Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb

Also, if I'm going to be actually accurate, I'm mostly only sewing the doublet, the pants are mostly done. It's not really a military uniform but more like a militia, except not quite that either? Somewhere between national guard and militia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:

Also, if I'm going to be actually accurate, I'm mostly only sewing the doublet, the pants are mostly done. It's not really a military uniform but more like a militia, except not quite that either? Somewhere between national guard and militia.
Now those are some window washers that take pride in their occupation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a call a couple of days ago (actually on Friday) about a position with Manpower in Milwaukee. The original caller was super nice and I set-up a phone interview with a gentlemen for earlier today. He called and we had a really good conversation. He wants me to come in tomorrow morning for coffee and to discuss more about the role and see the offices.

After that there's still one more interview that's more of an actual interview I guess.

Once again (much like the group interview) I'm unfamiliar with this type of situation when it comes to hiring. He's super nice and we seemed to actually really hit it off so I'm not worried about interacting with him, per se.

Any advice about this particular visit? I'm sure I don't need to say that we desperately need me to land this job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
To my fellow countrymen and countrywomen, any plans for the upcoming holiday?

I have the day off work. I will take the dog to the dog park, and do some household chores. Then I'm probably going to watch an episode or three of Game of Thrones and play some Metroid Prime 2: Stir of Echoes.

Or at least that is my plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 4th I'm going to bake a cherry pie in the tradition of my family.

Probably do some workshop work in morning, and play RPGs all afternoon.

I'm taking a mental health day on Friday and we'll go hiking, and then we're hiking with a friend on Saturday. Nothing planned for Sunday, so it is likely I'll either do workshop stuff, freelance work, read lots or play video games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Any advice about this particular visit?
Nothing you don't already know. But good luck!

No plans for the 4th here, save to avoid downtown during the day to make sure I don't cross paths with the parade. I really dislike parades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Any advice about this particular visit? I'm sure I don't need to say that we desperately need me to land this job.

Just leave that particular statement out of the interview, and you'll do fine.

Best of luck Tony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
No plans for the 4th here, save to avoid downtown during the day to make sure I don't cross paths with the parade. I really dislike parades.

I'm not a huge fan myself, but my daughter really loves them. Fortunately, my hometown is pretty small, so the parade there is fairly low key. And it passes by about a quarter mile from my parents house, so very short walk to get there.

Really looking forward to the long weekend. Should be fun. And I need the time off...haven't been myself lately...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
I'm planning on sewing a 16th century british military uniform.

Eat it, America
YES! I guess that means you'll soon be shoving real swords in the hands of my small children...maybe even on Sunday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
jdw734 wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:
I'm planning on sewing a 16th century british military uniform.

Eat it, America
YES! I guess that means you'll soon be shoving real swords in the hands of my small children...maybe even on Sunday?
This is extremely likely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright you two...elaboration needed!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Also, I wanna play with swords...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Well then you should come to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin.

http://renfair.com/bristol/

Also here is the blog of our historical reenactment group that does all the history stuff:

http://blog.gsmbristol.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing softball. I ran into the most interesting problem last night, though, in that our first baseman was watching the play instead of covering first base on double-play grounders, and so I threw the ball away 3 times when I made an excellent turn only to find NOBODY STANDING AT FIRST BASE. I modified my throws enough that they went somewhat towards my first baseman but I couldn't stop them altogether, so they were these really weak lobs of throws that ended up at the fence anyway. He felt bad, I felt bad, and then he did it again anyway. It's funny now, because we still won, but man, that turned outs into runners on second.

I couldn't seem to field a ground ball, but I did well on a couple second base put-outs. I got stepped on one time, as I got the out just before the guy got to the base. It doesn't really hurt today, so that's good. The last play of the game, I was playing as a short-fielder instead of second base, so I had to run in on the grounder to short, and instead of leading me he threw behind me, but I managed to bare-hand it and still find the base with my foot. That was really cool.

I didn't hit great, but I did manage to get the first baseman to make an error and beat out him getting to the bad just by hustling.

