Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite happy!

I enjoy photography, and I do a moderate amount of photography (some times a lot other times not so much - so in general "moderate") - mainly analogue photography using 120-film (medium format) or 135-film (35mm).

In the weekend I went down to pick up my "new" lens: I bought a used Novoflex T-Noflexar 400mm f5.6 25 Year Anniversary Edition telelens, with an original Novoflex NIKA (Nikon-to-A) adapter:

Look at that beauty!
400mm olive drab - here with my Nikon FG - but with the Novoflex FUXA (Fujifilm X to Novoflex A) adapter I will be able to attach my lovely Fujifilm X-T3 on it (the adapter ring will come this week): And then I am ready to "shoot" the moon - and maybe some of that green stuff... nature I think it is called?

The read handle contains the focus, but squeezing the thingy sticking out - the focus can then be locked by twisting the knob on the top with the other hand - and in the front grip you find the trigger button; it is either mechanical (using a hole for a cable in the front grip) or electric (using a 2.5mm microjack above the rear grip) - for my Fuji I am using a 2.5mm to 2.5mm connector cable - and it is tested to work perfectly!

This ain't my first photo "gun" - I have two Soviet and Russian built "Photosnipers" that I quite enjoy using:
The Photosniper is a Zenit camera with a special baseplate to fit into the gunstock together with the 300mm lens (the camera can also be used with any M42 lens, but not together with the Photosniper handle.
The shutter sits as a regular gun trigger, and focus is done by twisting the knob in the front of the handle.

Of the two Zenit Photosnipers I mainly use the Zenit ES (the "Sniper" model of the Zenit E). Around 65,000 were made of those and 42,000 of the 12XPS that is the other one I have.

How many 25 Year Anniversary editions that was made of the T-Noflexar I do not know; But I know that mine is number 342.

Hopefully soon I can show what the Fuji can do with the Novoflex.
The Novoflex is very clear in the centre, but not so much in the outer rim; this is not a problem for most nature photographers, as they usually want the animal they are "shooting" to be clear and will most likely crop the image to get a close-up anyway.

I do wonder how many other "guns" I can find for photo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's really something from Mission Impossible or James Bond...It only looks like a camera...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember driving and coming across a car by the side of the road. Since it was somewhat of a remote area I slowed to stop to see if they were alright. I looked in seeing a couple; the driver was holding a large salad bowl. Not totally odd as I could totally imagine the conversation driving up to a friends house.
BOB! did you seriously forget to put the chicken in the chicken salad? No, you open it up and show me where it is!
So I asked if they were lost and the guy responds
"no, just taking some pictures" as he lifts up what I thought was a salad bowl to reveal there was a camera attached to this bowl of a lens.

photography is just awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McClain
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.twitch.tv/cruxcapacitor
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

I've never seen anything like that. It looks... dangerous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that looks impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fireball!
badge
Ouch! Watch it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, these looked like weapons at first glance. Very cool stuff though! My girlfriend is into photography. I never realized how involved it was until she started getting into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
surprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
I remember driving and coming across a car by the side of the road. Since it was somewhat of a remote area I slowed to stop to see if they were alright. I looked in seeing a couple; the driver was holding a large salad bowl. Not totally odd as I could totally imagine the conversation driving up to a friends house.
BOB! did you seriously forget to put the chicken in the chicken salad? No, you open it up and show me where it is!
So I asked if they were lost and the guy responds
"no, just taking some pictures" as he lifts up what I thought was a salad bowl to reveal there was a camera attached to this bowl of a lens.

photography is just awesome.
There are some pretty crazy stuff out there indeed! So far I don't have anything crazy... apart from the guns. I do have two 110-film ("spy" film) cameras - but I don't use them since they are too small for my filmspools to be put on for development... but maybe one day I will get to use them

ghostpants wrote:
Lol, these looked like weapons at first glance. Very cool stuff though! My girlfriend is into photography. I never realized how involved it was until she started getting into it.
When I started 20 years ago I shot B/W 135-film (the "normal" - actually they are little bigger than most digital censors, except of those called "Full frame", but that's only high-end cameras that use full-frame; my X-T3 also only uses APS-C - which is a different size for some companies), and learned how to develop the films and print the images (using light and projector enlargers). Some years ago I decided to experiment with developing colour films which even my teacher and her old teacher never dared to try; temperature is important in developing B/W films, but it's even more important at the C-41 process (colour film development); where a few degrees each way don't make a significant difference on B/W, people will easily become magenta in the faces if the temperature is incorrect in a colour film process. I believe I was quite successful in the development - but I can't print colour images, as I lack the correct enlarger (colour head). Colour image printing also require total darkness, where B/W printing is done in red lights (like in the movies) - I often just scan my colour negatives - or use my enlargers to print them in black/white.
Today there are also people developing films in coffee.

This image is taken by me on my friend's Zenza Bronica ETR-S on expired Kodak Portra-120 ISO 160 film, shot as an ISO 100, and then developed by myself using the C-41 process and scanned on some photographer friend's scanner (I now have my own negative scanner that can take all sizes - including large formate! It's not a perfect image (not super sharp), but the colours aren't.

This year I have a small photo project - might only be two films that I will shoot, but in 6x9 medium format:
This image is taken with the camera that I plan to use: My 100 year old Kodak Brownie 2, on same film as above, but not scanned using a proper scanner (I am satisfied with the result however, considering it was made with a traditional scanner, where I need to create the right background light and such).

I need to find things that are 100 years old this year (2019), and then take me 100 year old camera (1919) to photograph them, and then have the films developed and scanned. The 6x9 (2.25" x 3.25") medium format gives 8 shots per roll of film, where the 6x6 (2.25" x 2.25") medium format as the photo with the girl in the park originally is taken at have 12 exposures.

One of my good friends is a photographer, and also work in a photo store - just got a camera similar to my first SLR - a Canon AE-1; and she have never been using analogue cameras, and have asked me to mentor her... a big pressure is on my shoulders... luckily I do not need to teach her to take the photos (light, focus and so on), since then it would be a fail (as you can see on my images); but after taking the pictures, I need to teach her how to develop the film, and print the images. Luckily my fridge is full of film, paper and chemicals... (wait... that sounded bad...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, looks like a reaaaaally old WWII picture, but with a Ford Ka, lol, the anachrony. Pretty cool stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Heh, looks like a reaaaaally old WWII picture, but with a Ford Ka, lol, the anachrony. Pretty cool stuff!
Worked on a cheaper alternative to a DeLorean

I got my adapter ring, so now I am just waiting for a good moon night to get a shot of the moon from my window... It's pretty nice to look through my Fujifilm X-T3 - and.... well I will get a picture of it and you will see what I mean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls