The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood
Forbidden Island
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/29/18644123/playstation-e3-sa...

Sony's having a pretty amazing sale starting in a few days (to coincide with E3 I suppose).

Days Gone, which is still $60 everywhere, will be $40, along with Marvel's Spider-man, MLB the Show 19, and God of War at $20 each.

The PS4 Pro will be $349.99 ($50 drop off normal), and PSVR sets will be on sale too.

I'm planning to pick up Spider-man. I almost picked up Spider-man at $40, which it's been for the last few months, but I'm glad I waited.

Correction: I originally had Days Gone was going to be $20, but it's going to be $40.

Sorry about the confusion. Apparently the news articles I read jumped the gun and had prices lower than they should have been for a few of the games. The actual prices from Sony's own mouth (blog) are listed here:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-of-play-deal...

I'm not sure if these deals are all digital, or if some physical copies will see these prices as well.

Thanks to Steve for the notice and link to the playstation blog post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sony's Days of Play sale June 7 through 17th - Days Gone, Spider-Man, MLB the Show 19, God of War ($20 each)
Playstation Blog wrote:
Days Gone, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, MLB The Show 19 – starting at $19.99 USD / $29.99 CAD (MSRP)
That sounds more like just one of the games will be $20 (probably God of War) and the rest will be whatever.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/29/days-of-play-11-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sony's Days of Play sale June 7 through 17th - Days Gone, Spider-Man, MLB the Show 19, God of War ($20 each)
Oh, it looks like Days Gone may be the only one not $20.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ps4-game-sale-days-of-play-2...

I thought I saw $20 when I first read this article, but it says they're all $20 except Days Gone at $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sony's Days of Play sale June 7 through 17th - Spider-Man, MLB the Show 19, God of War ($20 each) - Days Gone $40 (Updated)
I wonder if they're discounting the DLC for Spidey? My cousin is big-time hooked on that game and is waiting for a better price to pick up the DLC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sony's Days of Play sale June 7 through 17th - Spider-Man, MLB the Show 19, God of War ($20 each) - Days Gone $40 (Updated)
That Business insider writer doesn't seem to understand what "starting at" means.

There's no way MLB the Show is going to be $20. It just released a couple of months ago. No chance in hell it goes from $60 to $20 so soon. Even $30 would be a shock.

Every year prior to this the game has dropped to $40 in early June. I'm absolutely sure this year will be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual list of games and prices has now been revealed. Including MLB at $40 (ahem) laugh

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-of-play-deal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the main games in the sale are available at the sale prices in select stores as well for physical copies. I'm seeing the sales at target, best buy and Amazon so far.

I'm going to snag Spiderman for $20 on my lunch break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:

Thinking about snagging this amazon deal as well, although I'm in no hurry to play it and it will probably hit PS+ at some point.

As for the PSN sale, most of these prices are so bad I resented having to scroll past them.

Couple of good ones though. I'm not terribly enthusiastic about Detroit: Become Human, but $8? Might grab it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
GibbRS wrote:

Thinking about snagging this amazon deal as well, although I'm in no hurry to play it and it will probably hit PS+ at some point.

I decided to go ahead with it; I've got family coming into town for an extended visit leading into the 4th of July, and I figured Spiderman would be a good "everyone thinks this looks cool" game to have on hand. They've also never put out a physical edition that bundles DLC, and, having researched the DLC itself, it's completely separate from the campaign and very short. Sort of like inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood or inFAMOUS: First Light (same developer). Seriously doubt I'm missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been really impressed with Spider-Man. I love Insomniac Games, so I knew it would be good, but I played it 5 hours straight in my first sitting before I realized it was after 2 am and I should go to bed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hear some of my (mediocre) music on my profile!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
I've been really impressed with Spider-Man. I love Insomniac Games, so I knew it would be good, but I played it 5 hours straight in my first sitting before I realized it was after 2 am and I should go to bed.

I loved almost everything about Spider-Man. I'm not typically a superhero game fan, but I had a blast playing it last year. I've been thinking of going back and trying to get the platinum trophy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody hasn't played and is even remotely interested in Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition, you should snag it for $10 during this sale.

It's a fantastic game, one of the best on the PS4 (one of the best of the entire generation actually).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
If anybody hasn't played and is even remotely interested in Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition, you should snag it for $10 during this sale.

It's a fantastic game, one of the best on the PS4 (one of the best of the entire generation actually).

Second this. If you don't have it already, $10 is a no-brainer for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To counter that, I found it oddly boring. Was excited about Horizon Zero Dawn, too. So that was weird.

I love Spider-man though, fantastic game. Spider-man and God of War are the best games of this PS4 generation, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Spider-man and God of War are the best games of this PS4 generation, imho.

God of War left me feeling eh for some reason. It was hard to pin down what it was. It's a technically impressive game, and I liked a lot about it. But I just got really bored with it after awhile. But I do seem to be in a pretty small minority there. I loved the story and how the game ended though!

Agreed on Spider-Man. It's a must play if you have a PS4, even if you're not typically a superhero fan. It's just plain fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
GibbRS wrote:

Second this. If you don't have it already, $10 is a no-brainer for sure.

I'll third it if anyone needs the extra incentive

I enjoyed this game more playing it straight through than messing around with side quests, though that says more about me than it does the game. I still think Aloy is one of the better protagonists in recent memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.