Operation Wolf
Flight Commander 2
Bubsy 3D: Furbitten Planet
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can erase your memories with one game and experience it all again. What game do you choose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subnautica

Super easy decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Subnautica

Super easy decision

I plan to check out Subnautica at some point this year. I've heard a few people say they'd also like to experience it for the first time again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Island 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes are back.
badge
A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry we don’t serve food here."
mbmbmbmbmb
Wing Commander (1990)

But I think my memory is already fuzzy on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychonauts. The process of discovering both amazing level design and humor was a drip-feed of delight, and experiencing it for the first time was wonderful.

Cautiously eager for Psychonauts 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Something long, boring and grindy but I nevertheless enjoyed. Final Fantasy X maybe. I enjoyed it a lot but man I don't want to grind through it again. So this.

Most games I love I'd happily play again even knowing what will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
Wing Commander (1990)

But I think my memory is already fuzzy on it.
After only 29 years? Senility is setting in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
For nostalgia: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

A bit more realistic: Deiland

But my video gaming track record isn`t really large...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Legend of Kyrandia, Book Two: The Hand of Fate - I've played it so many times I have it entirely memorized. But oh, to experience it again for the first time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Dyke
England
London, England.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

What a great game this was, and of course... #PlotTwist

Mass Effect (Core Series) - truly a great trilogy.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - first delve into the series, and it was brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Leemundo wrote:

I believe this would be my choice as well. However, given that it's unlikely I'd play a 15-year old game right now, if we're talking about just erasing my memory and not actually going back in time to play it then-and-there, my choice would probably be BATTLETECH, to erase my negative first experience with it and play it now that it's patched up a bit and hopefully balanced better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too hard to choose - either Bioshock or Planescape: Torment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Psychonauts. The process of discovering both amazing level design and humor was a drip-feed of delight, and experiencing it for the first time was wonderful.

Cautiously eager for Psychonauts 2.

I'm happy I backed it on FIG several years back. No clue when the sequel is due though, even though I backed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It starts like hello and ends like goodbye...
badge
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this once before and my answer is the same: Fallout New Vegas, the original BioShock and Borderlands 2. New Vegas's lived in feel and incredible selection of licensed music on the Pip-Boy radio stations made me lose myself in that world completely with an hour and I didn't surface for air for another 150. BioShock's Rapture also felt lived in, but also felt like its own living, breathing entity and I'll never forget the constant awe I found myself in with every turn of a corner and story discovery. Borderlands 2 will always amaze me because I don't think I've ever seen the sort of vast improvement that occurred between the first and second entries in any other series. I found myself perpetually blown away but just how much they'd improved everything, especially the story, and I don't think I'll have another experience close to getting to know the demented, delusional Handsome Jack, the game's main antagonist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a risky proposition. What if the game I replayed didn't give the current me the same experience that it did in the past?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Seems like a risky proposition. What if the game I replayed didn't give the current me the same experience that it did in the past?

I think if this were some kind of genie wish, that would be the least of the unforeseen consequences of this kind of wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from a puzzle game in which I'd want to blank out to be able to redo the puzzles, I can't think of why I'd want to do that. And I can't think of any puzzle games I've played that I'd want to do that with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
frumpish wrote:

I think if this were some kind of genie wish, that would be the least of the unforeseen consequences of this kind of wish.

You also forget all the conversations you had about that game with your friends, and thereby lose all sense of connection with said friends, slowly becoming more alienated until you retreat into your house full time, only posting on the Internet occasionally to make bad puns or write lengthy diatribes that are half joke and half mad fugue state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
paralipsis wrote:
frumpish wrote:

You also forget all the conversations you had about that game with your friends, and thereby lose all sense of connection with said friends, slowly becoming more alienated until you retreat into your house full time, only posting on the Internet occasionally to make bad puns or write lengthy diatribes that are half joke and half mad fugue state.

Oh no! It's already happened to me! What game did I erase from my mind to do this!? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

It won't matter, because you won't have any basis of reference to compare it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I would probably pick Dragon Age: Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the wolf among us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I couldn't reverse time, and put myself back into the situation where I could play World of Warcraft again, I'd just say Inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McClain
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
http://www.twitch.tv/cruxcapacitor
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand, Final Fantasy VI was the first game that made me realize I could love video games, and it spawned a lifelong obsession. Maybe some other game would have done that sooner or later, but it was Final Fantasy VI (III back then) that actually did it and I still love the game.

On the other hand, EarthBound is still the most charming game I've ever played. The amount of surprises in the game and clever dialogue and artistic choices are near constant, but after all these years and replays the sense of discovery is gone.

There's also Panzer Dragoon Saga, which blew me away at a time when my expectations were already sky high. It's maybe the last game to have really done so.

I can't choose.

It's now a rule of mine that I will wait at least a decade or more before replaying a favorite game, to ensure my memory is as faded as possible. Luckily there's plenty of things to play in the mean time (and consequently games to add to the waiting list).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.