Popular Tags: Poop [+] [View All]
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was rough housing with the Newfoundland Friday and he got a pretty good chomp on my right hand. I'm pretty sure it didn't break the skin but it bruised my hand pretty good and hurt like hell. Can't blame him. I was the dumb ass rough housing with a 150 pound dog.

Anyways very early Sunday morning my hand woke me up because it started hurting and swelling a bit. Slept with it elevated and didn't think too much of it other than note to self: don't rough house with the dog so much. Sunday night hand was still hurting like hell and swelling a bit more. Went to bed slept with hand elevated. Got up this morning and my hand was swollen like a balloon, to the pint where I couldn't see my knuckles. And, of course it was hot to the touch and bright red with stripes running u my arm. Called primary care physician and talked to them and they said "well, sounds like a serious infection. Soonest we can get you in is 3pm today which is a terrible idea. You should go to the ER now and get hooked up with antibiotics right away. They can give you IV antibiotics which we can't. Which is most likely what you need."

Yay. Just got back from ER. And IV antibiotics.

So I'm home for the next two days.

The worst part: I'm pretty sure my hand hurts bad enough and, from the swelling, lacks sufficient flexibility to play video games. Infection? Shrug. Home from work for two days? Shrug. Returning to work will suck from backlog, but still shrug. Stuck at home for two days and not being able to play video games? That's just cruel.

Note to self: don't rough house with the dog. At least not that dog. the Saints don't get as bitey when they play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy. Bidding you a speedy recovery, Kevin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a situation like that during my teenage years. The accident was in the Willamette River and the first ER doctors thought nothing of it. The next day the foot I had the wound on began to burn and give me a lot of pain. It took almost four days for my father to get the message and take me to a doctor. Why he delayed despite my obvious suffering I don't know.

Turned out to be an e Coli infection so bad that tissue inside my foot was dying. I came close to losing the foot, possibly within a few hours. I still have the surgical scar to this day from the procedure that saved it -- and possibly my life had it continued unfettered.

Since this was the late '70s, I was in the hospital for three weeks.

The uptake is that I am thankful you got help when you did and that the hand is not in imminent danger of amputation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get well soon, Kevin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been applying like crazy and still nothing. We're creeping closer to complete disaster so I'm fairly terrified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedy recovery Kevin!

Ugh, I'm sorry Tony. I hope you get a lucky break soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Was rough housing with the Newfoundland Friday and he got a pretty good chomp on my right hand. I'm pretty sure it didn't break the skin but it bruised my hand pretty good and hurt like hell. Can't blame him. I was the dumb ass rough housing with a 150 pound dog.

Anyways very early Sunday morning my hand woke me up because it started hurting and swelling a bit. Slept with it elevated and didn't think too much of it other than note to self: don't rough house with the dog so much. Sunday night hand was still hurting like hell and swelling a bit more. Went to bed slept with hand elevated. Got up this morning and my hand was swollen like a balloon, to the pint where I couldn't see my knuckles. And, of course it was hot to the touch and bright red with stripes running u my arm. Called primary care physician and talked to them and they said "well, sounds like a serious infection. Soonest we can get you in is 3pm today which is a terrible idea. You should go to the ER now and get hooked up with antibiotics right away. They can give you IV antibiotics which we can't. Which is most likely what you need."

Yay. Just got back from ER. And IV antibiotics.

So I'm home for the next two days.

The worst part: I'm pretty sure my hand hurts bad enough and, from the swelling, lacks sufficient flexibility to play video games. Infection? Shrug. Home from work for two days? Shrug. Returning to work will suck from backlog, but still shrug. Stuck at home for two days and not being able to play video games? That's just cruel.

Note to self: don't rough house with the dog. At least not that dog. the Saints don't get as bitey when they play.

Good videogames you can play one handed whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welp, 51 times around the sun as of today. LOL Hope everyone has a nice day!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Congrats on 612 consecutive months without dying! Keep the streak going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
Happy birthday, Tony! Also, happy birthday to Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

You seem so much younger! Happy birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Tony!

Happy birthday Michael!

I've been... too busy to post here, and I miss it.

We're in full-on crunch time this week at work, and likely to still be in crunch next week... and up to the 30th. I can't wait for next month at this point. And with the workshop outside of work, I have no free time. I haven't played any video games outside of The Elder Scrolls: Blades and Little Alchemy 2 for two weeks. It's killing me. I want to play meatier games, but I don't have the time or brainpower to do it.

And we finally got to the part of the workshop I'm interested in learning - perfectly aligned with when I have the least time to focus on it. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fireball!
badge
Ouch! Watch it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Tony and belated birthday wishes to Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. And Happy Birthday to Michael tomorrow (I believe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Tony, you whippersnapper!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hand is just about back to normal. Still a bit off color and a bit swollen, but not much. At my age it seems the elasticity takes a while to return to my skin because my good hand just looks it's typical beat up self, my hurt hand looks a bit like elephant skin. It's not terribly attractive.

Found that I was able to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey just fine. I had enough finger movement and zero pain in that range of motion to operate a controller just fine. If I moved more than my fingers (like repositioning my hand or moving my arm) it hurt like the dickens.

So I found a comfy position and settled in and played AC:O for two days. Got a lot of hours in. Wasn't worth the hand hassle, but it mitigated it some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes just getting the blood flowing via exercise can help boost the healing process, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fireball!
badge
Ouch! Watch it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got home from our little beach vacation today. Fortunately, we have the next couple of days to recharge before heading back to work on Monday. It was nice to get away for awhile; we hadn't had a legitimate vacation where we traveled anywhere in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthdays Tony and Michael!!

Went through my geeklists to see how many I actually have. Discovered one with less than 5 thumbs: Sjeng's 2019 Winter Pillar - 30 Games for the Database
for those who like to thumb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy (late) birthdays Tony and Michael!

Kevin, sorry to hear about the doggie bite, and yea...probably best not to roughhouse with the 150 pound pooch. Glad you're on the mend.

Getting caught back up after being away for the week. We got back in town Saturday afternoon, rest of the weekend was very busy getting unpacked, cleaning up and catching up on stuff for the house.

I also got my Jeep back...to the tune of $1,400...and our dishwasher blew it's motor, which will cost another $500 to fix - almost as expensive as getting a new one. Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, I think that I'm going to be AWOL for awhile. I'm okay, but there are some personal things I need to address.

Take care all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
As an aside, I think that I'm going to be AWOL for awhile. I'm okay, but there are some personal things I need to address.

Take care all.

Well that's not foreboding at all.

I hope things go awesomely for your while you're away. I'm considering trying to get really good at Normandy so that we can take on better AI. The likelihood of this is commensurate with the likelihood of us getting together and playing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband noticed how close to burn out I was, and decided the best thing I needed was many hours to play Skyrim over the week. And a five hour hike. The hike was brutal, but we did it! Went to two of the three western peaks of Tiger Mountain. And I have spent many hours collecting plants in the wilds of Skyrim.

I was feeling better though.

And now I'm back at work, and we are missing 4 QA people today for various reasons (illness, car troubles, etc...), so the stress begins anew...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Take care all.
Oof. Best of luck, hope to see your posts in the future! Say, next month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  705 , 706 , 707 , 708 , 709  Next »  [756] |