Lords of the Fallen
DmC: Devil May Cry – Bloody Palace
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 

Video Game» Forums » Video Game Related » General Video Gaming

Subject: VGG QOTD 2019 May 5 - What aspect of modern gaming annoys you the most? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
More the former, although I think I'm pretty neutral on T/F overall. If I had to pick just one Myers-Briggs type for myself though, I'd lean ISTP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"This is no time to be making new enemies." --Voltaire
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
More the former, although I think I'm pretty neutral on T/F overall. If I had to pick just one Myers-Briggs type for myself though, I'd lean ISTP.

That's a great type for a gamer. It should give you an edge when it comes to finding those brilliant tactical plays, solving knotty problems, or even negotiating (where that's part of the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I always think I'm INTP but I'm NOT. Every time I take the test I'm INFJ: The Counselor, but I for some reason see myself as more INTP: The Architect... (Other people agree I'm totally the Counselor though...)

However, I too almost drowned when I was five. Because I keep walking deeper into the lake by keeping my feet on the bottom. I wanted to see how far I could go. My family, however, freaked out and "rescued" me - though I didn't think I needed rescuing. I've always been strange that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Gambling by a myriad of other names in order to avoid the legal implications but still function in the same way psychologically and economically.

manukajoe wrote:
Oh God the constant insistence on online multiplayer gulp

Lord_Kristof wrote:

If I was to pick just one of those, I'd probably go with microtransactions, as those are the most obviously wrong in my opinion (a method of monetization borrowed from free to play games, which themselves introduced the entirely idiotic concept that you can have something a lot of people worked on for many months or even years for free), and in addition serve as insidious tools for messing with the balance of even purely single-player experiences.

Peristarkawan wrote:
"Gamer" culture.

Yup, these pretty much say it all.

If I wanted to toss in something different, I'd add how I actually miss the hard puzzles in adventure games, and I wish modern adventure games weren't quite so easy (or would scale the puzzles based on difficult rather than just removing hint functionality) - it annoys me that I can finish them so quickly these days...

But that is a relatively petty complaint compared to these four listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"This is no time to be making new enemies." --Voltaire
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Heh, I always think I'm INTP but I'm NOT. Every time I take the test I'm INFJ: The Counselor, but I for some reason see myself as more INTP: The Architect... (Other people agree I'm totally the Counselor though...)

However, I too almost drowned when I was five. Because I keep walking deeper into the lake by keeping my feet on the bottom. I wanted to see how far I could go. My family, however, freaked out and "rescued" me - though I didn't think I needed rescuing. I've always been strange that way.

If you were an INTP (or INTJ), you'd probably say your family has always been strange that way.

(Btw, I self-identified as an INFJ myself for a long time before I realized my type is really INFP. I tried INTP and ISFJ on for size too, some years ago.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, my family is strange all right... but I'm by no means the weirdest, and we're all weird in different messed up ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That I don't have enough time to do more of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this video was a good analysis of some of the reasons the games industry is split into big business making bland and often exploitative retreads of last year's fad, and everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was an excellent video!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
That was an excellent video!

Most of what Errant Signal puts out is excellent, strongly recommended channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
What aspect of modern gaming annoys you the most?

The (low) quality and (high) quantity of churned out games on the iOS app store.

My inability to create even the most rudimentary games of my own
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.