Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level Whatever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hear some of my (mediocre) music on my profile!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we finally have some nice weather again. It's too bad I have to spend it at my desk in the office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Don't say beer. Don't say beer. Just don't listen to your little reptilian brain and say beer...

Okay, I'll admit this was one of my thoughts too.

For the sake of my waistline (and overall health), I'm starting to cut back a bit. My current volume is around 6-8 a week, which isn't terrible, but it's still a lot of empty calories that I'm not burning off equally.

I'll see if I can get it down to half of that for now, then go from there.

...stupid tasty craft beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The irony of stressing over travel plans for vacation is palpable. That said, we're taking our first real vacation in nearly 3 years, so that's pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacations are needed! Going to Disneyland next week with a reservation for Galaxie's Edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my first job coaching appointment in about four weeks today. The move has been very stressful so I haven't had time to take job hunting as seriously as I probably should.

I wish I had a laptop so I could share my Gmails with my job coach more easily. I especially want her to see my rejection notes from Legacy Healthcare -- they declined two different variations of positions I applied for but encouraged me to apply elsewhere in the very large company. They also said that it was relatively rare that they informed job seekers of such decisions directly, which is a very encouraging sign that they found my qualifications appealing.

That said, it is now two years since I worked in my field other than temp assignments. Which can be very discouraging.

Also, every day now I say to myself I want to put more work into my RPG publishing project and every day I end up having unintentionally put it off. I need to figure out how to treat it like a real job. Part of it is indecision of the game system I want my setting book to use. The popular option seems to be a dual release for Pathfinder and the OGL versions of D&D5. However, I have never written for either of these systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
I truly dislike the taste of water... but when it gets hot my body doesn't care about the taste and just wants that sweet hydration.

The world according to Carrie:

No... because I refuse to drink Gatorade. Note that while I hate the taste of water, it is still better than drinking random crap suspended in water.

I'll never forget Idiocracy and the "plants love electrolytes" nonsense. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
The irony of stressing over travel plans for vacation is palpable. That said, we're taking our first real vacation in nearly 3 years, so that's pretty cool.

NICE!

Where ya going?

We're almost exactly a month away from our vacation. Well, my wife and daughter are on summer break from school later this month, but we'll actually be going somewhere for a week in about a month. And I won't be working that week, so wohoo!

...okay, I won't be working the entirety of that week, but unfortunately there's still a couple things I have to take care of. Drat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

No... because I refuse to drink Gatorade. Note that while I hate the taste of water, it is still better than drinking random crap suspended in water.

Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I'll admit that I MAY have targeted you a little bit for that water comment, because the "Waterboy" .gif wouldn't have worked if someone said they didn't like water.

And Idiocracy is a guilty pleasure movie for me. To this day I can't walk into a Costco without saying "Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Yes. I have issues. I've come to peace with that fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
I truly dislike the taste of water... but when it gets hot my body doesn't care about the taste and just wants that sweet hydration.

The world according to Carrie:

Have you tried Body Armor? Lots of natural ingredients.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I'll admit that I MAY have targeted you a little bit for that water comment, because the "Waterboy" .gif wouldn't have worked if someone said they didn't like water.

And Idiocracy is a guilty pleasure movie for me. To this day I can't walk into a Costco without saying "Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Yes. I have issues. I've come to peace with that fact.

Idiocracy is too real for me... I watch it, and I die a little on the inside. I don't see it as comedy, I see it as a terrible true vision of the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

Idiocracy is too real for me... I watch it, and I die a little on the inside. I don't see it as comedy, I see it as a terrible true vision of the future.

Sadly this happens with way too much media these days. I remember a few years ago Debbie said, "Oh, you should watch this movie Bob Roberts, I remember it being a sort of funny satire." There is zero funny about it today, it's actually tame in comparison to the people existing in real life right now, which was depressing. Likewise we have 50 years of movies about post-apocalyptic futures where human greed has led to a destruction of our environment for short-term gain, and, well...

At least Brain Donors holds up. Still my favorite movie of all time -- although you have to watch A Night At The Opera first to really appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
ghostpants wrote:
The irony of stressing over travel plans for vacation is palpable.

lol, What a hilarious premise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
bulldog93 wrote:

...but does it have electrolytes? It's what plants - and Pat - crave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

Future? I think that movie is getting scary close to "present".

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Especially since I just heard that my brother in law's ex just had her third kid, each with a different father. The second and third father were married at the time.

Can't make this stuff up. Wish I could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, this new Avengers game looks pretty bland. And it's like crappy Destiny or (yuck) Anthem, where it's a game as a service, oh joy!

#failing

Disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
ghostpants wrote:

NICE!

Where ya going?

We're almost exactly a month away from our vacation. Well, my wife and daughter are on summer break from school later this month, but we'll actually be going somewhere for a week in about a month. And I won't be working that week, so wohoo!

...okay, I won't be working the entirety of that week, but unfortunately there's still a couple things I have to take care of. Drat!

I think our plan is to go to Kill Devil Hills and Kitty Hawk, NC and hit up the beach for a few days. There are several historical site and museums in the area too, so I'm excited to check that out. I think I convinced the girlfriend to do parasailing, so that will be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

...but does it have electrolytes? It's what plants - and Pat - crave.

Most definitely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have eight boxes left to unpack -- and it's reached the point that I don't really care. Sure, the boxes are in an awkward location in which I would rather have something else, but I can't help but think I have everything I really need, personally and professionally, already unpacked. Other than my boardgames, I don't really know what's in these boxes.\

Is it anything I need? Not right away, I don't think. Right now the space they take up is more disturbing than the idea that I don't have my hands on whatever is in the boxes.

It's weird because you generally pack things you want to keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Avengers game somehow looks both expensive and bad.

I don't get it. What is Marvel doing?

I understand why Crystal Dynamics would jump at this, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
Running D&D again tonight. Trying to put together clues for them to solve a mystery of sorts. The party is going to be looking for someone in a city of 18 thousand, and all they have right now is his first name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My RPG group is on hiatus for June because our schedules just don't match up, so I've been playing solo RPGs from my backlog.

Managed to play Quill: A Letter-Writing Roleplaying Game for a Single Player over the weekend, and hope to get in a game of The Witch is Dead if not today, then this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play some RPGs with my kids, like Microscope, or D&D. My problem with D&D is that I'd end up being the GM, and I'm not sure I could do a good job. I guess if I just stuck to a module I could do it? Microscope I could do easily enough though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I want to play some RPGs with my kids, like Microscope, or D&D. My problem with D&D is that I'd end up being the GM, and I'm not sure I could do a good job. I guess if I just stuck to a module I could do it? Microscope I could do easily enough though.

You could always start by running Orc and Pie for them, and then build up from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Sure, you could do it. If you want to jump right in and see if they like it, running a module with pre-made characters would let you skip the character creation, which they might consider work until after they see the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:

You could always start by running Orc and Pie for them, and then build up from there.

There's no combat system so I don't know what to do about combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  689 , 690 , 691 , 692 , 693  Next »  [695] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.