Subject: What have you been listening to lately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently listening to Dark Country. Nick Nolan's Dead and Gone. Just listened to Disturbed's Sound of Silence, Bad Wolves' cover of Zombie, and a metal cover of Africa. I like most of these things better than what's on my phone but I'm too lazy to change it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Just listened to Disturbed's Sound of Silence [...]

I was very impressed with that performance. It's haunting, and it showcases a vocal style that you don't often hear from him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite bands released a new single today. Grabbed tickets to go see them in Charlotte, NC in September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really tried to like Angels and Airwaves, but didn't take to them. I had a similar reaction to 30 Seconds to Mars as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're certainly not for everybody. I think their first record came along at a perfect time for me. I was a pop punk kid in high school discovering more indie/alternative music, and they fit the bill. So that album became special to me, and I haven't looked back since. Not to mention Tom DeLonge was and still is one of my heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to travel for the past few days, so I decided to listen to Apple Music's curated playlists. The standout was the "Chill Mix" playlist that had a fairly eclectic mix of artists. Robert Plant's Liars Dance, Pete Yorn's Four Years, and Grazed Knees by Snow Patrol all got added to my library.

I picked up Big Mess by Grouplove on vinyl awhile back, so I've been listening to that since I got home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having got back into Muse, I discovered I'd missed a couple of their albums in the past 8 years.. So I picked up "The 2nd Law" (2012) and "Drones" (2015), as well as replacing my missing Origin of Symmetry. Not tried Drones yet, but The 2nd Law is a phenomenal album.. so many great songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a big fan of "Drones". Some fantastic arrangements on that album!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

shameless plug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not typically a fan of this band, but I heard this song the other day, and it has been stuck in my head ever since. So, I added it to my Apple Music library this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've been in a new wave and cyberpunk mood for the past few months. Been listening to theprimethanatos youtube mixes mostly and some other related youtube mixes as well as a community cyberpunk put together list on spotify (from the reddit cyberpunk community). there is a lot of great stuff out there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
MOROW prog rock webradio station. Pretty nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This song released just today. I'm coming around to more pop music, at least in small doses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Cummerbund mixes. Wish of Confusion is amazing, as is That Which I Desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Just started to re-listen to a lot of They Might Be Giants. I feel like their latest stuff lacks some of the poetry of some of their earlier songs:

Why the dancing, shouting
Why the shrieks of pain
The lovely music
Why the smell of burning autumn leaves

Also, TMBG is the only band with a well-made wiki that most importantly includes all of its lyrics on a not-horrifying ad-laden garbage website

http://tmbw.net/wiki/Lyrics:No_One_Knows_My_Plan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Just started to re-listen to a lot of They Might Be Giants. I feel like their latest stuff lacks some of the poetry of some of their earlier songs:

Is the antediluvian / postdiluvian dichotomy of TMBG albums no longer a thing, or was that never really a thing to begin with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit it (although perhaps I've unfairly judged him as an artist without knowing much about him), but I very much enjoy this Machine Gun Kelly song.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to my youngest, a lot of btob, k-pop. Their song wow and insane are actually quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:

Is the antediluvian / postdiluvian dichotomy of TMBG albums no longer a thing, or was that never really a thing to begin with?
I honestly don't know - I never really read too much into a lot of their stuff in that regard, though I know a lot of analysis is out there. I feel like it's usually far enough for me to learn what the actual lyrics are and decide how I feel about that, though what you're talking about is very curious (I mean, they have an album that is just called Flood so who freaking knows) (probably someone)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meatloaf
and this guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm listening to Jet right now and they're pretty much what I want to listen to right now, so well done them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'm listening to Jet right now and they're pretty much what I want to listen to right now, so well done them.

Jet definitely scratches a particular itch for me from time to time. Get Born is a great album.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added a bunch of rock and classic rock to my playlist. Need to hit a little more Red Hot Chili Peppers though, maybe. I don't know what I like, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a ton of Rolling Stones songs if they were covered by someone else - namely, The Brainbell Janglers, but I think they collapsed after Tipplin' at Tillies which nobody in the world has actually heard of or remembers.

Edit:

Just found Brainbell Janglers on Amazon Music and they sound the same as the Tipplin' at Tillies guys so that's awesome. They had a great sound and solid original music. But they covered Jumpin' Jack Flash and Sympathy for the Devil, and their versions are far superior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Summer hits on Radio 10, now Coco Jambo by Mr. President

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.