Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked at a local computer store in the 80's and have been in the software development biz in the 90's thur the mid 2k.
I have been playing and collecting for various platforms since the late 70's. Recently have a change of life situation and had to move. Have dug out a lot of my various collections and this is a video of an un-boxing of one of the nearly 25 boxes of boxed software. Enjoy...

[swbox02]

( edit - as has been asked, a good part of everything you see will most likely be looking for new homes, as I am downsizing everything. Just message me if you find something of interested. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dug out another box of old game software, just though I'll share
This box was video games that was unboxed...
enjoy

[swbox03]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
To embed youtube videos, you just need the video ID, not the full URL.

Hit the little "tube" button on VGG and enter the ID.

edit: oh, the videos are working now.

Wow! You have a lot of GameCube games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:

Wow! You have a lot of GameCube games!

Those are mostly just the sealed titles, which will be (or already) going to my online store. figure if I haven't played it in the last 10+ years, i'm not going to miss it. I have a private collection that is not sealed, next to my Gamecube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a bunch of new Nokia N-Gage games that I dug out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dug out boxes of old/vintage game software and cartridge for various computer and systems, just though I'll share
That's quite a haul!

Looks like you got most of them for pretty cheap at Gamestop, which is cool. I just did a quick check on ebay and the Elder Scrolls N-Gage game goes for a decent amount of money ($50 opened, $100 sealed). Those would be cool to have for collector's sake. It sucks that Gamestop's game gutting process potentially lost you a ton of money in resale value.

I didn't watch the video with sound (because I'm at work), but do you have an N-Gage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dug out boxes of old/vintage game software and cartridge for various computer and systems, just though I'll share
GibbRS wrote:
That's quite a haul!

Looks like you got most of them for pretty cheap at Gamestop, which is cool. I just did a quick check on ebay and the Elder Scrolls N-Gage game goes for a decent amount of money ($50 opened, $100 sealed). Those would be cool to have for collector's sake. It sucks that Gamestop's game gutting process potentially lost you a ton of money in resale value.

I didn't watch the video with sound (because I'm at work), but do you have an N-Gage?

Those were acquired when they were being cleared out, about half of the n-gage titles have already been sold. All of them were still factory sealed. And yes, I do own a 1st gen n-gage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another unboxing of vintage software...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great collection. Thanks for sharing these videos. I also love that old EA packaging, and the games were great too. I played a ton of Archon, One on One, and Murder on the Zinderneuf on my Atari 800.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
GibbRS wrote:
That's quite a haul!

Those were acquired when they were being cleared out, about half of the n-gage titles have already been sold. All of them were still factory sealed. And yes, I do own a 1st gen n-gage.

Oh, my bad. I thought those cases with the big clear sticker over the clamshell part was from Gamestop gutting the cases and putting them on the floor. I'm not super familiar with N-gage games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
From the pictures, I can tell you that I played these games when they were brand new and considered the height of technological coolness and graphic excellence:

Star Control
Star Control II
Omega
Wizardry IV
Pirates!

Well... Wizardry IV probably not considered graphically good when it was released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
From the pictures, I can tell you that I played these games when they were brand new and considered the height of technological coolness and graphic excellence:

Star Control
Star Control II
Omega
Wizardry IV
Pirates!

Well... Wizardry IV probably not considered graphically good when it was released.

I am selling off most of the old boxes but am keeping a selected few that I LOVE, and Star Control collection is some of the few I am keeping. I have Wizardry for my Apple, so this one is going. I remember when Wizardry (first one) came out for the Apple II, we could not stop playing for WEEKS!!! and it was consider a ground breaking game, where you get a first person perspective...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice collection. Thanks for charing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dug out boxes of old/vintage 80's/90's Big Box Game and cartridge for various computer and systems, just though I'll share
This box is mostly Atari Jaguar cartridge and system, as well as some SNES games.

[swbox06]

( edit - as has been asked, a good part of everything you see will most likely be looking for new homes, as I am downsizing everything. Just message me if you find something of interested. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dug out boxes of old/vintage 80's/90's Big Box Game and cartridge for various computer and systems, just though I'll share
Lots of awesome stuff yet again, David.

I love the boxed SNES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
Lots of awesome stuff yet again, David.

I love the boxed SNES.

Thanks,
This one was from my baby brother (who was 14 at the time), who saved his allowance and purchased it for me. Never had the heart to tell him I already own one.
Just pulled the other one out after doing this video and set it up for my two young girls to see Super Mario World. They were not impress and went back to playing Super Mario World 3-D on the Wii-U.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly Sega Genesis cartridge, CD's and system

[swbox07]
https://youtu.be/KGQy3kneKug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly the old floppy base game loader for Sega Genesis and Nintendo SNES and a working SNES console

[swbox08]
https://youtu.be/tDDw6SI_TjM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly some Sega Saturn games and a working Saturn console

https://youtu.be/YKY6R2i-Gpc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly Handheld Games and Cartridge

[SWbox10]
https://youtu.be/ZJatYRDmLAA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly Sega Dreamcast Games and Disc

[SWbox11]
https://youtu.be/rWGz52THhpk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box is mostly PS1 Games and console

[SWbox12]
https://youtu.be/p-OWrhPy5Fs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This box is mostly Nintendo Games and hardware

[SWbox13]
https://youtu.be/cJHfkK_BeUU

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just how big is this storage area with all these bins?

If I had a more disposable income and more space, I'd be all over this. My wife would kill me though. She's come to grips with the fact that my game collection and game related things are here to stay, but she's trying to get me to get rid of pretty much anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite a collection! I love 80s/90s artwork on big box PC games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.