems like the perfect page to mention this new awesome-looking documentary...

All I need to know about that drek are the three sources that are quoted on the splash page here. No thanks. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Sykurmoli wrote:
For reasons I don't want to elaborate on right now, my life is pretty much in ruins. However I am determined to do something about it. I need all the good luck I can get within the next hours and days. I'd be really grateful if you could spare a thought for me. Thanks.

Best of luck! Hopefully things turn around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Osirus wrote:
vyran wrote:

devil

This seems like the perfect page to mention this new awesome-looking documentary...

All I need to know about that drek are the three sources that are quoted on the splash page here. No thanks. shake

lol, I can just about guess your responses to these things before I read them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made a bet with my girlfriend earlier. Whoever had the highest K/D ratio in Black Ops 4 across 3 hardcore deathmatch games would win. If she won, I had to shave my beard. If I won, she makes me a special dinner tomorrow.

My beard is still full and healthy, and I'm looking forward to the pot roast tomorrow evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a text from my severely-injured PCA that she should be ready to come back to work in June, depending on how much strength she regains in her arm and wrist (the ones she broke). Which is too late for my current crisis situation regarding the pending move, but will be beneficial for the new apartment.

I'm just glad that the deep cleaning will be done after I move. I'm hoping that it'll pass muster well enough that I won't be charged for repairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Osirus wrote:
vyran wrote:

devil

lol, I can just about guess your responses to these things before I read them.

Yeah, I shouldn't fall for the bait so easily. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we're across the street from the Beast...

I spent much of today browsing for furniture, both online and in the wild. I found a couple of really cheap options for a TV stand and a computer desk, and unless I can get donations from somewhere cheap has to be the way to go. Amazon had the only stuff I had a chance to buy, and the materials didn't look promising. But I paid the phone bill I'd been putting off, and it's a load off my mind that I can't botch it.

There are free options, but that will depend on trust more than anything else. I haven't been to a garage sale or flea market in years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's hot. Portland hit 88 today after hitting 90 yesterday According to the forecast it will be a LOT cooler tomorrow -- about fifteen degrees (Fahrenheit) cooler.

I don't even have a free outlet for a fan. and can't open another window.

I'm wondering just how bad I'll feel in summer, but to the good, I will no longer be on the top floor. Plus I get to organize the place from scratch, so I can make sure there's a place for a fan.

But even after a midday shower, I'm soaked in sweat and not feeling well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a ripoff. And our crap state can't muster 60 degrees. Lame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Mother's Day to the moms out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
What a ripoff. And our crap state can't muster 60 degrees. Lame!

The lack of outlets is my fault. Of the four strategically placed outlets in my living room, two are completely blocked by furniture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freaking tree rat wins. Put a squirrel feeder in the back yard. I've resisted for awhile now, partially because I thought my beasts would drive off the tree rat but mostly because tree rats annoy me.
Saw the little bastard sitting in my maple the other day, stripping off bark because he needed water and food. It's what squirrels do doing the winter and early fall. Chew on trees.
Then the little bastard jumps down, scurries across my fence to the neighbors yard. My beasts? One looked disinterestedly, one gave a token territorial bark, and one gave chase. The one giving chase? Yah, that was like a T-Rex chasing a rabbit. Amused the hell out of the squirrel I'm sure because once he got out of range he stopped and started squirrel chatter shit talking at my dog.
Fair enough, tree rat. You win. I'll put food out for you so you leave my trees alone. But I hate you.

Oh. I should put the squirrel feeder where my dogs can get to it.
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to make a fresh pizza tonight. Just a crust, sauce, and cheese put in a 450-degree oven for 20 minutes. Out came a black, charred brick. For a while, I thought it had adhered to the pan in spite of the cooking spray. It did come off, but I wasn't going to try and eat it.

I ended up fixing a bowl of ramen instead so I could eat SOMETHING today.

I checked the contents of my Ikea registry today as well. I don't seriously expect anyone but me to use that index. Strangely, most of it is food and little things like oven mitts. I have a TV stand and a desk on the list as well. It's been a question of whether I buy, or can afford, and furniture this month.

