Subject: Rudy's exercise thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still doing my workouts and eating good (about 85% success there, which I'm more than happy with here at the start of everything). I've now done more than 12 exercise visits so that it's now officially a habit, which keeps me in the groove!)

However, yesterday, even though I was planning NOT to run, I stupidly decided to run, too, since I was feeling good..and sure enough slightly pulled my left Calf muscle. Both of the lower calves have been tight and wanting to pull which sucks. I hope they get with the program and hold up soon...because I ain't stopping this exercise train for no muscles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
Back exercises = 1 set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Back exercises = 1 set

How is this helping us eat more tacos? I'm confused.

edit: Dropped and did 15 push-ups. I had 3 tacos earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
MABBY wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
Back exercises = 1 set

How is this helping us eat more tacos? I'm confused.

edit: Dropped and did 15 push-ups. I had 3 tacos earlier.

What? That's only 5 push-ups a taco. The deal was for ten push-ups per taco.

Drop and give me another 15, grunt.

Pft. Canadians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Canadian push-ups are only worth like 3.89 American push-ups via the exchange rate, I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
I had about a hour walk yesterday evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spent an hour and a half umpiring adult softball, which involves a lot of moving around along with the standing around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Back exercises = 1 set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaving far too early for work these day to manage morning exercises, but keeping up the leg strengthening in the evenings. Also been watching my diet a bit and am 5 lbs down and with less leg pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Today was supposed to be push up day but I am not feeling well enough to do any exercises. I will try again on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you feel better soon. Today was 45 mins of tennis with my wife and daughter. We were lucky to sneak it in before rain washes out the rest of the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to take two days off (family sick) but got back to it today. Have a pull in my right calf that's almost healed but I could only do 4 laps before I could feel it building up to pull again so I stopped and just walked the rest of the mile. Also did tons of ellipticals, arm weights...and then a dry sauna and hot tub soak. Felt great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 ARs, then 2 centers. Good times. Got yelled at by a coach and apologized to, and a parent and not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Couple days of manual labor getting the yard back in order. Lot of mowing, weed whacking, hand threshing and clearing out tons of brush.

That definitely counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Down 7 lbs now. Started at about 260...I'm now, after 3.4 weeks, at 253.

BUT..my left Calf pull is still there. If I try to run too much it starts to tighten up. I'm going to have to entirely stop running for a while. Damn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Jogged a mile and a half chasing a 4 year old on a bike, then carried her another half a mile on my back when she got tired. Then did some push-ups until I couldn't do any more. Changing my diet a bit too, we'll see how that goes.

Goal #1 is to hit 185. Baby steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Allergies hit me on Sunday, and my body was not ready. Before that I had something working on me along with a nasty sore throat. I have been taking it easy and not exercising since Thursday. Hopefully that will change soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad news for me...thought I was fine to do a nice long walk at least today, got way out away from my work when my left calf nearly seized up in pain. Had no other recourse but to limp my way ALL the way back to work.

Ugh. Guess I definitely have to rest it a while but I'll focus on upper body weights, ellipticals and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
OK, let's try to get back into this again.

Push ups = 75
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm down below 260 again, woot. Umpiring 3 softball games tonight, and played one softball game last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am beginning to think I do more movement while I'm umpiring than when I'm playing, although I do run harder for shorter periods of time as a player. As an umpire, I'm constantly running from the plate to the center of the infield in order to call all the bases. As a player, I run a little on the field on defense, and on offense I get to hit one out of many innings and then run. And I might get out, which is less running.

However, we provide our own umpires so i'm usually either hitting or umpiring in the half-innings we're batting. So that's keeping me active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Jythier wrote:
I am beginning to think I do more movement while I'm umpiring than when I'm playing, although I do run harder for shorter periods of time as a player. As an umpire, I'm constantly running from the plate to the center of the infield in order to call all the bases. As a player, I run a little on the field on defense, and on offense I get to hit one out of many innings and then run. And I might get out, which is less running.

That sounds about right, and I think that's the case with most sports (save the obvious endurance type stuff). Hockey is the same way. Short, high speed bursts followed by periods of rest. With the occasional collision.

It's much, much easier for me to recover during HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) than it is for me to recover during prolonged, endurance exercise like jogging. Too many years doing the former.

Oh, and congrats on the milestone! Do you have an end goal set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm mostly curious where my body will get to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
I took about an hour walk yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Push ups = 100
Played tug of war agaist a border collie using a soccor ball for the better part of an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.