Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Two Truths and a Lie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this might be a fun way to learn a bit more about each other. You probably know this game, but just in case you don't:

Share two true/interesting facts about yourself and one that is a lie. It's up to the rest of us to guess which one is the lie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a go!

1 I had brain surgery, before which I asked the surgeon half-jokingly to give me any cyborg implants he had lying around.
2 I was asked to leave a ghost hunt with the Tennessee Wraith Chasers because I was making fun of them.
3 On a trip to Washington, D.C., I accidentally wondered into a restricted area near the Capitol building and was briefly detained by Capitol police.

Edit: Added a poll

Poll
Vote for what you think the lie is!
Which one of the following is a lie?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I had brain surgery, before which I asked the surgeon half-jokingly to give me any cyborg implants he had lying around.
20.0% 1
I was asked to leave a ghost hunt with the Tennessee Wraith Chasers because I was making fun of them.
80.0% 4
On a trip to Washington, D.C., I accidentally wondered into a restricted area near the Capitol building and was briefly detained by Capitol police.
0.0% 0
Voters 5
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Poll created by ghostpants
Closes: Fri May 3, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
make it a poll
I say 3 is the lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
make it a poll
I say 3 is the lie.

Good idea! I added the poll. I'll reveal the answer sometime tomorrow. Others, please feel free to post your own at any time though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mb
Ok, here goes!

Poll
While I was a ballboy at the Legends Cup Tennis Tournament held in TED Club, Istanbul, Wimbledon winner Pat Cash fell over me on live TV, during the change called me over to his bench and gave me his headband, signed.
In 2011 while I was on holiday in New Zealand, I had the chance to be one of the hobbit extras in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, appearing very briefly in the back of Bilbo when he was searching for Gandalf in the Shire.
While sailing on a 2-person catamaran during a storm, first the fore stay then the mast broke in half. Me and my friend held the front sail with our hands in order to steer the catamaran away from the rocky shore while we waited for a rescue boat.
      12 answers
Poll created by ooozan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
So I will give it a go

Poll
Two Truths and a Lie, which is which
I was stopped in security at an airport due to a statue in my hand luggage holding a metal spear. It was packed in a shoe box, taped well together. I had 20 minutes to reach my connecting flight, but we had to open the box so they could examine the spear.
The bus I was sitting in was hit from behind by a trailer on Friday 13th of December. The very next day, my mum and I were out driving, and a car skidded on the ice, and crash into the railing of the bridge we were crossing, right in front of our car.
Once, when I was 17 years old, I was asked to drive my dad`s car from our house to our cabin an hour away, since my dad wanted to take a nap. This was despite the fact that I didn`t have a licence yet. We got two thirds of the way when cops on a routine speed check stopped us. I managed to wake my dad before they realised he was sleeping.
      11 answers
Poll created by Elida
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Ozan, the fact that two of those are true is pretty wild haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
mb
ghostpants wrote:
Wow Ozan, the fact that two of those are true is pretty wild haha

Haha, well that was the point Let's see in a couple of days if you guessed right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
make it a poll
I say 3 is the lie.

Naw, I think Gabe did get detained. It’s very easy to upset Capitol police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we reveal the lie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:

You can reveal it whenever you'd like. I decided to give it a day or two, but you could wait longer or reveal sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My lie was being detained at the Capitol! I did wander into an area that I shouldn't have been in, but some Capitol staff very politely helped me find my way back to an area that was open to the public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
My lie was being detained at the Capitol! I did wander into an area that I shouldn't have been in, but some Capitol staff very politely helped me find my way back to an area that was open to the public.

We struck out on that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
/
flag msg tools
badge
Play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
Elida wrote:

You can reveal it whenever you'd like. I decided to give it a day or two, but you could wait longer or reveal sooner.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Maybe this could be done like a spoiler?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Janna_ wrote:
ghostpants wrote:
Elida wrote:

Maybe this could be done like a spoiler?

