The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Scythe: Digital Edition
One Deck Dungeon
Mystic Vale
Suikoden II
World of Tanks
NieR: Automata
God of War (2018)
Artifact
Ganz Schön Clever
Rex: Another Island
Treasure Hunter Claire
Master of Orion
Mass Effect
Secret of Mana (1993)
Assassin's Creed
Chrono Trigger
Drakengard
Final Fantasy Tactics
Company of Heroes
Angband
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
[PROTOTYPE]
Interstate '76
Elemental Gearbolt
Age of Wonders
War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition
Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished
Minecraft
Xenoblade Chronicles
Windosill
Realm of the Mad God
Tales of Maj'Eyal: Age of Ascendancy
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Splice
Spaceteam
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Tomb Raider (2013)
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Mario Kart 8
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Lost Civilization
Rise of the Tomb Raider
LittleBIGPlanet 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015
Card Crawl
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Video Game» Forums » VGG Related » VGG Help and How-To

Subject: What's the delay on approving games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Why the delay for approving new games? I submitted a game almost 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard any feedback on it. The current submission queue for pending video game entries hasn't been this long for months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Why the delay for approving new games? I submitted a game almost 2 weeks ago now and haven't heard any feedback on it. The current submission queue for pending video game entries hasn't been this long for months.


I had a similar delay recently on a correction - so much time went by that I assumed it didn't get entered in the queue. I made the correction again, and you know what happened? They declined the duplicate, and didn't make the actual correction.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels so empty here....

This may or may not be related to the delay in game approval you are experiencing.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
It feels so empty here....

This may or may not be related to the delay in game approval you are experiencing.

I'd say this is the entire reason. Forbidding is the main game approver on VGG. Kael would be second. I'm not sure if there is a third these days.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
It feels so empty here....

This may or may not be related to the delay in game approval you are experiencing.


Yep, I'd say that is probably the reason (updated URL direct to the problem). Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't seen that thread before.

So, when is Matthijs going to start approving games?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
Avatar
mbmbmb
As soon as I can log in as administrator again. After an issue a few months ago security for admins was improved, we now need a double login. Which is great - as long as it works.

Today is my 15th day I can't log in as admin. I've notified my fellow admins and Aldi day 1. But I'm still waiting on the solution.

...Perhaps security is now ...too... tight.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
As soon as I can log in as administrator again. After an issue a few months ago security for admins was improved, we now need a double login. Which is great - as long as it works.

Today is my 15th day I can't log in as admin. I've notified my fellow admins and Aldi day 1. But I'm still waiting on the solution.

...Perhaps security is now ...too... tight.


Matthjis is the new Abreu confirmed.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
So when do we give The Maverick admin abilities?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
Avatar
mbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:
As soon as I can log in as administrator again. After an issue a few months ago security for admins was improved, we now need a double login. Which is great - as long as it works.

Today is my 15th day I can't log in as admin. I've notified my fellow admins and Aldi day 1. But I'm still waiting on the solution.

...Perhaps security is now ...too... tight.


Matthjis is the new Abreu confirmed.

laugh

Good news, I just logged in as admin, today.

I've approved the first few items. I'll start battling the backlog, for as RL permists.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
admin
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, after having a conversation with Forbidding and _Kael_, I'm also going to lend some support by tackling some of the backlog tonight. But again Real Life™ is getting in the way a bit!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.