Subject: Most Anticipated Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Which game does everyone out there believe is the most anticipated game coming out this year? What games are everyone else out there looking forward to seeing at E3 the most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for me and pretty much every other Souls fan, it was Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

If we're looking at stuff on the 2019 calendar, a quick google search tells me there's a whole bunch of stuff I don't care about (and that Microsoft is still bad at naming things), and then there is Borderlands 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019) on Switch will be a big one for me, even though it's just a remaster. I'll probably play Dragon Quest Builders 2 when it releases since I enjoyed the first game. Also, maybe The Last of Us Part II? Pretty please, Naughty Dog?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Mario Kart Tour
Dr. Mario World

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix Point and Xenonauts 2 are my most anticipated still to come. My biggest anticipated game of the year overall was Devil May Cry 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Er, none?

I was kinda interested in Anthem, being a Bioware fan from Mass Effect, but since it's an MOO no thanks.

On a side note, every time someone says "Souls-like" it's also no thanks. Which seems to be more and more common.

Edit:

+ Cyberpunk 2077 perhaps.
+ Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks cool.
+ The Last of Us Part II but maybe it's too violent.
+ Horizon Zero Dawn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really anticipating anything but I might be interested in Metro Exodus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Animal Crossing for the Switch. It's the one thing that I know will guarantee that my wife will get her own Switch and we can do all sorts of multiplayer stuff far more efficiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really keep tabs on computer/videogames outside Nintendo so can't answer the first question. What my most anticipated game is Final Fantasy XII for the Nintendo Switch followed by Dragon Quest XI and FF Crystal Chronicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever my game group ends up playing, I'll be interested in. I don't have my own Switch, nor anything current for Xb nor PS, so it's not like I could get into those (easily). I've actually been quite happy trying to go through my backlog of older gen games (Wii, iOS, Android, and Steam).

That said, I would be interested in catching playthroughs and videos of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Link's Awakening remake for Switch.

Only other thing that's on my radar isn't a new game, but ANY new content for StarCraft 2 Coop mode. They've had an update that fixes a bunch of things (albeit, introduced a few new bugs ), and there was that Twitch Prime event announced back around late March...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2161986/free-coop-comma...

... I'll be looking forward to getting that free Commander in late May. However, would be nice to have a new character/Commander, or map/Mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak to what most gamers were anticipating since I usually find that they tend to have gawd-awful taste in that regard.

For me, it was Sekiro, Total War 3 Kingdoms, Phoenix Point, World War Z, and Disco Elysium.

No other PC game is that interesting and I consider Gearbox and their gawd-awful Borderlands series, including the upcoming Borderlands 3 to be so bad that they should pay me for even existing since the thought of that piss-poor of a game series succeeding causes me undue mental anguish and pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
I can't speak to what most gamers were anticipating since I usually find that they tend to have gawd-awful taste in that regard.

For me, it was Sekiro, Total War 3 Kingdoms, Phoenix Point, World War Z, and Disco Elysium.

No other PC game is that interesting and I consider Gearbox and their gawd-awful Borderlands series, including the upcoming Borderlands 3 to be so bad that they should pay me for even existing since the thought of that piss-poor of a game series succeeding causes me undue mental anguish and pain.

I played a little bit of Borderlands 2 and wasn't really getting the appeal either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the only thing that really jumps out at me is Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch. It's one that I'm legitimately anticipating. There are several other games that look interesting that I definitely want to check out at some point, but as far as something I want to pick up on launch day, Fire Emblem is about it.

Just remembered that Catherine remaster for PS4. I'm anticipating that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
It hasn't officially been announced yet, but I imagine in a short amount of time we'll be getting a Disgaea 6 announcement from Nippon Ichi. They botched their new Disgaea RPG mobile game worse than I've seen a company botch something in a while. The game worked for about 7 minutes before crashing, and it's been in Maintenance Mode ever since. They just announced a few days ago that it'll take another 3 months to get things working again, and their stock has dropped considerably.

I'm thinking they'll want to talk about Disgaea 6 to get the stock going back up and get things going down the right track pretty soon.

As for games already announced, I guess Ghost of Tsushima is one of my most anticipated games of the year. I absolutely love Sucker Punch, and can't wait for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
Honestly, the only thing that really jumps out at me is Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch. It's one that I'm legitimately anticipating. There are several other games that look interesting that I definitely want to check out at some point, but as far as something I want to pick up on launch day, Fire Emblem is about it.

Just remembered that Catherine remaster for PS4. I'm anticipating that as well.

Forgot about Fire Emblem 3 Houses. I'm looking forward to it but I'll miss the 2nd screen. All the Fire Emblems I've played have been on my 3DS so it will feel weird with playing on 1 screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Hanses
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
Er, none?

I was kinda interested in Anthem, being a Bioware fan from Mass Effect, but since it's an MOO no thanks.

On a side note, every time someone says "Souls-like" it's also no thanks. Which seems to be more and more common.

I was also kind of ... not anticipating Anthem exactly, but wishing it were a different game or that we were past it and back to actual BioWare games.

I wonder if "Souls-like" will become its own category. I'm happy for people who like those games, but that's not me.

I've been mostly excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phoenix Wright trilogy on PC.

There were other games I was kind of interested in, but Epic ruined that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysti_Fogg wrote:
I've been mostly excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phoenix Wright trilogy on PC.

I forgot all about Cyberpunk 2077! Though I think I've been waiting for that one for about 10 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Borderlands 3 has been a long wait. From what I’ve seen, they haven’t strayed very far from the BL2 formula, so I am cool with it. I love these goofy loot shooters; so much more fun for me over military nonsense or battle royale or multiplayer toxicity.
Cyberpunk will be a must have. We’ll see if it arrives on current gen consoles...I suspect not at this point. Might be proven wrong.
Rage 2 looks like a lot of fun. The first game was bland, but the team that made Mad Max are involved with this one and all the videos look like a hoot.
The Outer Worlds seems very interesting. Not entirely sold on what I’ve seen, but I’ll likely play it anyways.

There’s still a few released games I have to get around to, as well. Only so much time and money to go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Climber Nintendo Switch reveal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberpunk 2077 won't be out until 2020, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Cyberpunk 2077 won't be out until 2020, though.

It was fortold, long ago...

Cyberpunk 2020
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shenmue 3
(most anticipated games since 2016 or so)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot that Mortal Kombat 11 (XI?) is coming out... today? Since they petty much pulled a "Mortal Kombat The Next Generation", I'm curious as to how the story progresses. However it'll take a bit off time for those videos to upload. In the meantime,i can check out gameplay videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
The 2 that have me the most wanting to burn through some games so I can play them day 1 are Borderlands 3 and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've really lost touch recently. I have no idea what's coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.