Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
A thing that comes up from time to time as a 'problem' on the site is the fact there is not enough interaction on the game pages. I must agree with that and I hope that with this years 'Pillar mb' we can change that. I also want to keep things simple this year so no eleborate accounting. This year we will focus on talking about videogames, which off course is the main reason we are here.

To be eligable for the pillar microbadge this year you will need to do at least 100 contributions in the game page forums. These are starting new threads or replies on existing threads.

Now how are we going to manage this?

Well first off all, you go to My Geek > Profile > Contributions and you take a screenshot from the first (Video Games) up until Video game compilation. Post the screenshot on this page as you start the pillar microbadge and count the full number of posts you have here.

Then when you get 100 more posts, post a second screenshot with the number of posts at that moment. And you will be awarded the microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb

Total posts: 662
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I go to my profile -> Contributions, the view is completely different:

355 posts @ 3 January 2017

I can only get the view you have, for BGG. How do I get the same view you have for VGG? The information on mine isn't the same as in yours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erhmm.... six

I am not a chatterbox in the game fora it seems (other forums, yes, but not for the games)... I doubt that it will change much to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
I think it has something to do with talking about things, that if you do it unlocks the extra category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
CrazyCatman wrote:

I am not a chatterbox in the game fora it seems (other forums, yes, but not for the games)... I doubt that it will change much to be honest.

Well that is actually what we want. Why do we talk about games on all other places then the gamepages? I actually have 662 posts at the 1st of january and that while I'm a level 20 user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:

Well that is actually what we want. Why do we talk about games on all other places then the gamepages? I actually have 662 posts at the 1st of january and that while I'm a level 20 user.
I am just not so sure what there is to talk about the games I play - somehow I seem to talk more in geeklists about a game, than the game itself.. I have tried to write a few reviews, but I usually find them being best with a bit of screenshots, and here I prefer to use my own rather than other's to avoid offending them by using them - however, not all my games seems to be screenshotable; some have just been a big black nothing, other have shown what was on the background, but yesterday I took a screenshot of the game I played, and I might be considering making a bit of a rewiev of this.

I see your list includes series and francises, so I guess Characters will be counting as well, but it's just not on your list at the moment, as I tend to like looking at characters in games, which have appeared somewhere else before - such as Hercule Poirot as I have just been playing with: He have been pictured by many different actors, so picking one for the different games is interesting to see the choices made.

A good example is that in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun, it seems that Poirot is portraied as David Suchet from the TV-series from 1989-2013, and Cpt. Hastins follow suit. But in ABC Murders from 2016 seems to be portraied by a Poirot similar to Albert Finney (Murder from Orient Express, 1974) mainly based on the hair and moustache, but Hastings is a more interesting case, mon ami: He seems to be [b]not{/b] Captain Arthur Hastings, but rater Colonel Rich from Death on the Nile from 1978 (if I remember the year correct), as I can't find a Hastings that fits his looks, and I find him closer to Davis Niven.

These findings I rarely find relevant for a whole thread itself, but more of a side note to a reply of some sort.
... just like now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:

I can only get the view you have, for BGG. How do I get the same view you have for VGG? The information on mine isn't the same as in yours...

I think this might be the difference between viewing your profile on boardgamegeek.com and on videogamegeek.com. I have noticed before that my profile looks slightly different depending which site I'm on even though the two are supposed to be seamlessly linked...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
CrazyCatman wrote:

These findings I rarely find relevant for a whole thread itself, but more of a side note to a reply of some sort.
... just like now

Reviews are great and I love to see more and more reviews on the site but don't focus on that. There is nothing to small to talk or ask about. We see this on BGG, there are tons of small questions about games or news that doesn't get on a page. I hate pages being empty.

So as small as the contribution can be don't hestitate to post about it. That way we will be able to get things going.

I would also do a shout out to start subscribing to games so that you get a subscription notice if you get new topics on games you love.

What can you post? Well everything like I said. I was wondering if anyone played a certain game, well I got two replies. If you play games that are still being adjusted and you notice new features, post about it. If you read something about a certain game coming available on a new platform, post about it on that game page. There is nothing to small to talk about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

I think this might be the difference between viewing your profile on boardgamegeek.com and on videogamegeek.com. I have noticed before that my profile looks slightly different depending which site I'm on even though the two are supposed to be seamlessly linked...

I never go to BGG, I'm actually always viewing things from RPGG. But like I said in my post, if I click the BGG tab, I get a view like Jan's is on VGG, but when I click things on VGG, I get the view I get. So it does ahve something to do with the domain, but I think Jan might be on to something with his reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
132 as of today.

I was wondering how I had so many under Digital Board Game... they're for Minecraft. What's going on there? Incorrect category?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Nothing really impressive: 8

Let's increase that by 1250%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling some of these fields might be aggregating data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
mbmbmbmbmb
3 January 2017, I'm counting 260 (Ha, this is never going to happen for me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cricky wrote:

I was wondering how I had so many under Digital Board Game... they're for Minecraft. What's going on there? Incorrect category?

Could be. I've got one post in Brass that is probably legitimate but the rest of mine are Minecraft and Dark Souls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb

For the sake of avoiding a lot of arithmetic I'm going to try and increase my Plays Fiction Report Replies by 100. That is just ten replies per game I write an As I'm Playing for titles in my hardcore list. Should be doable.

Current: 817
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cylonathalf wrote:
Cricky wrote:

Could be. I've got one post in Brass that is probably legitimate but the rest of mine are Minecraft and Dark Souls.

I've got data for Super Mario Bros. 3 and Portal in digital board games.

I think it is because legitimate board games for these video games exist and somehow the system is blending them.

8Bit Flashback: Super Mario Bros 3
Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game
Minecraft Card Game?
Dark Souls: The Board Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current count: 41. Fun thing about this goal is the more that people contribute for the goal, the easier the goal will be for everyone to achieve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Why not count myself in already?

I realize I failed to follow directions, but my current count is 652.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

368 posts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parker
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Total posts: 45

I can see I have some work to do. Thankfully, Mr Boris is still running the Ravens of VGG, so I can gain some posts from that. (You all should consider joining that, as we are rapidly running out of warm bodies to throw into the pit of Mordheim.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Something that is easier to keep track of. Thanks, Jan!

I think I did this screen shot right.

Beginning of year total = 413 (More than I thought it would be!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
very manly muppet
badge
muppet of a man
mbmbmbmbmb

67 as of 2017-01-03
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Looks like my number to beat is: 35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, lets see what will happen this year, you never know

only the first two threads/replies, right? So I'm at 9 right now hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.