Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
...and in my experience when a water heater goes completely bad the bottom pretty much opens up enough to allow the heater to disgorge it's contents onto the floor.

CRAP. That reminds me. I'm due to replace our sump pump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
...and in my experience when a water heater goes completely bad the bottom pretty much opens up enough to allow the heater to disgorge it's contents onto the floor.

Sorry.
Yay. Homeownership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Home ownership, the biggest time and money suck in existence...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bulldog93 wrote:

I think children may take the cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

Checks upcoming bill for college and compares it to cost of new hot water heater...

Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Osirus wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

Checks upcoming bill for college and compares it to cost of new hot water heater...

Yup.

Plus at least with the house once it gets old and starts to feel disappointing, you can sell it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
Osirus wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

Yup.

Plus at least with the house once it gets old and starts to feel disappointing, you can sell it.

What in the absolute hell is wrong with you?! My wife could see this! I've been old and disappointing for years! Sure, she can't sell me. Legally. As far as I know. But my wife is crafty.

::Goes and checks Craigslist in a fit of panic::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

My mistake. You are correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and you may well ask, "But Lurkfish? I thought you were replacing you're hot water heater? Why are you posting so much on VGG when the hot water heater needs replacing?"
to which I would replay "Oh, you are Holmesian level insightful. Indeed. I should be replacing my hot water heater. I have the old one out and the new one mostly in. But I needed composite shims to level the new HWH. In my journey from the basement to the garage where my composite shims are located I happened across a malty beverage. When I took a few minutes to open the malty beverage I noticed my laptop. And I wondered to myself if anything was interesting on VGG. And indeed. There is much interesting wonderment happening right now. I would be remiss to not partake in the interesting wonderment of VGG. Besides, oh great detective, the HWH is mostly done. I will be able to finish it off in a jiffy. Or maybe 20 jiffies. Depends on downstream complications and, of course, malty beverages. Besides, who will judge me for embracing my faith as a Procastinarian? As a Procrastination I have the courage of my convictions! Never judge a Procrastinarian today, for it is always better to judge tomorrow. Or the following day. Or just forget about it. Maybe the judging will just sort itself out and you won't have to worry about it. 'Tis the Procrastinarian way."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...hides in hot water heater box and pops out the top when wife draws near and says "Helllllooooooooo!"

So much work not getting done. True to my Procrastinarian beliefs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a lot done in the kitchen this afternoon, thanks to some timely assistance. I still don't think I'll find every single thing I'm looking for without a lot of time.

Most of my RPG books are now on a shelf in my bedroom. In fact, they are packed in so tightly that there isn't room for any more books, to the point that I might have to limit myself to e-books for a while.

Also, it's going to hit 96 in Portland for the next two days. I may have to exhaust my remaining funds to get some Gatorade or related beverage to stay hydrated and some soda to stay awake and functional. And it's long past time I got back to work on my current book. Although I still haven't decided on what game system to use for it, based on my desire for sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
I see that my post was tipped by our local Tick, which I'm guessing means that:

1.) my aforementioned Bugs Bunny comment triggered some memory in Rudy's brain from watching Saturday morning cartoons as a kid, and/or:

2.) he's now humming the theme from The Barber of Seville purely from seeing that .gif.

It's both.

Quote:
...tell me I'm wrong Rudy. Tell me I'm wrong.

OK, you're wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

I keep calling it a sub pump, probably because that is what I thought it was called for the longest time. I think I'll just call it some pump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Today was insanely busy at work. Two people were out - not sick themselves, but taking care of their wives who were sick. I commend them, except that it was me who ended up doing their tasks as well as mine today.

And indeed, there is a cadre of three of us who always pick up the slack if anyone else is out. *sigh* Why is it that no matter the size of the team, only three people do all the work?

That said, I nearly fell asleep twice on the couch when I got home, so I think I'm just going to have a chill evening and not do anything stressful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys prefer to hydrate when it's really hot? I just bought eight bottles;es of Powerade on sale. I don't crave this stuff the way I crave soda, but it'll get hot tomorrow (forecast of 96 degrees) and I know intellectually that I'll get dehydrated if I don't drink something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I work outdoors. Even in the summer. Even in 90+ degree Fahrenheit temperature. Even in full sun. Even when it's super humid. Even when there is no breeze.

I drink water.

If I don't need water with additives I very much doubt you do.

But even if you do want water with additives it is easy to make and much cheaper than storebought.

Take a little bit of salt, a little bit of juice and add it to tap water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I truly dislike the taste of water... but when it gets hot my body doesn't care about the taste and just wants that sweet hydration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Water.

If not water, Gatorade, but usually water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't say beer. Don't say beer. Just don't listen to your little reptilian brain and say beer...

Gatorade or the like. I mean I'm a huge fan of water because it's pretty important and all that, but it tastes like... water. I need something with some flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the water and Gatorade hydration plan. I usually prefer water as the flavoring of Gatorade can sometimes upset my stomach if I'm doing a fair amount of physical activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welp, the graphics quality certainly looks high, but after watching the e3 reveal trailer, I'm no longer excited for the new Avengers game. Was hoping it would be some sort of RPG, but no such luck.

Also, just saw Witcher 3 on sale for like $13 and had two thoughts in rapid succession:
1) Wow, that's cheap for a high-end much-ballyhooed game of the year.
2) Probably I should just wait until it gets cheaper since there are many other games I already own that I want to play first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
How do you guys prefer to hydrate when it's really hot?

Water. When I go out I carry a half gallon bottle with me that I got off Amazon. I just fill that with water.

I avoid sports drinks because they are basically just sugar water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they sold those instant smoke screen vials like you always see ninja in cartoons break on the ground when they want to escape unseen. I would use them at work all the time.

Guy: "This is not how this is supposed to work."
Me: "Sorry, it's out of my scope of support."
Guy: "What am I supposed to do?"
Me: POOF! *walks away*

I'd no doubt overuse it and get fired the first day.

It would be even funnier to me if barely any smoke came out but still made a loud poof noise. I could make eye contact and then pretend they could not see as I turn to walk away.

...it's early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I truly dislike the taste of water... but when it gets hot my body doesn't care about the taste and just wants that sweet hydration.

The world according to Carrie:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and when it's really hot, water. Or water with a little juice in it.

...although I'm sure roughly 90% of my daily water intake is in the form of coffee, which also isn't good. I'm actually somewhat surprised my heart hasn't exploded yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  688 , 689 , 690 , 691 , 692  Next »  [699] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.