Warsong
Slay the Spire
Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Limbo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Galactic Civilizations III
Istanbul: Digital Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
RWBY: Amity Arena
Evolution
Super Mario Kart
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
The Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong Country
Spot: The Video Game
BMX Simulator
Phantasy Star II
Super Mario Land
Jet Grind Radio
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Brave Fencer Musashi
The Orange Box
Sonic & Knuckles
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Ultima IV Part 2: "Dude, Where's My Avatar?"
NHL Hockey
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Batman (1986)
Diner Dash
Terminal Velocity
Mighty Bombjack
Kirby's Dream Land
Ristar
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17670 Posts
[1]  Prev «  703 , 704 , 705 , 706 , 707  Next »  [707] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level Whatever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a caregiver around should be a tremendous help for you Michael. That alone might resolve any issues with transportation, plus give you some help with shopping and meal prep. With all that out of the way, that should definitely give you mire time to focus on writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and Foxhole is a pretty good video game. Very different.

Extremely high level, it's a massively multiplayer isometric wargame. But it's really different from any other wargame I've played in that supply, logistics and operational strategy is as important, if not more important than combat. It's a cool premise. The game world is huge, and every gun, bullet, vehicle, foxhole, and bunker must be built, transported and ultimately used by players. There's a ton going on, and I'm admittedly really overwhelmed at the moment trying to figure everything out.

...but it's still damned cool, nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xonotic is also a really good videogame. I've started learning how to really play it, and it's probably the most underappreciated arena FPS I've ever encountered. Hella difficult (movement in this game is super technical, even by aFPS standards), but damn is it awesome when you nail that crazy circle-jump into a slope and go flying across the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynical wrote:
Xonotic is also a really good videogame. I've started learning how to really play it, and it's probably the most underappreciated arena FPS I've ever encountered. Hella difficult (movement in this game is super technical, even by aFPS standards), but damn is it awesome when you nail that crazy circle-jump into a slope and go flying across the room.

Wow, never even heard of it. Pretty recent I suspect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynical wrote:

Sounds ghastly. I have enough trouble walking and shooting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
VBS games are a lot of tag and relay race and water games. It's a lot of fun but boy am I tired.

Making myself some relaxing chicken parmagiana right now, though. That'll help. Might take a shower. Kinda already did, with all the water games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Cynical wrote:

Wow, never even heard of it. Pretty recent I suspect?

It's a fork of Nexuiz, which was an open-source aFPS built on the DarkPlaces engine (an enhanced source port of Quake 1) from a loooong time ago. Xonotic is pretty old, but it never got big at all.

It's totally free if you want to give it a go: http://www.xonotic.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynical wrote:
It's totally free if you want to give it a go: http://www.xonotic.org/

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah, when it rains, it pours. Just got a message from my wife that our dishwasher isn't draining, and created a mess in the kitchen. I know what I'll be doing when I leave work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Gah, when it rains, it pours. Just got a message from my wife that our dishwasher isn't draining, and created a mess in the kitchen. I know what I'll be doing when I leave work!

Getting takeout?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone with an XBOne want a weekend-only Beta key for the hot new upcoming ARPG MMO "Lumios"? "Bless Unleashed"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

Getting takeout?

Eh, not a bad guess, but no. After fiddling with the thing for an hour and draining the water still in the basin, we just heated up leftovers.

...then left the dishes in the sink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
The holidays I "get off" because I can't be at work because the building is closed:

New Year's Day (January 1).
Memorial Day (Last Monday in May).
Independence Day (July 4).
Labor Day (First Monday in September).
Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November).
Christmas Day (December 25).

The holidays I get paid for:

Man that stinks. I'm glad to be part of the union.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Anyone with an XBOne want a weekend-only Beta key for the hot new upcoming ARPG MMO "Lumios"?

You lost me at MMO. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put 1,000+ words in on the workshop module -- and I'm not happy with a single, solitary one. But I know I'm tired and probably need more sleep, so I'm refraining from going in and doing anything in favor of trying to get a little more.

tomorrow is the Portland meetup for the workshop. I've only received one response, though. That's kind of worrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
I put 1,000+ words in on the workshop module -- and I'm not happy with a single, solitary one. But I know I'm tired and probably need more sleep, so I'm refraining from going in and doing anything in favor of trying to get a little more.

tomorrow is the Portland meetup for the workshop. I've only received one response, though. That's kind of worrying.

Putting in writing is going to be work. Sometimes you just have to write without inspiration, and some of it may be useful, but even if every word ends up changing it was still important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

Putting in writing is going to be work. Sometimes you just have to write without inspiration, and some of it may be useful, but even if every word ends up changing it was still important.

I got a call today that the person they had assigned to work with me is "no longer with the company", so they'll have to find someone else. It's a reminder of how difficult caregiving is as a profession.

My birthday is a week from tomorrow. You would not believe my age, although you may remember it from prior birthdays.

I still have some things to do tonight, but for some reason, it's very muggy tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

I got a call today that the person they had assigned to work with me is "no longer with the company", so they'll have to find someone else. It's a reminder of how difficult caregiving is as a profession.

My birthday is a week from tomorrow. You would not believe my age, although you may remember it from prior birthdays.

I still have some things to do tonight, but for some reason, it's very muggy tonight.

I'd believe it, except that I'm pretty sure you're so old you don't remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a week from today. Still no job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Owning property can suck sometimes. I mean, yeah, I own stuff, but that means when the boards on our windows are about to fall off, I have to get it fixed. And when the sidewalk is cordoned off for it, that's my fault. And when the board actually falls and hits one of the pylons, that's also my fault.

Luckily no-one got hurt. But I have a ladder now and I'm going to go resecure the boards on the windows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

You're July 20 too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So VBS is done, and I was exhausted. I feel a bit better now. It's a lot of work, keeping up with all those kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I am going to a meetup for the writers' workshop's Portland contingent. At most one or maybe two other participants are going to be there. and I've done the bulk of my first draft.

It's awful. Which is weird -- when the module is finished, I will want people to buy it and play it, but right now I have very little faith in the project.

I'm pretty sure I will be getting a past-due notice from PGE today that is entirely not my fault. I'm in a pretty horrible situation, both with them and with Comcast and Sprint (may their shells be blighted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
wytefang wrote:

You're July 20 too?

Mine is July 19th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
You're July 20 too?

Mine is July 19th.

I like to think I know myself pretty well, which means I will probably forget both of your birthdays. Therefore I'd like to wish you both a gloriously wonderful birthday now for when the day arrives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  703 , 704 , 705 , 706 , 707  Next »  [707] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.