Lure of the Temptress
Dragonsphere
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Tropico Reloaded
Hillsfar
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1992)
Baroque
Portal 2
007: Nightfire
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
475 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Video Game» Forums » VGG Related » VGG News

Subject: The 2018 Videogame Challenge! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
Just finished updating my list from 2017, so all am all kinds of pumped for 2018!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for an adivice - could I include a Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher in my challenge? It's just a DLC, but I expect it to take more than 30h for me to beat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
sure no problem, as a general rule. If it's in the database it can be considered as a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna be nice to do this again. My list this year I hope will be easier to do then last year. Even thou I seems never to pick short games, exept for Journey. Played some hours of the new Zelda on Wii U.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Raymond
United States
Rising Sun
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to throw my hat into the ring. I didn't play much last year besides Hearthstone, so having this list will help keep me focused.

Good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Booker
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back for another year. I finally went back and cleaned up my 2017 and added an item to the 2018 geeklist. It's looking pretty daunting right now. The purchases last year definitely outweighed the completed plays. And I can only imagine there will be a boatload of new titles this year.

*sigh* I need more game time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Schaefer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for the first time. Just added the geeklist item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put my placeholder in at the start of the month, finally locked down my hardcore list today.

Still chipping away at Skyrim for now, so who knows how long that's going to take! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you participate in this kind of challenge, you also need to take care to take notes on how many hours you have actually played a game(s)?

You got to have some kind of proof to show you have actually played those kind of games, don´t you? Or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
So if you participate in this kind of challenge, you also need to take care to take notes on how many hours you have actually played a game(s)?

You got to have some kind of proof to show you have actually played those kind of games, don´t you? Or something?

Not to speak for Jan...

I don't take notes. It's nice on games with timers or on Steam since the game keep tracks of hours for me. Otherwise I estimate.

No proof necessary. As far as I can tell your word is good here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
howlongtobeat.com is pretty good for an estimate. I seem to take longer than average, though, so I've been using at timer on my phone for games I play that don't tell you how long you've been playing whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, assuming when this is called the Videogamegeek, this is as in Videogames only, which mean PC games is out.
Meaning when thinking about videogames it is mainly Console games one thinks about. Well, that is at least my way of getting it.

And well, thinking about how many games that needs to be played through and properly finished, then that is quite a bunch to say the least.

But not sure yet if going to participate in this since am not understanding it completely yet. But guess it comes in, with time, slowly.

EDIT: Yep, getting older and older. Getting slower too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
Well, assuming when this is called the Videogamegeek, this is as in Videogames only, which mean PC games is out.
Meaning when thinking about videogames it is mainly Console games one thinks about. Well, that is at least my way of getting it.

And well, thinking about how many games that needs to be played through and properly finished, then that is quite a bunch to say the least.

But not sure yet if going to participate in this since am not understanding it completely yet. But guess it comes in, with time, slowly.

PC games are video games .

You can play on whatever platform/system you like: your PC, console, phone, tablet.. or your fridge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mb
Rox4Games wrote:

Video game:
(noun) A game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a monitor or other display.
...euhm. Nope. Nothing about excluding PC there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviser wrote:
Rox4Games wrote:

You can play on whatever platform/system you like: your PC, console, phone, tablet.. or your fridge

Wow, someone has a fridge that plays Skyrim? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
Wow, someone has a fridge that plays Skyrim? lol

No, it is clearly photoshopped. This is one the standard Skyrim screenshots that is often used to promote the game.

That said, modern machines often have such a powerful chip inside that you can play games on them if you really want. But I doubt that they have a GPU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope all games can be used we don't exclude videogames.

We use the honor system here so we will believe you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, gonna treat Video Games as Console games and then treat PC games as another kind of category then. Or quite simply PC games as a game you play on your Stationary/Laptop PC, the kind of games you usually do not get on Consoles thing, and is running under an operation system usually called Windows thing. Lol.

Just managed to fill in more then 100+ games on my Collection and FAR from done yet. And then also even imagine to begin filling in all the PC Games as well? No way am gonna do that. WAY too much.

Now gotta think about how to pull off the challenge and how best to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmb
Deviser wrote:
Rox4Games wrote:

And if you play five hours on your fridge, I am it would count for the 51 platofrms... Let's hurry up and add Refrigerator as a platform on VGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
Well, gonna treat Video Games as Console games and then treat PC games as another kind of category then. Or quite simply PC games as a game you play on your Stationary/Laptop PC, the kind of games you usually do not get on Consoles thing, and is running under an operation system usually called Windows thing. Lol.

Really? How interesting. Are you being deliberately exclusionary? You seem to be denying a wide variety of platforms that games are available on, such as the Linux and BSD operating systems, as well as tablet devices, not to mention software interpreters and web browsers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a funny position to take. I mean the vast majority of titles on PC/PS4/Xbone are completely identical to each other. Each has one or two exclusive titles of course but that is the only difference.

Now Nintendo on the other hand still makes honest to goodness games that are unique to their platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Rox4Games wrote:

Really? How interesting. Are you being deliberately exclusionary? You seem to be denying a wide variety of platforms that games are available on, such as the Linux and BSD operating systems, as well as tablet devices, not to mention software interpreters and web browsers.

No, not denying Linux and such, but usually the one most commonly used is as we all know, Windows, and different versions/devices of Windows.
Also many Tablets and such is actually running some kind/form of Windows, you didn´t even know was/is based on Windows.

Also PC games are yes, as you say, Video Games. But when you mainly saying, talking and thinking specifically about Video Games in general as in VIDEO Games, you are often not thinking mainly about PC games as such. Ppl in general is first and foremost thinking and referring to then about Games on Consoles. The very first thing that pops up in mind then is the Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS/3DS, Nintendo Wii/U, Playstation 3-4, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, Megadrive etc, etc.
So, when thinking about Video games it is very natural to think VIDEO GAMES = GAMES ON CONSOLES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, ok. My list is "sort" of made. It´s certainly on the list at least. Now to only figure out how it all supposed to work. And which games to actually add. And if you do so feel the urge to do, don´t hesitate to actually write me a mail where you explain step by step feed me with a spoon detail guide. Since it all is a bit & slightly confusing it all still is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mb
Rox4Games wrote:
Also PC games are yes, as you say, Video Games. But when you mainly saying, talking and thinking specifically about Video Games in general as in VIDEO Games, you are often not thinking mainly about PC games as such. Ppl in general is first and foremost thinking and referring to then about Games on Consoles. The very first thing that pops up in [whose?] mind then is the Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS/3DS, Nintendo Wii/U, Playstation 3-4, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, Megadrive etc, etc.
So, when thinking about Video games it is very natural to think VIDEO GAMES = GAMES ON CONSOLES.
To each his own, but... You keep saying "you" and "people in general" where, I think, you mean yourself and people around you. I can assure you, you don't mean me and not the people close around me.

(Italics in quote by me, for clearity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, when I think of video games, I don't really think of any platform in particular (just the medium), and I find it's much easier to play on PC because I'm usually on it anyway. So if I was thinking of a platform, it actually would be PC whistle

Also, the only phones running some version of Windows are Windows phones, which are far less popular than phones running iOS or Android. Android is based on Linux kernel, iOS was developed exclusively for Apple devices; neither is based on Windows.

But it's your list, so do as you please with it
What parts are confusing you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.