Lure of the Temptress
Dragonsphere
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: Imperial Pursuit
Star Wars: X-Wing Tour of Duty: B-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Tropico Reloaded
Hillsfar
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (1992)
Baroque
Portal 2
007: Nightfire
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The impression I get from the picture from this Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Spirit Board event is that there will be a new Ice Climber game because of the two Condors (you only ever see one Condor at a time in Ice Climber). Plus this is the first time a Spirit Board Event has had a duplicate of a Spirit.

(Edit) I didn't have enough time to include this earlier because I had to go somewhere, but I've found other possible clues to a new Ice Climber game. Only the one above made me the most convinced, the ones below I was unsure they were hinting at that.

1. Vs. Ice Climber being one of three Arcade Archives games named in the September 2017 Nintendo Direct, and it wasn't available until about 1 1/2 years later.

2. Both at the Smash Ultimate presentation at E3 2018 and on the Smash Blog, Ice Climbers are described after Link and Mario, later Ice Climbers are revealed as characters on the box art.

3. In the main menu of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Ice Climbers are the only fighter to appear twice, unless you count Squirtle and Charizard as Pokemon Trainer and Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter as Mii Fighter. Also, the Ice Climbers are often seen depicted with Kirby characters (three times you see them with King Dedede and Inkling in the Classic Mode mural, the Classic Mode Team Battle Challenge picture, and the Ice Climbers victory picture with Kirby's face Photoshopped over a Nana's face. Could that be hinting at HAL Laboratory working on it, or Sakurai?

4. Imran Khan saying that there's a game thought to be dead that Nintendo is reviving, which was around the release of the Ice Climbers amiibo on February 15th and Arcade Archives ICE CLIMBER on February 22nd. (There was even an indie game that first became available in the Nintendo Switch eShop February 5th called Avenger Bird that has similarities to Ice Climber, a protagonist that looks like a Nitpicker, an antagonist who actually looks like a condor, 32 levels, even a level called "Ice Climber.")

5. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker just came out with DLC, a better co-op mode where the second player is a Purple Captain Toad (colored like Popo's parka) and purple gems (the same color as the eggplant). Toadette was already colored like Nana's parka, and then there is Wingo who is like the Condor.

Do you know of any games that have actually been hinted at like this from a video game company in trailers, artwork, or even in actual games? One that has been hinted at several times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently a new update in the Division 2 revealed the theme of the new Assassin's Creed game, which is supposed to come out in 2020 I think. It'll be viking themed.

There's a poster about the game inside a building within the Division 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TCG Kirby wrote:
The impression I get from the picture from this Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Spirit Board event is that there will be a new Ice Climber game because of the two Condors (you only ever see one Condor at a time in Ice Climber).

If true, then it's about high damn time cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Far Cry New Dawn has a large Splinter Cell Easter egg.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
One of the expeditions turns out to be the Paladin (transport jet headquarters for Fourth Escalon) and from it you can get Sam Fisher's Splinter Cell outfit to wear
May be a tease for a forth coming Splinter Cell game. More likely just UbiSoft tormenting folks like me who really want a new Splinter Cell game. They threw Sam Fisher in Wildlands previously with no new game following...
But I can dream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just thought of a couple others: the Smash Direct reveal of Simon Belmont hinted at Luigi's Mansion 3 with the new Poltergust. The February Nintendo Direct announcement of Smash 3.0 had the image that hinted of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an Arkham City Easter Egg in Arkham Asylum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at 11:20. On the giant Nintendo Switch stage, Ice Climbers and Joker are playing on it. That seems like a hint for a new Ice Climber game and Persona 5 coming to Nintendo Switch. Daisy and Lucario might be hinting towards Persona 3 and Persona 4 coming to Nintendo Switch because of the colors of the Mementos stage, but I'm not sure. I originally thought Lucario was Mr. Game & Watch. It was so hard to tell who it was because the clip was very quick.

There are also people who say the green witch stage is a hint to Banjo-Kazooie coming to Smash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shortly before Sega announced the PC port of Vanquish, a patch with no release notes was released for Bayonetta; data mining showed that said patch did noting except add an image of Vanquish's protagonist in Bayonetta's "extras" folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.