Lure of the Temptress
Dragonsphere
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Tropico Reloaded
Hillsfar
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1992)
Baroque
Portal 2
007: Nightfire
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
545 Posts
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Rudy's exercise thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasp ... wheeze ... You guys stink.

Actually, I stink. Time for a shower. Have a great Sunday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
Good job!
E Decker wrote:
Have a great Sunday!

You too!

I am still keeping at it with my push ups and walking around. Now that summer is here, I will be spending more time in the garden and doing other crazy things with friends such as hiking the Appalachian Trail again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
I am still keeping at it with my push ups and walking around. Now that summer is here, I will be spending more time in the garden and doing other crazy things with friends such as hiking the Appalachian Trail again.

Whoooooooooooooah now.

Clarification needed.

Hiking THE Appalachian trail, or hiking SEGMENTS of the Appalachian trail? Significant difference (although I suspect if you were planning the former, we would have heard about it before now!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Clarification needed.

Really? How nuts do you think I am? Wait, don't answer that.

Quote:
Hiking THE Appalachian trail, or hiking SEGMENTS of the Appalachian trail? Significant difference (although I suspect if you were planning the former, we would have heard about it before now!)

If you think I am taking about 5 months out of my life to hike that beast, you are insane. Forget that. No, I will be hiking out a 5-7 miles and then turning around and hiking 5-7 miles back to the car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Clarification needed.

Quote:

If you think I am taking about 5 months out of my life to hike that beast, you are insane. Forget that. No, I will be hiking out a 5-7 miles and then turning around and hiking 5-7 miles back to the car.

Yeah, it's not like he's from Finland where 5 months is a small vacation package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Clarification needed.

...my point exactly.

tickmanfan wrote:

That seems more reasonable. Granted, a 10-14 mile hike is nothing to sneeze at either. The longest I've done thus far was roughly 16 miles in a day, but that also involved a pretty significant elevation change (Adirondack Log - Marcy Dam - Mt. Marcy Summit - Marcy Dam).

My cousin walked through one State of the Trail, except now I can't remember which State. Did take her several weeks.

I'm prepping my little one for her first "major" (as in, not just a local trailhead that can be walked in an hour) hike in a year or so - Cascade Mountain in the Adirondacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Clarification needed.

Quote:

Yeah, it's not like he's from Finland where 5 months is a small vacation package.

No kidding. Do Europeans ever work? LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mb
Nobody is doing pushups anymore? I was thinking about restarting and hoping that some people were still active on this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
I stopped because my elbow was starting to hurt, so I had to give it a long break because it hung around, which killed my progress. Then I started getting up early and exercising on my stationary bike and have been doing that consistently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
The internet didn't let me down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose! I haven't heard from you in forever! Yay!

I was just thinking about this thread. Wife and I got a treadmill over the holidays, and we were doing a pretty good job keeping up with it, but then slacked off after a particularly rough month. Need to get back into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny story about the treadmill, while I'm thinking of it.

Right after we got it, I got a new pair of running shoes for use only on the treadmill. Well, I needed to try 'em out, so I went for a run to see how the new kicks felt and to see what I was capable of.

Lungs and legs felt pretty good, so I went out and ran three miles. Pretty decent pace too. Felt good afterwards, so figured I must have been in halfway decent shape.

The next morning I woke up and could barely walk. Legs felt great, but both my feet were killing me.

Spent the next week limping everywhere. Overdid it, managed to injure myself slightly. Nothing major, but I paid the price for being stupid.

Went back a couple weeks later after everything felt good again. Ran 2.5 miles, walked the last half, but ran at a much slower pace.

So that was better.

Still, I can be stupid sometimes. Haven't run for a couple years now, immediately decide I should run 3 miles at an 8 minute pace. Dummy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Spring is in the air... I need to figure out what I am going to do when the weather stays warm. Maybe try to get back into a bodyweight workout as well as some form of physical activity. I have to find a way to get my butt outside more than I have in recent years. Anyone for tennis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Spring is in the air... I need to figure out what I am going to do when the weather stays warm. Maybe try to get back into a bodyweight workout as well as some form of physical activity. I have to find a way to get my butt outside more than I have in recent years. Anyone for tennis?

Can't help you on the tennis bit.

Kiddo and I got some of our hiking gear ready over the winter, and have our first couple hikes planned for when the weather finally gets warmer. First stop is Baltimore Woods in Marcellus to take on one of the larger trails, then either Guppy Falls in the Skaneateles Conservation Area, or Beaver Lake Nature Center. All are pretty short hikes, and all have trail maps so kiddo can work on her orienteering.

Finally, we have a map of the Adirondack High Peaks area on a cork board down in the basement, with a push pin already placed on our first target - Cascade Mountain. We're still a couple years away from that hike, but it's nice to have a plan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Rose! I haven't heard from you in forever! Yay!

Awww! Thanks! I have been struggling to keep up on most threads on BGG, so VGG mostly went by the way side, sadly. I need to figure out how to at least know when Frumpish's flash game contests are run. And I miss a lot of you all.

---

I am starting from scratch again on the pushups, so I did 7 wall pushups 2 days ago. My left arm was feeling it yesterday, so I let it be. But I did 10 again this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This week, I did 10 wall pushups each on Mon, Wed, Fri. I think that will be my schedule moving forward to allow the muscles to heal appropriately.

I started trying to do more stairs and whatnot, but I twisted my ankle on Tuesday, so I'm trying to let it heal since it's still fussy. Grrrrrr. I want to be out walking since it's nice out! Perhaps I'll do some leg lifts or something this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job Rose!

No "formal" exercise for me this weekend, but we were outside pretty much all weekend, and I had a LOT of physical activity as a result. Plus, chasing around a 5 year old.

I say that counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mb
IceFire1424 wrote:
No "formal" exercise for me this weekend, but we were outside pretty much all weekend, and I had a LOT of physical activity as a result. Plus, chasing around a 5 year old.

I say that counts!

Chasing around a 5 year old is a lot of exercise!

13 push-ups today. I started to go on a short walk, but after 3 blocks, my ankle started yelling at me, so got on the bus instead. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.