That works too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
My lie:
Once, when I was 17 years old, I was asked to drive my dad`s car from our house to our cabin an hour away, since my dad wanted to take a nap. This was despite the fact that I didn`t have a licence yet. We got two thirds of the way when cops on a routine speed check stopped us. I managed to wake my dad before they realised he was sleeping.

Of course this was a lie. Who in their right mind would let their daughter drive their car without supervision?!
AND we bought the cabin later. So it was a double lie.

It looked like number 2 would be your answer about the lie, but that ACTUALLY happened!blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
/
flag msg tools
badge
Play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would actually reveal it this way but after a day or two, just to keep the suspense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it another go! This one is based off of memories from my youth.

Poll: Two Truths and a Lie
Vote for which one you think is the lie!
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
In middle school -- having no confidence in my athletic ability/lack thereof -- I jokingly bet my friend Zachary that I couldn't hit this girl Raven with a dodgeball. We were in gym, and she was just about as far away from me as you could possibly get. It was a weird thing to bet about, and I don't know where it even came from, but Zach laughed and went with it. Nonchalantly, I drop kicked this yellow dodgeball. I couldn't have kicked it more perfectly if I tried. It sailed across the gym in a beautiful arc and smacked her right in the side of the head. I think she may have even fallen over. She was okay though. I felt terrrrible, but I chuckle looking back at it. It's almost like Larry David wrote that moment of my life.
0.0% 0
When I was a high school senior, we went to Cincinatti for a week for our senior trip. One night, we watched a Reds game. We sat in center field. The Reds were playing the Dodgers, and Matt Kemp was the Dodgers center fielder at the time. Some of us thought it would be fun to heckle him, so we started hurling the lamest insults we could think of. My personal favorite was "Kemp still uses dial-up!" We went at him for a long time. Initially, he ignored us. Eventually he would turn around and just shake his head at us. As an inning came to an end, he turned around and said something to us and pointed. I couldn't hear what he said. Meanwhile, the Reds pitcher loaded the bases, and Kemp was up to bat. One of the teachers/chaperones was a massive Dodgers fan, and I remember him remarking "I hope he hits a grand slam right to you guys." CRACK. He did it. The ball flew right over my head. We even ended up on Sports Center later that night after the game.
100.0% 1
My younger cousin is almost like a sister to me. My mom was her babysitter for years when we were growing up, so we were always together. One day over summer vacation, I went to her house to play Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue on the PlayStation. My aunt had to run a few errands, so she left us to ourselves with really only one rule: "Don't jump on the trampoline." The trampoline was left uncovered and apparently started to dry rot, so they weren't sure if it could take any jumping. But of course, not long after she left, we decided it would be really smart to jump on the trampoline. Initially, everything went really well. I didn't notice anything abnormal about how the trampoline felt outside of it being a bit noisier than normal. My cousin always like it when I would time the jumps so that she would get bounced high into the air when I came down, so I started doing that. Suddenly, I come down and hear "POP!" I landed flat on my butt as the trampoline broke underneath me. Of course, my cousin was still several feet in the air, now with nothing to land on except the hard ground, a bunch of metal, and well, me. I remember it seemed like she was 100 feet in the air and fell for a long time before she hit the ground. As luck would have it, she landed in probably the best way. Part of the trampoline was still standing, so she hit that first and then sort of rolled onto my legs. She was fine. I think we were both in shock though, and in that moment much more concerned with what my aunt was going to do when she saw the broken trampoline in the yard. As if on cue, she pulled into the driveway maybe 2-3 minutes after all of that. She was not happy. Ironically, I fractured my tailbone when I fell. The pain started to set in after the initial shock wore off. The trip to the emergency room spared us any real punishment beyond not being able to play with each other for a couple of weeks. I suppose she thought we -- or I suppose I -- suffered enough.
0.0% 0
Voters 1
This poll is now closed.   1 answer
Poll created by ghostpants
Closes: Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lie reveal:

The lie was actually the third option! It was based in reality, however. We did jump on the trampoline after being explicitly told not to, but we were out there for maybe 5 minutes before my aunt pulled in to the driveway, furious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.