12 Posts

Video Game» Forums » Video Game Related » Multiplayer

Subject: Survival Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone play survival type games on here such as The Forest, Rust, Conan, the Raft etc? I recently found this genre of games but find most of them are multiplayer. Unfortunately I don't have friends.....who play video games so I thought maybe I could find some good folks here to play with.

I don't do VGG much but most people are pretty decent on BGG so I figured this might be a better place to ask then just jumping in a open server on some other game. Those communities tend to be toxic.

I am looking for mature adults to play with. I don't mind goofing around or bad language but keep it reasonable.

So if anyone else is interested let's form a group. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris.

Survival games are probably my favorite genre at the moment. I'm currently playing 7 Days to Die on and off, although the game is in Early Access and going through some rather significant changes. Still, it's a lot of fun.

ARK: Survival Evolved is the most played game in my Steam list at the moment, and another game I keep coming back to. It's very polished, immersive, and has one of the better implementations of crafting I've seen in a game. Plus dinosaurs. We had a crew on VGG playing Ark for awhile, but have since moved on to other things. One of our regulars Amy is an admin for a few Ark servers, and would definitely be able to point you in the direction of some good communities. If you haven't yet checked out Ark, give it a look - I think it is one of the best survival games out there currently.

I've also spent time in The Forest (which didn't grab me as much as other survival games), Subnautica (really unique in that the game takes place largely underwater), Rust (another great game, but not my cup of tea) and Subsistence (a more barebones, slower, and difficult survival game).

I'm not on Steam as much as I'd like to be as life tends to get in the way of gaming, but feel free to add me on Steam - my tag is Icefire1424.

Welcome to VGG! If you're up for a chat, we usually all hang out in the Arcade - look for the "Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything" forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I have 7 Days to Die, Ark and The Forest but never played them much. Again, because they seemed to be geared towards multiplayer and I just never got into that. I also played subnautica but need to get back to it just the ocean aspect turns me off. I wish someone would make subnautica on land (ie good single player survival game with a story).

My user name is galad2003 so people may feel free to add me.
http://s.team/p/dtm-tqhb/MPJDPQWG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
one VGGer admins an ARK server. I was probably going to join her soon since I just about finished playing Aberration with some friends who don't seem to want to play a different map.

See details here:
Grumpy's Gaming - AKA FroggyMan Gaming

And I know Blammo was running a Conan Exiles server a few weeks ago. Not sure if he still is. I played for a bit but then got distracted by travel and ARK. You can geekmail him to ask.

Jay Peters
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
one VGGer admins an ARK server. I was probably going to join her soon since I just about finished playing Aberration with some friends who don't seem to want to play a different map.

See details here:
Grumpy's Gaming - AKA FroggyMan Gaming

And I know Blammo was running a Conan Exiles server a few weeks ago. Not sure if he still is. I played for a bit but then got distracted by travel and ARK. You can geekmail him to ask.

Jay Peters
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb

Ah, yup...Amy is the Admin for Grumpys. I see you two have already met
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Grumpy's Gaming focuses on providing a friendly, welcoming, non-toxic environment for gaming. The games we run are almost primarily survival games. We have four Ark:Survival Evolved series right now with seven servers total. I'm just setting up a new Cardlife (not in database) server since it went into early access on Steam today. We've also run servers for
Conan Exiles, Dark and Light (2017), PixARK, Rust, The Isle, 7 Days to Die, and others. We are always looking for new games to try.

We definitely will have a Fallout 76 server in November!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and couple of my friends have been playing a little of 7 Days to Die, we just started. We will keep playing it, but a bit sporadically. We're all in Europe though, so if you're in the US, that might make it difficult to jump in with us, since we play mostly during the weekdays and because of the time difference, when Us based folks are at work.

If you want to play with us, feel free to shoot me a geekmail to work out the details
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of "7 Days to Die", solo. It's a great game, and the free mods turn a great game into a splendid one. If you get the mod launcher from the devs forums you'll be awazed at what been done. Some are minor changes, others are major changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
I play a lot of "7 Days to Die", solo. It's a great game, and the free mods turn a great game into a splendid one. If you get the mod launcher from the devs forums you'll be awazed at what been done. Some are minor changes, others are major changes.

I jumped back into that a bit this weekend, started over from a game where I was around day 48. That game is addicting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonna, you can always play survival games in our community. We have a good population of European players. Our servers are located in eastern Canada which is apparently the best place for an international server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Renwmn wrote:
Jonna, you can always play survival games in our community. We have a good population of European players. Our servers are located in eastern Canada which is apparently the best place for an international server.

Thanks Amy, once I will finally get over playing too much Overwatch, I might look into this more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.