We ended up winning against a team we normally lose to, in the playoffs, 10-8. I also snagged a line drive to save a couple runs. That was cool. Almost took my glove off.

I got a couple compliments on 'being there' meaning the bag or the right spot to help out in a play, but I've played since I was 5. The right place to be is so ingrained into me from the wisdom of many, many coaches. Although I don't trust our shortstop at all. And hopefully we'll have our regular first baseman back next week. To be fair, this guy hadn't played first at all this year so it was a weird placement, but we only had 9 guys. I thought we should have switched but we really needed a middle-infielder who knows the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

Well then you should come to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin.

http://renfair.com/bristol/

Also here is the blog of our historical reenactment group that does all the history stuff:

http://blog.gsmbristol.org/
When I went to Madison, WI for college, I attended Bristol each summer - it was awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Have I told you guys yet about the crazy moving shenanigans at work? No? Well, you are in for a treat!!

So, everyone forgot to tell QA that a move was happening on Monday. We're not stupid - I could see the teams around me moving, so I asked my superiors in QA and they knew nothing... since I also heard word that my section in particular had to be moved by EOD Monday, I went straight to the source and tracked down the person in charge of the move...

And he forgot to send QA an e-mail about the move, because most of QA is seated in areas that didn't have to move yet. However, I, and three others, were in the affected locations. So... I let those people know and we all had to move, hastily, that afternoon.

However, because the new spot where I'm supposed to be moving isn't yet free (another team is still seated there) my location is a temporary location for until that spot does open up, which will be in 1d3 weeks - roll randomly.

Basically, I had to move out of my old spot, so a different team could move in there, so a different team could move into their location, so a different team could move out of the location I'm going to be at so that I can move into my "final destination". It's ridiculous - and at least I find it amusing, especially since it basically ate my entire afternoon on Monday.

This is such a productive week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
And it'll eat another whole afternoon some other day. Luckily, QA doesn't do anything important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
And it'll eat another whole afternoon some other day. Luckily, QA doesn't do anything important.
I know, right? Totally have time to just waste 3-4 hours moving to a slightly differenter spot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty all, I'm checking out for the holiday weekend. I hope everyone in the States has an enjoyable and safe 4th of July, and I hope everyone outside of the States has a lovely weekend. Regardless of where you may be, I hope there are lots of games - both of the video and board variety - and great food in your future.

Take care all, until next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Alrighty all, I'm checking out for the holiday weekend. I hope everyone in the States has an enjoyable and safe 4th of July, and I hope everyone outside of the States has a lovely weekend. Regardless of where you may be, I hope there are lots of games - both of the video and board variety - and great food in your future.

Take care all, until next time.

Have a great weekend. I don't get to check out until 5 and then it's just to go to fireworks and have a day off. It's a good chance to get the house in order, I think. I might get to play some games too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coffee/interview went fine. Now I wait until Mon/Tue to find out if I'm invited back for the final interview with Intuit/Manpower.

Man, I hope this goes through, it would be a spectacularly great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Coffee/interview went fine. Now I wait until Mon/Tue to find out if I'm invited back for the final interview with Intuit/Manpower.

That sounds like an awesome idea. "I want some coffee, but I have to interview this guy. Hey, let's do coffee and an interview. That's a thing, right?"

I hope you get invited back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
wytefang wrote:

That sounds like an awesome idea. "I want some coffee, but I have to interview this guy. Hey, let's do coffee and an interview. That's a thing, right?"

I hope you get invited back.

You and me both, Brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
USAians: Happy Independence Day!
Non USAians: Happy Thursday!

Going light this year: pecan smoked ribs, corn o’ cob, deviled eggs, watermelon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fireball!
badge
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 2 corn dogs and a funnel cake and feel like death. Pretty great 4th so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
I had 2 corn dogs and a funnel cake and feel like death. Pretty great 4th so far.

That sounds amazing! Stomach destroying, but amazing. Seriously love a good sketchy corn dog and questionable funnel cake. The air of mystery surrounding their creation makes them taste so much better. It’s like eating danger.

Man, I want a corn dog right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  701 , 702 , 703 , 704 , 705  Next »  [760] |