Tales of Graces
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Video Game» Forums » Video Game Related » General Video Gaming

Subject: VGG QotD, 5 January 2019: What do you want to do LESS of this year? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Are there any gaming habits you'd like to be done with?

Raging at games. Raging, ragequitting, generally getting so worked up about winning, and taking losses against the CPU quite so badly. It's just a game! ...Right?

Patrick Carroll wrote:
Detours you've taken and regretted?

That Rock Band 2 playthrough I tried to do last year. I'm still convinced it makes me look like a f**king idiot. Since the tail end of last year I have thought about restarting the whole story from scratch, making it better, maybe even finishing it and gaining closure. But I have my doubts I can pull it off, and if I don't like the game, well, what's the point?

Patrick Carroll wrote:
Time sinks you're determined to get free of?

Super Mario Odyssey? Although saying that I'm "determined to get free of" it sounds a bit harsh, somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xethair wrote:
Less Warframe is pretty much a given, I'd say.

Friends don't let friends play Warframe.

I KEED! I KEED!
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less grinding. And I'm too much a completist, playing came too slow. Have just begun playing Middle-earth: Shadow of War and it is a freedom for me that most of the xp in the game comes from missions and "bossbattles".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Most of my resolutions for this year are what I want to do MORE of, instead of less...

I was thinking of doing a follow-up QotD asking what people what to do MORE of. But I think those who wanted to already answered that in this thread.

Two sides of the same coin: we do less of one thing so we can do more of another.

It's not quite the same though. Hence why I don't create lists for what I want to do less of, but do create lists for what I want to do more of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"And you won't know a thing till you get inside." (Mystery lyrics; name that song.)
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Patrick Carroll wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Most of my resolutions for this year are what I want to do MORE of, instead of less...

I was thinking of doing a follow-up QotD asking what people what to do MORE of. But I think those who wanted to already answered that in this thread.

Two sides of the same coin: we do less of one thing so we can do more of another.

It's not quite the same though. Hence why I don't create lists for what I want to do less of, but do create lists for what I want to do more of.

So, what do you want to do MORE of this year? (Feel free to use this thread for that, despite the subject line.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
So, what do you want to do MORE of this year? (Feel free to use this thread for that, despite the subject line.)

Mostly, make more video games. More text adventures using Inform7, more video games using the C++ I learned last year... and then get those games out there.

I want to finish the current book I'm writing and self-publish it.

I want to go through all the board games and RPGs and video games I've made and improve them, then get those up on various sites.

Lots of creative pursuits - to make up for my job not being creative at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:

I want to go through all the board games and RPGs and video games I've made and improve them, then get those up on various sites.

I noticed indiegala.com has a new Developer Showcase section to upload your own projects, and download others.

https://www.indiegala.com/showcase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Really just more of the same good progress I've been making. I don't really make resolutions and think they are kinda silly. Instead, I use the new year to reflect on progress made and assess goals.

More finishing games I started - Last year I made quite a dent in games that I had previously made a lot of progress in, but got distracted from and didn't finish. This year I can possibly reduce the number of these down to the single digits (jeez this is starting to sound like a hardcore magic number challenge laugh).

Probably more streaming also.

There isn't a whole lot I want to do less of except of buying more games (while last year was kinda an exception, I still bought only 8 video games, which is more than usual lately) and spending too much idle time online instead of playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.