Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:
I want to play some RPGs with my kids, like Microscope, or D&D. My problem with D&D is that I'd end up being the GM, and I'm not sure I could do a good job. I guess if I just stuck to a module I could do it? Microscope I could do easily enough though.

You could always start by running Orc and Pie for them, and then build up from there.

There's no combat system so I don't know what to do about combat.
Don't have any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:
I want to play some RPGs with my kids, like Microscope, or D&D. My problem with D&D is that I'd end up being the GM, and I'm not sure I could do a good job. I guess if I just stuck to a module I could do it? Microscope I could do easily enough though.

You could always start by running Orc and Pie for them, and then build up from there.

Perhaps the Orc will only let those pass who can defeat him in a game of Rocket League?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Perhaps the Orc will only let those pass who can defeat him in a game of Rocket League?

Ain't nobody getting that orc's pie, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Don't have any?

Don't have any combat, or don't have any system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice it does not specify whether the Orc has class levels. It considerably ups the challenge if the orc is even a few levels higher than the PCs and able to use the tricks, feats, and spells that come with that experience. And he might not even be trying to kill the PCs -- merely teach them a lesson so they'll go away and let him eat his pie in peace.

Besides, why would a mostly "good" party be going around stealing pies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running into a problem with the setup of my PC in my new apartment. In my old apartment, I was able to get quite a few power strips to work together, but unluckily in the new place, I don't have nearly enough outlets in the area of my home office to plug in enough power strips. Which means that for the moment I can't use my external drives or my printer.

It's embarrassing, to say the least, to have all these tools and all this storage and not have access to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should play Microscope with them Jay! I've played it with kids at GeekGirlCon and it can be a lot of fun, no matter what level of familiarity with RPGs the players have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

Piety.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

Piety.

Now with that great fresh taste!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hear some of my (mediocre) music on my profile!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gave a pretty important presentation at work just a bit ago. I was a bit nervous, but well prepared I suppose. But as goes my luck, as soon as I started presenting, it sounded like the wall next to the conference room was being torn down. Hammers, drills, God knows what else -- just a cacophony of stereotypical construction noises. They started without warning just as I began presenting and stopped right as I was done.

There was even a moment about halfway through where they stopped. Someone had a question. I answered it and said something like, "alright, now I can talk about this at a normal volume," only for the noise to start right back up again.

Anyway, glad that's over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Saw this comic and thought of ya'll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

I fully appreciate running water for many things: washing clothes, showers, the ease of cleaning.

And I do prefer tap to bottled (as long as there isn't lead or arsenic in the tap water) if I have to pick between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Come on man, you gotta know the TRUTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

I fully appreciate running water for many things: washing clothes, showers, the ease of cleaning.

And I do prefer tap to bottled (as long as there isn't lead or arsenic in the tap water) if I have to pick between the two.

Nope. Ice Mountain spring water for me. So delicious compared to disgusting nasty processed tap water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have well water and it's fabulous and tasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had some (very rare instances) where well water was pretty darn satisfying, I have to admit. But never, ever city tap water. Never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Ice Mountain

I hear a lot of Trout streams in Michigan are drying up because Nestle is extracting so much water to sell. It's sort of insane how the system is set up for them to extract a public good to profit on it while other parts of Michigan just get screwed (esp. Flint).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately, the worst of the hot weather is over, although it is still too hot for me to even think about sleeping. Which poses a problem for me given how late I'll be up tomorrow night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
I hear a lot of Trout streams in Michigan are drying up because Nestle is extracting so much water to sell. It's sort of insane how the system is set up for them to extract a public good to profit on it while other parts of Michigan just get screwed (esp. Flint).

Ugh, reading that just made me rage a bit. Both from the conservation perspective (us fly fishermen are a passionate bunch when it comes to preserving trout waters) and from the profit of a natural resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Fortunately, the worst of the hot weather is over, although it is still too hot for me to even think about sleeping. Which poses a problem for me given how late I'll be up tomorrow night.

...can we have some of your warm weather please? It's been unseasonably cold and wet up here for the last several months. Everything is nice and green, but we've been struggling to even get into the 70's for days at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this will be my only comment on this today:

Congratulations to St. Louis for bringing home your first Stanley Cup. The team, and the city were overdue.

...even if you knocked off my #2 team in game 7 on their home ice. You earned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Nope. Ice Mountain spring water for me. So delicious compared to disgusting nasty processed tap water.

It's processed much the same way tap water is. They just do a better job making the process seem glorious so they can charge you more.

A case of bottled water (16.9 oz bottles x 24) @ $10 works out to $3 a gallon. Tap water (Colorado, including sewer fees and other assorted fees) is around $.008 per gallon.

Enough water talk for me. Just spend the last few days at a water providers conference. Some of it was painfully boring. I don't want to see PowerPoint for weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's when I saw that people buy bottled water in Stockholm, that I learned that people will buy just about anything, as long as it's marketted.

Stockholm's tap water is famous for beating about every single mineral water on the market, and it's about half a cent a gallon. And people STILL buy a bottle of Evian. Some people seem to think that their mere existence is a proof that the tap water is insufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hear some of my (mediocre) music on my profile!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Also, this will be my only comment on this today:

Congratulations to St. Louis for bringing home your first Stanley Cup. The team, and the city were overdue.

...even if you knocked off my #2 team in game 7 on their home ice. You earned it.

I don't follow hockey, but I appreciate how big that is for the city and the people there. A friend from college lives just outside St. Louis now, so she was pretty excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the topic of water, we are really, really REALLY lucky in that our water comes from Skaneateles Lake, which happens to be the 2nd "cleanest" lake in the US.

...which is pretty ironic, considering it's only about 20 miles from Onondaga Lake, which was THE most polluted lake in the US for decades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  690 , 691 , 692 , 693 , 694  Next »  [695] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.