Subject: Rudy's exercise thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow I will probably do 6 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
At least two hours today was spent spreading mulch around the property at church. While the exercise was good, breathing in all that steam could not have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only did 5 games as some games got pushed due to thunderstorms and lightning, very very frightening. Centered 3 and ARed 2.

One of the games was a flippin' run-fest as the players were amped up and the teams were even enough that it just went back and forth. Best game all season. Everyone was just a little more aggressive and, well, rough than normal, so I was letting things go a lot more than usual and it created a great game for the players but when they fouled they were really fouls, and the parents didn't like that much. Great soccer though. They played way above the normal level for that age group.

Meanwhile I had to warn a couple of the girls in another game because the game was at a much lower level and they get shoving each other way too hard and I was afraid they were going to start hurting each other, or worse, another girl who got into the fray with them. I started blowing the whistle if they brushed against each other. Okay, not really, but I was willing to go that far because it's a U12/U10 mixed league and the U10 girls would not be able to keep up with them.

Oops, I meant to just talk about the exercise stuff.

One of the AR games had a counterattacking strategy which means that the defense pushes all the way up and then the other team gets to ball and tries to get it past the defense and get a breakaway. That left me running pretty regularly at full speed from the center line to the penalty area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Chopped up a tree that came down in the woods behind our house, then carried out the logs to build a path into the woods for easy access. Then did a bunch of pushups because my arms didn't hurt enough yet.

They're pretty sore now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Push ups = 105
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reffed a game with the dual system, it wasn't very intensive. Then played softball and had to run out several grounders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Push ups = 100
Reverse plank = 2 sets of 1 min
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10 min leg strengthening exercises today. Trying to do more on my days off, since I’ve been slacking on workdays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Last night I walked for at least an hour with a friend.
Push ups = 100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Does anyone find this thread beneficial in any way? I am wondering if I should stop continue posting or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Does anyone find this thread beneficial in any way? I am wondering if I should stop continue posting or not.

Didn't we just have this conversation and decide it WAS helpful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

How long ago was that? Well, being that this thread has been up for 6 months, maybe it's a good time to go over it again, especially since there are only a few of us who post anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Also...
push ups = 102
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Also...
push ups = 51

Should be doing 2 softball games tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Jythier wrote:

How long ago was that? Well, being that this thread has been up for 6 months, maybe it's a good time to go over it again, especially since there are only a few of us who post anymore.

Maybe that was Rudy's Exorcism thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find the random listings of various exercises done as being helpful since those relate to whoever posted them, specifically....but I do find the general health-related or fitness-related discussions or posts helpful, overall.

Sidenote - I've lost another 2 lbs...started at probably 260 or 262 and I'm now down to 252.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Still knocking out daily pushups, although I'm not really counting. I just do them until I'm too tired to continue.

Also found a pretty good "game" for kiddo and I to play in the backyard - I call it "kickball golf". I put a "Can" from "Kan Jam" on each end of the yard, then we take turns kicking a kickball towards the opposite can. Like golf, the objective is to kick the ball into the can in as few attempts as possible. Basically, it's just a good excuse for us to run back and forth across the yard.

...and my best score was 2. Wife did it in three, and kiddo was 6. Not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Rugby practice for two hours. Team is practicing for an upcoming 7's tournament in a couple weeks, so we did 7's format. Basically means an hour and a half of constant movement. Really winded throughout practice, sore as all get out today, but feeling good otherwise. Left calf knotted up a bit, but loosened it up before it really got back.

Hell of a cardio workout. Then did some pushups after I got home because apparently I wasn't sore ENOUGH yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Walked a couple miles with the family yesterday, then ran intervals for another mile. The usual pushup routine afterwards.

Very stiff today, and legs are screaming at me. Practice tonight, but have to miss next week due to travel, so wanted to get another hard workout in before I leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a big soccer tournament this weekend, I ended up doing 1 center and 7 AR gigs, and in the higher divisions ARing is more workout than centering. I had a lot of fun, met some cool referees, and now I'm pretty much exhausted. With my weight loss or my leg power I can now jump and touch the rim of a basketball hoop, which I've never been able to do on a regulation hoop before.

Also played some octoball and some ultimate dodgeball with the youth group. After having done 8 games. So that was interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Jythier wrote:
With my weight loss or my leg power I can now jump and touch the rim of a basketball hoop, which I've never been able to do on a regulation hoop before.

Dude, that's awesome!

Keeping up the pushup thing daily. Spend all day (literally, all day) Saturday doing yard work, so that was a workout in itself.

Sunday ran around playing soccer with my little one, and played around with a rugby ball for awhile working on my lateral. I'm sure if any of the neighbors saw me, they must have thought I was nuts. Well, more nuts. Running around the backyards pitching rugby balls to lawnchairs to work on my aim.

Was fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a pretty natural lateral thrower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Jythier wrote:
I'm a pretty natural lateral thrower.

I'll admit, it's harder than it looks. I'm decent on the timing and the "lead", but I have trouble when pitching to my right side. And that makes sense because I have an injured left shoulder, plus the face that I'm right handed.

So a lateral to the left is fine, but to the right...that's a bit weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Jythier wrote:

I don't post here much, but I do find this thread motivating. Because hey, if all you guys are doing cool healthy stuff, then so will I!

So I'm off for a run now ... and it's at least in part your fault!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.