Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats everyone! And good luck with any new challenges in 2019!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
cylonathalf wrote:
Well, in the end I managed to do 10 games and over 200 hours but was nowhere near completing my hardcore list.

congrats, badges send
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McLaughlin
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Tasty Bacon! Crispy Bacon! I'd get it myself but I don't have THUMBS
badge
WHERE IS IT!? Where's the BACON??
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Grade: D-
Total Games Completed: 8
Games Completed from Hardcore: 3
Hours Total: 276.50

Welp. That was a failure on my part. I squandered the year especially halfway through. I have no excuses. Bleh.

Final Result
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that still worth one microbadge, congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoz
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I set myself a strange hardcore list where each game was from a different platform. I failed the hardcore part but still completed 11 games totalling 231 hours and 27 minutes. Below are my thoughts on those games:

ActRaiser (SNES)

A lot of games that combine multiple unrelated genres (in this case Simulation and Platform) often execute one or the other poorly. In the case of ActRaiser the city building part is about as in-depth as I'd like it to be when playing with a SNES controller at at SNES TV resolution.

The platforming parts start out easy but get quite difficult toward the end. I had to find most of the power ups before I was able to beat the final level and boss, and for some of the power ups the game gives you no hint as to where they are or what to do to get them, and I had to check those details in a guide.

Overall, the game still holds up quite well and I'm glad I've finally completed it (I had started it a few times and just played around an hour).

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (SEGA Master System)

This is a game I played at a friends house growing up and I was so intrigued by how it was built in to their SEGA Master System (if you turned the system on with no cartridge it would play Alex Kidd). The money / shop / inventory system is quite good for an 8-bit era game, however the platforming and controls do not hold up well today compared to Super Mario Bros.. The boss fights are also bizarre and quite clunky at times.

A lot of the difficulty comes from platforming hazards that you have no way of being able to predict, such as a floor that looks identical to the rest of the floor but opens up when you step on it. I'm sure a lot of people got enjoyment from the game when it was contemporary and memorised all of the disappearing floors and other tricks, but it does not hold up all that well today.

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

This is one of the best games on the Nintendo 64 and one of the best games I've ever played. It's a Mario game that feels very fresh and innovative. The level design is great and the final boss fight is amazing.

The final level is incredibly difficult (but not unfair). It took me a couple of hours spread over a week, and I was only able to finally complete it on December 31st! Talk about cutting it fine!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

A fun game that my son enjoyed playing with me. There are heaps of characters available (which is great). The game is not difficult. It is a fair bit of a grind to unlock 100% of everything (which I did) but the grind is fairly relaxing if you are not rushing through it. I'm planning to complete LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 in 2019.

Factorio

An amazing game, although it's not for everyone. I completed 2 play throughs and I'm itching to start another new run through in 2019.

Mega Man X3

A great platform game that still holds up well today. My son loves to watch me play it (especially the bosses). It all seems quite fair up until the last boss, who is really difficult until you take the time to learn all of his patterns and how to avoid taking any damage from any of them. I played it on SNES but it's also available on some modern consoles in the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2.

Pokémon GO

In October 2018 year I completed my Generation I Pokédex (including regionals), and completed my Generation II and III Pokédex minus a couple of regionals. At the time there were no Generation IV Pokémon available in the game and I considered myself to have 'completed' it (as much as you can complete a worldwide location based MMO on your phone).

I'm still playing and working on the new Generation IV Pokémon, but I wanted to include it here as at the time I felt I had completed the game. As I'm at 11 total games completed and haven't included any hours for this game, it does not change the micro badge I would receive.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

Having played Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Red and Blue growing up (but not any of the later GBC / GBA / (3DS games) this game on the Switch was heaps of fun to play. I thought I would hate random battles being replaced by simply throwing a Pokéball but it actually felt fine and made it less of a grind to level up your team or to move from place to place.

My only complaint is that there is not much to do in the end game (and what is there is a massive grind with very little reward). I still had heaps of fun playing the game though.

Super Mario Galaxy

Another game my son really enjoyed watching me play. It's also a very good game and one of the best on the Wii. We only played to a few stars beyond the final boss as my son seems to lose interest in most games after the final boss fight. I did collect all 120 stars back when the game was new.

Super Mario World

Still an amazing game and holds up really well today. I played through to (and defeated) the final boss but didn't get all of the secret exists as my son wasn't interested in me finding them once we had defeated the boss (are you seeing a pattern here?)

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Another excellent SNES platforming game (but very different to SMW). I remember being confused the first time I played SMW2: Yoshi's Island due to just how different it was from SMW, but quickly grew to love the game. This only has a few hours on it due to continuing a save game from 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats badges send
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Priyanshu Kumar
India
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ritch Lizarraga
Brazil
Campinas
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaten: 8 of 10 games from list. Hardcore challenge not completed.
Total beaten: 13 games
Total playing time: 432 h

https://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/234872/item/5859125#item5...

Guess I get all trophies except for the hardcore one. Happy with this challenge results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Ritch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Ritch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just post this here too then, just in case Jan has missed the geeklist entry:
https://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/234872/item/5878344#item5...
mb and mb completed on X-mas '18!

Gratz to all others!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
I'll just post this here too then, just in case Jan has missed the geeklist entry:

Gratz to all others!!
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:

Gratz to all others!!

Jan does not follow the geeklist at all, everyone who wants the badges, should post here

Also congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Delfino
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the 2018 microbadges:
17 games Beaten in 139,15 hours

I know... I used to play WAY more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Raymond and Dario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unfigson wrote:
Beaten: 8 of 10 games from list. Hardcore challenge not completed.
Total beaten: 13 games
Total playing time: 432 h

https://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/234872/item/5859125#item5...

Guess I get all trophies except for the hardcore one. Happy with this challenge results.

congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:

Gratz to all others!!

yep always post here, geeklist are to crazy to keep track off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seneca29 wrote:
For the 2018 microbadges:
17 games Beaten in 139,15 hours

I know... I used to play WAY more

badges send, did you do a hardcore list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandi Lea
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I haven’t logged on in a while, and I was wondering if it was too late to get a microbadge for 2018’s challenge?

I finished the year with 13 games completed in 168.5 hours! So good to finally get through some of my collection!

Congratulations everyone! Excited to see what y’all are up to for 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem here you go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.