Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are now pitted against one of your favorite video game characters. This can be any character you like -- protagonist, antagonist, or otherwise. It can be any scenario you like as well. How do you defeat them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
With a nuke bomb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me vs. Masterchief: I fall on the ground, curl up in ball and proceed with sobs of fear and regret. He feels terribly guilty over making a human behave in such a way, rethinks his path in life, and throws away his MA5 series assault rifle. In a moment of clarity not normally allowed in a FPS, he realizes that he was trained to defend humans from covvies, not create fear in humans. He realizes that he has become as horrible as the covvies he fights. Out of his Spartan armor produces a package of microwave popcorn and opens a compartment in his armor (who knew they put microwaves in Spartan armor!) and makes a nice buttery bag of fluffy goodness.
He coaxes me out of my tearful fetal state with the sweet lure of popcorn and we sit down and watch Netflix (yah, it still exists in the Haloverse!) and I talk to him about his overtly aggressive tendencies. I explain to him that shooting stuff doesn't always solve everything. Sometimes you just need popcorn.
He has a moment of clarity and declares that, henceforth, he will eschew violence and rely on popcorn. And then the Masterchief and I watch the Dragon Prince Season 2 on Netflix together. He gets a little too cozy during the funny bits so I have to explain to him boundaries. Chagrinned he he moves slightly away and dwells on this because the emotion is new to him. But he comes around, learns to respect personal space. He says that, once again, henceforth (the Masterchief is a big fan of "henceforth". This I did not not know but I'm not going to judge. I wasn't kidnapped as a child, replaced by a dead clone, and trained by Dr. Halsey to be the ultimate fighting machine) he will respect personal space, avoid shooting stuff, except the stuff that really needs to be shot, and enjoy popcorn more. And then we continue watching Netflix. He laughs at times (maintaining appropriate distance because of personal space) and punches me in the shoulder a few times while laughing. It really hurts. A Spartan II can hit really hard. But I let it go, with my broken arm and all. Because we're making progress.
I ask John-117 if we should make s'mores. He is puzzled. He has never had s'mores before. I tell him the ingredients and he begins jumping up and down in delight. Yes! Of course he wants s'mores!
At that point I know I have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Me vs. Masterchief: I fall on the ground, curl up in ball and proceed with sobs of fear and regret. He feels terribly guilty over making a human behave in such a way, rethinks his path in life, and throws away his MA5 series assault rifle. In a moment of clarity not normally allowed in a FPS, he realizes that he was trained to defend humans from covvies, not create fear in humans. He realizes that he has become as horrible as the covvies he fights. Out of his Spartan armor produces a package of microwave popcorn and opens a compartment in his armor (who knew they put microwaves in Spartan armor!) and makes a nice buttery bag of fluffy goodness.
He coaxes me out of my tearful fetal state with the sweet lure of popcorn and we sit down and watch Netflix (yah, it still exists in the Haloverse!) and I talk to him about his overtly aggressive tendencies. I explain to him that shooting stuff doesn't always solve everything. Sometimes you just need popcorn.
He has a moment of clarity and declares that, henceforth, he will eschew violence and rely on popcorn. And then the Masterchief and I watch the Dragon Prince Season 2 on Netflix together. He gets a little too cozy during the funny bits so I have to explain to him boundaries. Chagrinned he he moves slightly away and dwells on this because the emotion is new to him. But he comes around, learns to respect personal space. He says that, once again, henceforth (the Masterchief is a big fan of "henceforth". This I did not not know but I'm not going to judge. I wasn't kidnapped as a child, replaced by a dead clone, and trained by Dr. Halsey to be the ultimate fighting machine) he will respect personal space, avoid shooting stuff, except the stuff that really needs to be shot, and enjoy popcorn more. And then we continue watching Netflix. He laughs at times (maintaining appropriate distance because of personal space) and punches me in the shoulder a few times while laughing. It really hurts. A Spartan II can hit really hard. But I let it go, with my broken arm and all. Because we're making progress.
I ask John-117 if we should make s'mores. He is puzzled. He has never had s'mores before. I tell him the ingredients and he begins jumping up and down in delight. Yes! Of course he wants s'mores!
At that point I know I have won.

Now that's an answer! haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me vs. Solid Snake

Easy.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
nanomachines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
ghostpants wrote:
Me vs. Solid Snake

Easy.

nanomachines

oh it's easier than that:
crab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dragonborn from Skyrim:

Just come up with a series of lengthy fetch-quests to give him and don't give out very much money as a reward. Being a quest-giver will make me an essential NPC to him, which means I'll be unkillable. Not sure how to actually defeat him, but at least he'll leave me alone once he gets bored of doing pointless radiant-style quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mega Man:

I'll wait in my room like a patient robot master, but in the hallway between the two doors to the room, I'll lower the floor and place spikes along it, so Mega Man would fall onto spikes immediatley after going through the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Dyke
England
London, England.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
The Dragonborn from Skyrim:

Just come up with a series of lengthy fetch-quests to give him and don't give out very much money as a reward. Being a quest-giver will make me an essential NPC to him, which means I'll be unkillable. Not sure how to actually defeat him, but at least he'll leave me alone once he gets bored of doing pointless radiant-style quests.

... Maybe an arrow to the knee? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrift Thopter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Some people call this junk. Me, I call them treasures.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd surround Steve, from Minecraft and his respawn point with ball bearings or other balls made out of a durable material. Having never encountered anything round before, he'll slip and fall whenever he tries to get away. The existence of perfect spheres might even drive him insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
Face McShooty.

Shoot him. In the face. I don't have a gun. I think a straw and spitball would probably do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
I slightly push his tank and BAM! Dead!

Bob the Killer Goldfish is all but resilient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameshark...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.