Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of another game I'm highly anticipating. Judgment

It's by the team who makes the Yakuza games, and they seem to be pulling out all the stops for this one. It's not only dual-language, they did full lip syncing for English as well as Japanese dialog. I'm stoked for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
I thought of another game I'm highly anticipating. Judgment

It's by the team who makes the Yakuza games, and they seem to be pulling out all the stops for this one. It's not only dual-language, they did full lip syncing for English as well as Japanese dialog. I'm stoked for it.

That game does look cool, but the facial animation model is perhaps the least appealing thing in that whole trailer to me. I'm getting Uncanny Valley syndrome in a big way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
I've really lost touch recently. I have no idea what's coming?

Neither have I. I have no idea, except that Shenmue 3 was announced like 3 years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Plague Tale: Innocence looks interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:

That game does look cool, but the facial animation model is perhaps the least appealing thing in that whole trailer to me. I'm getting Uncanny Valley syndrome in a big way.

Interesting. I really like the realistic look of the characters from the Ryu ga Gotoku studio. I think they've gone another step more realistic with this game, as they still had a slightly more video game look to them in Yakuza 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
paralipsis wrote:

Interesting. I really like the realistic look of the characters from the Ryu ga Gotoku studio. I think they've gone another step more realistic with this game, as they still had a slightly more video game look to them in Yakuza 6.

For me, when a game reaches a certain point in the character model detail level then it becomes really hard for anything but mo-cap to work at the animation level without feeling creepy and wooden to me, and you can't mo-cap dual audio performances. There are some games that manage to get away with hand-keyed animations, but it's rare. Otherwise I prefer games stay more video-gamey in the character models, or else really nail the naturalism of their dialogue animations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

Neither have I. I have no idea, except that Shenmue 3 was announced like 3 years back.
I visited GameFAQs.com recently to look up something, and decided to "sure, why not?" when they asked me to participate in a random survey. One question was a list of upcoming games, and which ones I'm been looking forward to (IIRC, only heard of 2 of them, know only about 2 or 3 more due to "previous associations"*. No clue about the rest). I'll post that list when I get a chance.

* illustrative example would be Metal Gear 2019. I've heard of the Metal Gear series, have some cursory knowledge of it (via Smash Bros., and articles concerning that Hideo guy), but never played any of the actual games, nor know about THAT specific upcoming one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Zimeon wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

I visited GameFAQs.com recently to look up something, and decided to "sure, why not?" when they asked me to participate in a random survey. One question was a list of upcoming games, and which ones I'm been looking forward to (IIRC, only heard of 2 of them, know only about 2 or 3 more due to "previous associations"*. No clue about the rest). I'll post that list when I get a chance.

* illustrative example would be Metal Gear 2019. I've heard of the Metal Gear series, have some cursory knowledge of it (via Smash Bros., and articles concerning that Hideo guy), but never played any of the actual games, nor know about THAT specific upcoming one.
Check!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SMT V
The only problem is Im not going to buy a switch for one game. If was though, this would be the game to do it for.
Im disappointed Sony got Persona and Nintendo is getting SMT, it should have been the other way around considering thier respective audiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Elder Scrolls VI really coming out this year? I thought they were pushing that back, which is why they released The Elder Scrolls: Blades this year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Is Elder Scrolls VI really coming out this year? I thought they were pushing that back, which is why they released The Elder Scrolls: Blades this year...

Yeah, last I heard we'd be lucky to see a ESVI in 2021.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

Yeah, last I heard we'd be lucky to see a ESVI in 2021.

Oh good! I thought I had made a mistake and had to ramp-up my timeline for finishing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.