Yoshi's Island DS
Fallout (1997)
Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia
Mortal Kombat (1992)
Pit-Fighter
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Console/PC)
Star Control II
Marvel Trading Card Game
Super Smash Bros. Melee
SimAnt
SimIsle
RoboSport
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!
Alien Syndrome (1987)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Titanic Adventure Out Of Time
Clue
Langrisser II
Lost Secret of the Rainforest
Rock Band 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Swords & Soldiers
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Video Game» Forums » VGG Related » VGG Bugs

Subject: Can't add a pending company to an existing game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had added a company to the database, but didn't add a game as I wanted to minimizing the corrections needed to add the company to both the game entry and the game version (the game entry should be updated automatically) - but once I had it created and wanted to correct the game it couldn't find it.

I had other companies pending, so I sniffed for which ID the company I created had since, as it have no linked items it does not show up as Pending in the queue visible for me (but with some URL engineering it is possible to find it). I tried to add it in the game entry by ID number but also not possible.

I later get a mail about adding it to an existing game variant, and tried this out (again), with the same result:

CrazyCatman wrote:
I already had tried to add it after creating the company, but it doesn't show up:
[/imageid]
I have also tried adding it with the company ID (41161) with the same result, and I can't edit the publisher as I get the Error: Only the original submitter can revise a submission. (which should be me as well - but since it is not connected to an item it also do not show up on my Contributions as a pending item).

But I found a game from the publisher that is not in the database so I will add that game with the publisher, then I should be able to attach it to the other one as well after it is put in the queue.

Forbidding wrote:
Regarding your submission of:

Name: Poysky Productions

Note: Hello,
People or company submissions must be linked to at least one database entry before we can approve them. Please submit a game and then link this company or person to the game entry. Pending items can be linked; they do not need to have been approved first.

If the game is still pending, you can link it yourself. Go to the pending games list below, find your entry, and click the "revise" link.

Pending Board Games
Pending RPG Items
Pending Video Games

If the game is already in the database, you can submit a new version:

1.) Click the "Versions" tab on a game page.
2.) Click the blue "Add" button.

Or edit an existing version:

1.) Click the "Versions" tab on a game page.
2.) Select the version you want to edit.
3.) On the right hand side of the version page you will see a link labeled "Correction". Use this to submit a correction to that specific version.

If you need further help or visual aids see: How to Create New Release Versions

If you have trouble linking, try waiting 30+ min for the system to recognize the new submission and then try again, or submit a correction to the game submission and leave an admin note with the name of the company and/or people that should be linked.

Note #1: Pending items can be linked. They do not need to have been approved first.

Note #2: Different admins handle the game, version and company/people queues. These items are not approved simultaneously.

Note #3: Company and person entries will not appear on a game page UNTIL they have been approved.

Thank You,

I have now added a new game from the same publisher; and can add the publisher when creating the new game - but I could still not add it to the exiting game version.
I can however revise the publisher and have added the game (not the version) that way.

Seems like a bug to me (and also according to forbidding), as apparently it should be possible to add a pending game to an existing game also.

No admin work for adding the game in this case is needed as I have it added now - but in case a company only have one game, this can be a locked issue it seems to me.

I hope it can be fixed. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you can link games to companies via the new company page as well. Would it be possible to do it that way?

Bit of a side explanation but I think I had to do something similar with the Flashout series - created the series, created Flashout 2 and linked it to the series, then went back and revised the series to add Flashout 3D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hodkinson
Canada
Owen Sound
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
兵者,詭道也。
badge
mb
I see what you mean but when I view the page, I see something else

I tried making up a company and adding it to Regions of Ruin and it also appeared as pending right away. This may be an isolated case.

Forbidding will know more about this than me however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewhodkinson wrote:
I see what you mean but when I view the page, I see something else

I tried making up a company and adding it to Regions of Ruin and it also appeared as pending right away. This may be an isolated case.

Forbidding will know more about this than me however.
That is because I added it yesterday after adding their coming game - but if I add a company name that have made/published only one game - which already is in the database under (Unknown) or (Self-*ed) and I forget to add the game while creating the company, I can not add the company to the already game, neither by name or ID-number. And since it is not yet connected I can not edit the company entry either.

In the case from yesterday I managed to find another game in the company pipeline and added that one to the database, where I can then add the company. This gave the company a classification as "Publisher", and thereby I could edit it to add the game under that company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.