Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted in my work chat today, and I felt it would be good to share, even though I haven't had time to watch the whole documentary yet (it's almost an hour!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Happy Halloween!
badge
Ouch! Watch it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll definitely be checking this out. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameinformer had a big article about the company's downfall in one of their recent issues, which I read through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when that came out it was posted in our work chat to read too. A lot of people at my company loved their games, and we were all taken by surprise when they shut down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
NoClip in general, as a whole channel, is very cool and informative if you're into behind the scenes stuff. I recommend it.

I started watching this one, but haven't finished yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good video! I just finished Tales From The Borderlands, and wasn't aware that TellTale was also the company that created that (so yeah... no more further episodes :x ).

Interesting to hear some accounts from 4 of the employees. It is quite a volatile job market. Go figure why some people give it up, work for "the man", and resign themselves to working on some of the most boring jobs in the world, albeit with solid stability, pay, benefits, and that they get to leave the office after 40 hours every week.

They also mentioned Activision and Blizzard towards the end. I need to follow up on those, since as someone who plays StarCraft 2 Coop mode, that does directly affect me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Utting
Australia
Preston
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it was a great watch.

I very much agreed with some of the sentiments. I started playing Telltale games when they released Bone and was very glad they got the Sam & Max license.

Walking Dead was just after our daughter was born and so the whole being responsible for someone else thing really grabbed me.

But after Walking Dead Season 1, it seemed like they were just spitting out the same game over and over just with different licenses and I couldn't be bothered with them anymore.

Kind of wish they did an original IP near the end rather than relying on licenses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reading that Tales From The Borderlands has disappeared from Steam and GOG is removing all of their games from next Monday.

https://kotaku.com/more-telltale-games-are-disappearing-from...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
urbaer wrote:
Kind of wish they did an original IP near the end rather than relying on licenses
Ditto although that's really risky. They made a name for themselves, but TBH, would that have worked? AFAIK, the big name IPs were a major part of attracting players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Utting
Australia
Preston
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
urbaer wrote:
Ditto although that's really risky. They made a name for themselves, but TBH, would that have worked? AFAIK, the big name IPs were a major part of attracting players.
I mean, financially probably not, but from my perspective it would have been good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Telltale is starting up again. Bought by people not connected to the original company.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/20835854/telltale-games-re...

They're going to offer some of the original staff (who I don't think got paid for the last few months of work they did for the old Telltale) freelance work, with a possibility of full time roles.

Hmmmm....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cricky wrote:
I see Telltale is starting up again. Bought by people not connected to the original company.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/28/20835854/telltale-games-re...

They're going to offer some of the original staff (who I don't think got paid for the last few months of work they did for the old Telltale) freelance work, with a possibility of full time roles.

Hmmmm....
Yup. Basically turning all the original full-time employees into contractors like me. Some have already taken them up on the offer because they want to eat and pay bills (I know how that is).

Those who took them up on the offer are being cautiously optimistic (they want to reserve judgement)... but I think this is going to push things even further towards unionizing.

Because the workers are basically getting screwed from this. There is no way they are being paid as much as they were before the company went under, and saying "it's like a start-up" I see as an excuse for a whole bunch of bad practices, like having one person take on multiple jobs so they don't have to pay others as much for the same work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls