Subject: What are you watching? Arcade streaming/TV thread. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread for discussion of what users are watching.
Movies and film accepted as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching Pen15 with the wife. Sweet in early 2000s it's a comedy about Jr. High/middle school. Super awkward and uncomfortable. I really like it. My wife is willing to watch with me. She doesn't like it as much as I do.

Just finished up Russian Doll which was pretty fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Been watching Our Planet, the newest Attenborough documentary. Loving it, though it's got some heartbreaking moments early on. There's a well-noted scene with a flamingo that'll wreck you, but I was also pretty distraught at the scenes of the glacier collapsing and breaking apart.

It eases off the rough stuff in later episodes, though does not stop noting environmental dangers.

As for play videos, I've been casually watching NorthernLion struggle his way through Baba Is You (with the occasional aid of his wife who it sounds like is much better at the game). I'm not going to go too far because I haven't finished EVERY puzzle, but he seems to be going at a slower pace than me and I'm already finished a lot of them, so I'm not worried.

That said, it's hard to recommend this. It's a puzzle game, so he's either thinking and not doing anything, or rushing through things but not figuring them out so just jumping around from puzzle to puzzle. I'm not focused so hard though, so I don't mind.

I also watched this:

And some sekiro speedruns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently finished part 2 of The OA and season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. Some other things I've recently watched and enjoyed are Hilda, the new Carmen Sandiego, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Unicorn Store, Russian Doll, Captain Marvel, and The Umbrella Academy.

Currently watching season 3 of The Librarians, part 2 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery, and of course season 8 of Game of Thrones.

I had tickets to go see The Man Who Killed Don Quixote on its one-night showing, but unfortunately life got in the way. Hopefully I'll get another chance.

On the game streaming front I've been watching KatherineOfSky play Satisfactory. I'm on hiatus from Critical Role but I'm sure I'll pick it up again at some point. I was fairly close to the end of Campaign 1 when I ran out of steam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently finished The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix, and I'm going to start season 2 of The OA tonight. I watch The Office almost every day as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished part 1 of The OA.

Also finishing off season 1 of The Tick as I didn't realise there were some episodes left until I started watching season 2! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrift Thopter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Some people call this junk. Me, I call them treasures.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Hulu, I've been watching The Orville. I imagine that most people have heard of it by now, but it's basically Star Trek: The Next Generation with 2010s humor.

On Crunchyroll, I've been watching Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS and Ace of Diamond, only one of which involves a card game.

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS is the darkest card game-based Yu-Gi-Oh! series released so far. There are times when I actually get annoyed that they have to stop to play card games, because I enjoy the story so much. It isn't always dark, but when it does get dark, it can get really dark:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The main character is eventually revealed to be one of six people who had been kidnapped when they were six years old, and tortured for six months, in a secret project. This affected the protagonist and other victims in different ways. The show also has a surprising number of car accidents, at least two of which involved A.I. It makes me wonder if the writer has something against driverless cars. As an example, here's Blood Shepherd's backstory from season 2. Yes, there's a character called "Blood Shepherd," and yes, he also has a tragic backstory. Lots of characters in this show have tragic backstories.

Ace of Diamond is the most entertaining of the three baseball anime that I've watched, so far; the other two being Big Windup! and Princess Nine, which I also enjoyed. Ace of Diamond has an extremely like-able protagonist, tons of other interesting characters, and just the right mixture of entertainment, play-by-play, and drama. Big Windup! is about a skilled pitcher with little self-confidence who slowly comes to believe in himself as he bonds with his teammates, especially the catcher. Big Windup! also probably has the most play-by-play of these three series. Princess Nine is about a group of girls who want to form a baseball team, and compete in the boys league, because there are apparently no other girls' teams to compete against. The show's more about drama and romance than it is about baseball, but there is baseball.

Chihayafuru was said to be getting a 3rd season this month, so I was expecting to start watching that soon on Crunchyroll, which has the first two seasons. Unfortunately, I just found out that it will be delayed until at least October, but I may as well mention the show anyway. Chihayafuru is about a high school club that plays the traditional Japanese card game, Karuta. This might sound boring, but it's actually surprisingly compelling. In addition to the Karuta matches, there's a romance sub-theme to the show, but the main character is oblivious to the love triangle that's formed between her and her two childhood friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife and I are watching Star Trek : Discovery on Netflix. I'm also trying to catch up with the Marvel Netflix series, so watching Jessica Jones S2 at the moment.

On the BBC we are watching Richard Osman's House of Games, which is my favourite quiz show at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out that Pen15 has been renewed for a second season. So I'm super excited for that.

I watched season 1 ep. 3 of Black Miror "The Entire History of you".
Best one yet. I'll probably keep poking back in on the series from time to time. It's way too intense to binge on though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished watching Jessica Jones S2.. I thought it was good, but not on a par with Season 1. Still looking forward to a 3rd season though!

My wife picked up all 4 seasons of The IT Crowd in a charity shop, so we started watching season 1.

We're still watching a few quiz shows on UK Television too, such as Impossible! on the BBC, and Warwick Davis' Tenable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been watching Marvel's Runaways on Hulu. Just started Season 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Just watched Tuca and Bertie, a show that keeps some of the animation style of Bojack Horseman but is way more surreal in its animation. It has some similarities but is really a different experience.

Also, plant people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching a bunch of Korean TV dramas, but that has tailed off and I am only kinda watching "Coffee Prince" now, which has yet to grab me. The one that really got me is called "Let's Eat 2" and I've watched it through twice so far. These are on Netflix in my region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
TV wise I barely watch it. But I like historical shows, American Pickers, Big Bang Theory.

I love watching anime, both on video and computer, but also other films and series. Right now I am working through M*A*S*H*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched Boyhood. Quite liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Started watching Bosch during the week. It was the one thing my wife and I could agree on, now that the excellent Line of Duty has ended its 5th series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.