I have another RPG magaziner article commission. The editor really likes the idea of how to use Disney villains as RPG archetypes, even though it has probably been done dozens of times before. I don't have a firm deadline under the circumstances, though. This week I have only a few appointments, so the question is when I will find a way to defeat the blank page and get something good written. One of the projects, though, is something I can probably offer on DriveTYhru once it's done to my satisfaction.

right now I'm listening to basketball if my buffers hold up. With no current TV service, I can't watch the game. I would probably lose the savings I gained from cutting the cord if I would sign up for Sling or DirectTVNow for streaming TV, The money wouldn't go to Comcast (may their shells be blighted), but it would leave my pocket.

I expect to find out about the hospital job this week. I'm actually hoping they hire me for something less stressful, even if it doesn't pay as well. But part of me wants to hold off for a few weeks until the move is complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Freaking tree rat wins. Put a squirrel feeder in the back yard. I've resisted for awhile now, partially because I thought my beasts would drive off the tree rat but mostly because tree rats annoy me.
Saw the little bastard sitting in my maple the other day, stripping off bark because he needed water and food. It's what squirrels do doing the winter and early fall. Chew on trees.
Then the little bastard jumps down, scurries across my fence to the neighbors yard. My beasts? One looked disinterestedly, one gave a token territorial bark, and one gave chase. The one giving chase? Yah, that was like a T-Rex chasing a rabbit. Amused the hell out of the squirrel I'm sure because once he got out of range he stopped and started squirrel chatter shit talking at my dog.
Fair enough, tree rat. You win. I'll put food out for you so you leave my trees alone. But I hate you.

Oh. I should put the squirrel feeder where my dogs can get to it.
devil

Squirrels are infinitely superior to creepy, useless birds. I'll take a warm fuzzy, hilarious mammal any day over a soulless though beautiful bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished Steins;Gate the game and moved on to Steins;Gate the anime. And now on to Steins;Gate 0 the anime. At least this one's dubbed. Might be able to get something else done while watching it, heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend from church and his family came over to clean on about four hours notice. Which is awkward since a second moving company that does cleaning has been contacted by my clinic and is coming tomorrow for an estimate. This is going to be really, really embarrassing. What am I going to tell them?

The apartment looks nice on the surface. Clean surfaces, clear floors, plenty of space. The only problem is that I don't know where to find anything in the kitchen. I'm not all that hungry tonight, but I don't feel that great either.

Tomorrow it's supposed to get really cold for May and really wet after a blazing weekend. Which means I'd better sort out where I'll find something to eat tomorrow -- or rather, where I'll find the stuff I use to cook it. Otherwise, it's cereal again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

I'll take a warm fuzzy, hilarious mammal any day over a soulless though beautiful bird.

If you don't like soulless birds, I've got just the bird for you:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Birds can be rather smart, especially some parrots. But if they had a head the size of that one, watch out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tabara
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wytefang wrote:
Squirrels are infinitely superior to creepy, useless birds. I'll take a warm fuzzy, hilarious mammal any day over a soulless though beautiful bird.

Leaving turkey and chicken off "the list", birds eat insects.

Oh yeah...useless.

<-
<--
<---

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this trash talking about birds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just not a fan of birds. They've always seemed creepy to me. I do like Bats since they eat Mosquitos. I wasn't aware that there were birds who eat the nuisance insects, if so, I would like them better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appear to have tweaked my shoulder a couple of nights ago in a failed effort to try and apply topical treatments to an area of my back and side that is virtually impossible to reach. Trip to urgent care resulted in a treatment plan of heat and the medications I am already taking. (My pain meds are "as needed", and they're needed).

Not only am I forgetting appointments, but I am also now forgetting who people are with whom I have made appointments. Which is incredibly embarrassing. If it's the meds I'm taking, this is cause for concern, if not alarm. I want to keep my memory as intact as I can.

My SodaStream is finally working again. But I think I'm going through the carbonating bottle really fast...

Tomorrow I try to judge what I can set aside of my food supply to move with me next week, what to discard because of age, and if there are any obvious holes I need to fill in before I move. Even with all the preparation and plans that have been done already, I am very, very anxious about the coming two weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgetfulness is scary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to travel to the university hospital for a few days at the beginning of next week for some medical tests. Appreciate any positive vibes over the next week or so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
I have to travel to the university hospital for a few days at the beginning of next week for some medical tests. Appreciate any positive vibes over the next week or so

*harmonious resonance*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  665 , 666 , 667 , 668 , 669  Next »  [672] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.