United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Please don't judge me.

I wanted to join in too, but my arm/shoulder strength has been crap for the last 5 years or so. Plus trying to ramp up fast has been a huge pitfall for me. So I just did 10 wall pushups. I'll try to do another set of 10 later this afternoon.

That's awesome, keep it up! I'm never going to judge anyone who is making an effort to improve themselves - there's only motivation and support here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only made it to 45 yesterday and the soreness is really starting to hit me after 2 days. This is a good thing though - it means your body is starting to activate muscle fibers which have been dormant for a long time (and burning a lot of calories in the process). I may have to take a real rest day though...can't risk getting an injury.

I did go on a shopping trip this morning and bought a lot of vegetables/fruit and high protein foods. If I can just resist those little donuts from the break room vending machine I might make some progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good luck Rudy & everyone else doing this!

My eldest has to do his physical fitness badge for Scouts, so we are going to do it as a family starting in January.

I'm up to a 30 second plank at this point, sometimes I do pushups, but not many, maybe 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
So I just did 10 wall pushups. I'll try to do another set of 10 later this afternoon.

High 5, Rose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
I am having pillow issues so I woke up with some stiffness in my neck and back. It really makes you feel like exercising. I am going to try to get some push ups in today but I am not going for many. I need to see how I feel and corral my pride into not overdoing it. I already went outside and walked for about an hour and a half, so I did get some exercise in at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
I'm up to a 30 second plank at this point, sometimes I do pushups, but not many, maybe 5.

thumbsup Every step we take brings us closer than we were before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
What type of pushups are you doing? Hands in close under the armpits with elbows pointed backward? Wide armed using all chest muscles? Hands in a diamond shape? Hands just wider than shoulder width?

All use different muscles. You may even be able to get more pushups in by doing all different types.
I am going to lay off regular shoulder width push ups tonight and try the diamond shape.
I don't recommend this, haha...they are extra difficult.

You can't tell me what to do!!

Edit: You were right, I stopped at 3.

Diamond would be the most difficult of those I recommended whistle

Another thing you can do to switch up the muscles in use are to rotate your hands so your fingers aren't always pointed forward.

One more thing (as if you wanted more ways to make this easier), you can move your hands forward or backward to further change the muscle groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Another thing you can do to switch up the muscles in use are to rotate your hands so your fingers aren't always pointed forward.

One more thing (as if you wanted more ways to make this easier), you can move your hands forward or backward to further change the muscle groups.

Noted! This is helpful stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Second set of 10 wall push-ups done. I can tell from how the muscles reacted with the last 3 that 2 sets of 10 will be all that I do for the next bunch of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Second set of 10 wall push-ups done. I can tell from how the muscles reacted with the last 3 that 2 sets of 10 will be all that I do for the next bunch of days.

I am taking it easy too. I don't want get to the point were I hurt myself. There is no sense in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am at 50 so far today - did 3 sets of 10, rested for about 15 minutes, then did 10, 8, 2 (haha). I will try for another few sets before bed tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Nice work.

I just did a set of 10. I still feel a little sore, so we will see how this day goes.

Edit 1: Another set of 10 in the books. It feels like my left pec muscle is still a little sore but the right one is fine.

Edit 2: Did another set of 10, so I am up to 30 for the day. The problem with doing sets of 10 is I have to try to remember to do 10 of them a day. It's almost 8pm and I've only done 3 sets. Granted I am still in warm up mode, but I need to be more disciplined for when I start really going for it. At least my pec isn't feeling worse, so I feel like I am making progress.

Edit 3: Man, I feel wired right now. I have to remember to try to do more push ups at work when I feel really tired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did a set of 10 wall, but it hurt up my neck, so that will be it for today. I might have to just do 10 for the next few days and then add in the second set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This thread has inspired me to do pushups again. I have done 2 sets of 25 today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
This thread has inspired me to do pushups again. I have done 2 sets of 25 today

Great, glad to have you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to do another few partial sets tonight (25 total) - that makes 75 for the day. That's going to be it for me today - good luck everyone, you're all doing great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Just did a set of 10 at work in my office before 7:00 am. I don't know who I am anymore.

Edit 1: Slow morning at work. 10 more before 8:00. Going to try to keep this up.
Edit 2: 10 more for a total of 30 so far.
Edit 3: 10 more for a new daily max of 40.
Edit 4: Another 10. They are getting tougher to do.
Edit 5: I am now up to 60 push ups done at work. 100 sure does seem like a lot now.
Edit 6: 10 at home.

Total for today = 70
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could do them at work but I don't want to touch the floor. We get a lot of beetles in the building every summer (fleeing from the heat), and I smash them into the carpet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did 15 just before leaving for work this morning, then 3 sets when I got home (15, 10, 5) so I'm currently at 45 total. Hopefully I'll start to lose a little weight and things will be easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
It's a new dawn, a new day...

10 at work before breakfast, 10 more a few hours later, then 10 more before lunch.

Total push ups for today = 30.

Ugh. I wanted to do more today but I allowed distractions to take over. OK, tomorrow I need to step it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
It's a new dawn, a new day...

10 at work before breakfast. 10 more a few hours later.

Total push ups for today = 20.

4:49am?!!

I mean, you're two hours ahead of me, but still...

Get some sleep, would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed yesterday, which was probably for the best with how my shoulders and neck were feeling. But I did my 10 for today and I could feel it in the correct muscles, not my neck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
OK, let's see if I can redeem myself today.

Go a set of 10 in before breakfast. 10 more a couple of hours later. 10 more before lunch.

Total = 30

I had to go to another building today that is being shutdown. I had to run around, up and down steps and collect massive piles of leftover computer related equipment. That wore me out! Needless to say that may be the extent of my exercising today. I'm pooped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my 10 in already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt guilty about making fun of the early rise times and the dedication to the cause.
So I just finished 15 pushups. Followed by a few seconds of "downward dog", to help stretch out a bit.

Edit: 9:15am
Another set of 15. Another downward dog.

Edit: 10:40am
They are getting harder....

Edit: 12:45pm
I'm making good progress.

Edit: 2:05pm
Another set of 15. That's what? 75? No downward dog this time.
Easier than completing BurrEato... but I'm getting short on time now.
I'm going drinking at 6:00pm.

Edit: 3:30pm
How much would it suck if I didn't squeeze in another 10 this aft?
I'm at 90 now, and feeling optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.