Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Oh yes! I love to play!
badge
C'mon! Take it in your hands! You know that you want...
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I've been adding a lot of Amiga games; and some of the games I had to ad twice as "Amiga" game, where they actually should have been added seperately as "Amiga CD32":
Atari Jaguar have it's own platform entry, which is rightly, but in my opinion the Amiga CD32 should also have, as we are talking about a 32-bit Amiga CD-platform.

And to make it even more specific; Where you can get a CD-ROM drive for the classic Amigas, and there is the Commodore CDTV (which is an Amiga 500 in a fancy cabinet with a CD-ROM drive - and therefore rightly fits the platform "Amiga"), the CD32 disks are not compatible with the CDTV drive or the Amiga A570 (external Amiga CD-rom drive) - the CD32 is however backwards compatible with 16-bit Amiga CDs.

I hope you will see my points as valid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_CD32
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_models_and_variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Platform Sugestion: Amiga CD32
CrazyCatman wrote:
I hope you will see my points as valid.

Yes.

There is some platforms missing in the database, including this one, and eg. Commodore 128.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Oh yes! I love to play!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But how many games were made for Commodore 128 - where you do not have to GO 64 (run in Commodore 64 mode)?
Okay; I found a list: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16196
I have to admit that researching games for Commodore 64 and 128 needs more dive in; if it is a native C128 game or one that need to be run in C64 mode.

However Amiga CD32 is indeed a different platform, similar to the (already added) Atari Jaguar vs Atari ST; "numural" Amigas (500, 600, 1000, 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, etc), the Commodore CDTV and Atari ST were all 16-bit (okay, we could then argue if first generation Amiga (OCS) and second generation (ECS) are one Amiga architecture and if second generation, such as Amiga 1200 (AGA) is a second, as some games can only be played on AGA Amigas such as the A1200 but not on OCS/ECS Amigas) - sorry back to the topic and reverse:
The "numural" Amigas (including Commodore CDTV) and the Atari STs are all 16 bits, where the Atari Jaguar and the Amiga CD32 are 32-bit consoles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea Swallow
United States
flag msg tools
admin
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. Montapert
badge
These computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
But how many games were made for Commodore 128 - where you do not have to GO 64 (run in Commodore 64 mode)?
Okay; I found a list: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16196
I have to admit that researching games for Commodore 64 and 128 needs more dive in; if it is a native C128 game or one that need to be run in C64 mode.

However Amiga CD32 is indeed a different platform, similar to the (already added) Atari Jaguar vs Atari ST; "numural" Amigas (500, 600, 1000, 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, etc), the Commodore CDTV and Atari ST were all 16-bit (okay, we could then argue if first generation Amiga (OCS) and second generation (ECS) are one Amiga architecture and if second generation, such as Amiga 1200 (AGA) is a second, as some games can only be played on AGA Amigas such as the A1200 but not on OCS/ECS Amigas) - sorry back to the topic and reverse:
The "numural" Amigas (including Commodore CDTV) and the Atari STs are all 16 bits, where the Atari Jaguar and the Amiga CD32 are 32-bit consoles.

Amiga CD32 now has a platform entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Oh yes! I love to play!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidding wrote:
. Now I'd better find the releases I added as Amiga CD32 release (under the a Amiga) spine time ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
But how many games were made for Commodore 128

Around 33 games. More then double the amount as eg. Virtual Boy that has it's own platform.

Forbidding wrote:

What about Commodore 128?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea Swallow
United States
flag msg tools
admin
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. Montapert
badge
These computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
Forbidding wrote:

What about Commodore 128?

I am not sure about this one yet. It will require discussion on the Cabinet first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.