Lure of the Temptress
Dragonsphere
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Tropico Reloaded
Hillsfar
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1992)
Baroque
Portal 2
007: Nightfire
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
99 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: What have you been listening to lately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here in Denmark my playlist has been almost exclusively Velvet Volume and their debut-album Look Look Look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taibi wrote:
Here in Denmark my playlist has been almost exclusively Velvet Volume and their debut-album Look Look Look.
I ended up buying their album myself.. so I've been listening to this, and the Greta Van Fleet Album I bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb

This came up on my Facebook feed this morning, and I've listened to it several times throughout the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you don't mind if I pop in on this thread.

I'm a huge metal head, and recently, the highlights are:

Code Orange - Forever (not for the feint of heart, it's pretty heavy)

Machine Head - The first track from their new album, Catharsis, is call Beyond the Pale. They've stated the new stuff will be lighter and slower, though this first offering is still fairly thrashy, but has a killer groove.

Cavalera Conspiracy - Psychosis - Easily the best stuff from Max and Igor since their Sepultura days, and super intense (and mega fast).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently revisited blink-182’s Dogs Eating Dogs EP, which I think is some of their best work outside of their eponymous 2003 album.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
American Football games college and pro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
American Football games college and pro.

Nice, what teams do you support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been slowly working my way through GiantBomb.com’s Game of the Year podcasts over the past few days. Each year they have lengthy discussions about what games best represent specific categories such as Best Style, Most Disappointing, Best Multiplayer, Best Looking, etc. all the way up to deciding a Game of the Year. Each episode is rather lengthy (it’s a lengthy podcast in general, but these episodes are several hours long), but they’re an entertaining bunch, and it’s interesting to listen to their arguments for and against games.

I’ve been listening to their podcast each week for a few years now, and I recommend checking it out even if you pass on the daunting GOTY episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
At work listening to streams of Arrow Classic Rock and Radio 10. Occasionally Classic FM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gifted quite a bit of vinyl over the holidays. I work from home a couple days a week, and I like to have music on in the background, so I plan to work my way through those in the coming weeks. I listened to the following over the holidays.

Box Car Racer - Box Car Racer - This album did a lot to develop my tastes back in my early teens. It was a pop-punk album with more post-hardcore and punk influences. I've always appreciated that kind of music, but I've always felt there should be an inherent catchy-ness to a song, and this album delivers on a great blend of those sonic features. Cat Like Thief, All Systems Go, and Tiny Voices are highlights from this album.

The Front Bottoms - Rose - This folk-punk band is, admittedly, an acquired taste. Melancholy acoustic guitar creates the foundation for most of their songs with indie rock electric guitars, keyboards, garage drums, and a horn section layered on top. Their lyrics tend to be this interesting combination of nonsensical and yet somehow straightforward and relatable. This EP doesn't necessarily represent their best or most complete body of work, but both the songs Jim Bogart and Twelve Feet Deep are a couple of my favorites from their repertoire.

Grouplove - Big Mess - I wasn't really a fan of Grouplove prior to hearing this album, albeit, I was only acutely aware of their existence. Big Mess really captures much of what I like about modern indie rock - multiple vocalists, fuzzy guitars, synthesizers, and a blend of electronic and real drums. Many indie rockers forget (or aren't interested in) delivering catchy choruses, but Grouplove delivers on this album. I've checked out earlier releases in their discography, and for me, they don't quite stack up to this one, but it has me optimistic about hearing more form them in the future.

Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End - This isn't my favorite Weezer album, but it has remained an album that I revisit from time to time. While it isn't their strongest release, I feel it represents an interesting blend of classic Weezer, experimental Pinkerton-era Weezer, and modern pop Weezer. Not every song is a success in this regard, and truthfully, I have to be in a certain mood to put this album on. But it is different and cohesive in a way that many of their contemporaries' albums are not. And Cleopatra remains one of my favorite Weezer songs of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I support the University of Iowa Hawkeye college teams and the pro football team New England Patriots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
I support the University of Iowa Hawkeye college teams and the pro football team New England Patriots.

I'm somewhat confused.

Though regarding music I've been listening to the soundtrack for this recently:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:

My dad is a New England Patriots fan as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been listening to Critical Role trying to get caught up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cricky wrote:
GeoffreyB wrote:

I'm somewhat confused.

Though regarding music I've been listening to the soundtrack for this recently:

He mentioned that he had been listening to college and professional football (I assume either through radio or just listening to the TV), but looking back at it, I could see how that’s confusing within the context of this thread lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been immersing myself in hard bop jazz lately. I find this Miles Davis Quintet version of It Never Entered my Mind to be just quite lovely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
He mentioned that he had been listening to college and professional football (I assume either through radio or just listening to the TV), but looking back at it, I could see how that’s confusing within the context of this thread lol

Ahhhh... I see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went from Evanescence (and Evanescence station) to Disturbed to Hard Rock to Disney Favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tom DeLonge is my favorite musician/songwriter, and in anticipation of the next installment in his book series Poet Anderson, I've been listening to the soundtrack that accompanied the first entry, ...Of Nightmares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
shelflife3000 wrote:
I've been immersing myself in hard bop jazz lately. I find this Miles Davis Quintet version of It Never Entered my Mind to be just quite lovely.

Agreed. That was excellent. I'm no jazz connoisseur, but Kind of Blue by Miles Davis is an amazing album.

edit - for clarification, that song isn't from Kind of Blue, it's just the Miles' album I'm most familiar with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
As a PSA, for a $2 minimum, the Groupees Celtic Bundle has eight "Celtic" themed albums.

I'm still sampling it, but I've already listened to (and loved) Claudie Mackula's Solitude which is included. Fully worth the $2. The only reason I haven't purchased it yet as I need to hear some of the other included work to determine how much more I'll pay than the minimum.

I've purchased over 20 bundles from Groupees and haven't had any issues yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw John Paul White live tonight, so I’ve been listening to some of his stuff. Here’s one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Beatles with their yellow submarine, always makes me happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Duck and Cover!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son is playing his guitar. I always enjoy the sounds escaping through the floors/walls of our house. He's a Metal fan, but I have gotten him to play some mellow Pink Floyd on occasion. Today, though, the sounds of Metallica and Slayer are penetrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ultramafic wrote:
My son is playing his guitar. I always enjoy the sounds escaping through the floors/walls of our house. He's a Metal fan, but I have gotten him to play some mellow Pink Floyd on occasion. Today, though, the sounds of Metallica and Slayer are penetrating.

When I was first learning to play guitar, Metallica probably made up 80% of what I played. So much fun, and it definitely pushes you to develop your skills. Glad kids are still picking up guitar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.