Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the fifth and final pillar than can be received. When I thought of this in my first admin year I thought a row of 5 mb pillars under your avatar would be cool. So it runs out I have been an admin for that long yes...

To earn this years pillar I'm introducing: The four seasons of VGG

Every season a goal will be set surrounding a important thing for VGG. If you conclude this you will get a special microbadge linked to that season. If you want a sneak peak, the design process is happening right now and there are already two possible sets made.

Collect all four and you will receive the microbadge at the end of the year.

The winter of VGG (januari - march 2019) submit 30 new games into the VGG database.
The spring of VGG (april - juni 2019) will be about submitting content.
The summer of VGG (juli - september 2019) will be about having fun.
The autumn of VGG (october - december 2019) will be about playing videogames.

Good luck and up to another great year on VGG!

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Winter of VGG

As always we are looking to expand our database. New games are made around the clock and we want them in our database. As it is winter, it's cold and dark early (well at least in this part of the world). So it's time for some data work.

Submit at least 30 games over the next months into the database. Make a geeklist for this and post a link if you have completed it here in this thread.

30 games can be done in one go or 10 a month, it's up to you to choose how to do it.

Last day of entry will be 31st of march.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spring of VGG

In the spring part I want you all to build up some more content.

Everyone need to start up 5 threads or geeklists that at least gets one comment and 5 likes. These can be on all parts of VGG, they can be everything you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Summer of VGG

It's summer, summer should be fun. So I want everyone to think of a fun thing to start with on the geek. This can be a challenge, a contest, a game, ... bring (even more fun) to VGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Autumn of VGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
very manly muppet
badge
muppet of a man
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you now reveal what the secret requirements were for the 2018 badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was actually very easy. Throughout the year I have started up different topics in the Arcade. Everyone replying to one of these received the mb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
It was actually very easy. Throughout the year I have started up different topics in the Arcade. Everyone replying to one of these received the mb.

That subscritption to Jan really paid dividends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The winter of VGG (januari - march 2019) submit 45 new games into the VGG database.
Do you have a specific place you want us to log it?

And... before new year (30th) I added two games to the queue - and they got approved today around 1530 your time zone. Do they count as 2018 when I added them - or 2019 when they got approved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to this microbadge mb, only 10 people managed to submit 52 or more games in an entire year. At the next tier, only 6 people submitted an average of 3 games per week. 45 games in 3 months is equivalent to one game every other day, which only 4 people managed to achieve in 2014. That goal for these next few months may be too ambitious for most VGGers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
For additional comparative information:

At least 10 people submitted 50 games in the VGG Final Push. mb

That began December 12 2011 and ended sometime probably before January 24 2012.

At least 12 people submitted 31 games in March of 2016. mb

I say at least as people can and do delete their badges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
At least 12 people submitted 31 games in March of 2016. mb

I say at least ten as people can and do delete their badges.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this event! (And people deleting badges.)

An average of 24 people per year have received the last 4 Pillars (not counting any who have deleted their Pillar badges). So all of these stats from past events amount to less than half the average getting the 5th Pillar for this year.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. Just want to ensure its apparent and has been considered from the onset that the 2019 Pillar will be a more exclusive club than previous years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not weighing in pro or con. Just thought I would toss in some additional data points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering this myself. Well I'm going to lower this to 30, that is still 10 a month.

Make your own geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this may be the year I don't earn the pillar.. I just can't manage to submit that many new games (even at the reduced total of 30)... that's ok though.. I feel like I have too much going on in life to be a pillar of the community here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
I think this may be the year I don't earn the pillar.. I just can't manage to submit that many new games (even at the reduced total of 30)... that's ok though.. I feel like I have too much going on in life to be a pillar of the community here.

I may end up having to choose between Pillar and 2019 HC challenge.

Or if I'm proactive, reduce the difficulty/length of games in my list.

What I might do is throw the Tell Tale Walking Dead games on my HC challenge list. I can knock off my HC challenge list more easily, help out on the top 301-400 games, then jump into the Pillar challenge and then after that if there is time work on games I actually want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like there is a pretty healthy number of people already adding games to the database. My standby sources for adding games are dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Utting
Australia
Preston
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The Winter of VGG
Submit at least 30 games over the next months into the database. Make a geeklist for this and post a link if you have completed it here in this thread.

OK yep, did it yesterday and all got approved my overnight (thanks Forbidding!)

GeekList: Urbaer's Winter VGG Pillar of the Community thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
urbaer wrote:

I noticed some of the titles I was looking at that you entered in the pending queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'cause we know what we feel...
badge
My sticky paws were into making straws out of big fat slurpy treats - incredible eight-foot heap / Now the funny glare to pay a gleaming tare in a staring under heat involved an under usual feat
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The winter of VGG (januari - march 2019) submit 30 new games into the VGG database.

Does gaining 30 "points" in the HoF count (e.g., game versions, etc)? Or does it have to be 30 new VGG entries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mb
urbaer wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The Winter of VGG

That was fast! Well done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

Does gaining 30 "points" in the HoF count (e.g., game versions, etc)? Or does it have to be 30 new VGG entries?

That would be quite a discount.

26 games is worth at minimum 30 points, and that is if only one version was entered. 26 games could be a lot higher if the person enters all the platforms the game is available on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:

I want to buy the VGG Pebble of the Community badge. "always present, only occasionally kicked around."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mb
I feel sorry for poor forbidding... but I am done: VGG Pillar 2019: Winter for CrazyCatman.
So far with 45 48 games added (+ one pending, but added it to my list because it was in the same series as some other I had added).
Two were in the queue already in 2018 but was first approved in 2019 - so minus those two it's still at 46 - and I am still not done yet whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what my end total will be but I think I'm on track. Ten pages into the 59 pages of my collection on the steamdb calculator, I've got 14 items logged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.