Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd much rather a video game be based in the world of a book series, than faithfully follow the book itself. Much like how Angband is set in the Tolkien's Middle Earth, but does not follow the books at all, while including cameos of certain characters.

Which means I'd love a game set in the Jackelian World of Stephen Hunt. Floating islands, fire seas, weird magic, steampunk tech - it's Earth in the far future after the continents have shifted again (and an apocalypse happened which caused magic to become real). It has epic named weapons, all kinds of unique locations, dastardly cults, crazy government conspiracies. It would make a great world to play in (and indeed, I've used the setting for a homebrew RPG I created).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I'd much rather a video game be based in the world of a book series, than faithfully follow the book itself. Much like how Angband is set in the Tolkien's Middle Earth, but does not follow the books at all, while including cameos of certain characters.

Which means I'd love a game set in the Jackelian World of Stephen Hunt. Floating islands, fire seas, weird magic, steampunk tech...

...kings with no arms...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes are back.
badge
I used to have a job at a calendar factory but I got the sack because I took a couple of days off.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
A large, detailed RPG type game set in Terry Pratchett's Discworld could be fun.

Any of the novel threads would work. I'd really been keen on a detective Noir style game centered on Sam Vimes or the night watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Which means I'd love a game set in the Jackelian World of Stephen Hunt. Floating islands, fire seas, weird magic, steampunk tech...

...kings with no arms...

So I'm not the only one who read them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Aarontu wrote:
Zimeon wrote:
I'd pay hard cash to play a Breath of the Wild-typed game based on the Lone Wolf series.
Oh, yeah, a game set in Magnamund could be awesome. Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is OK, but it tries a bit too hard to mimic a gamebook, I think.

My thought is that it doesn't. Instead, it ultra-focused on some sort of tactical combat, which I found both frustrating and boring. I never finished the game. Combat in Lone Wolf should be a simple thing, and the focus should never be on that.

Yeah, the game was a bit too combat-centric to really capture the feel of the Lone Wolf books. Even the non-combat kai disciplines were given combat effects in the game.

I like the setting, and I would have liked to see an RPG that didn't just try to emulate another gamebook. But maybe that's the part of me that also doesn't like digital board games that try too hard to look like a board game instead of taking more advantage of the digital medium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Primer (2004)

If anyone manages to translate that into a game I have to try it.

You already did. coolwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.