Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EA:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order looks like something I will maybe eventually play and that's about it. Was hoping for more Dragon Age info which is about the only thing I'm really interested in from EA right now.

Bethesda:
No meaningful Elderscrolls or Starfield information.
I'm not sure what to think of Ghostwire except it looks promising.
Deathloop didn't click with me, which is odd. I'm a big fan of Arkane. Maybe it was the setting and the frenetic action and the guns. Good chance I'll play it at some point but it didn't get me excited at all.

MS:
New Xbox Elite controller! Yay! Even more expensive than the current Elite controller? Boo. Spending $150 My OG Elite controller was the splurgiest of splurges, don't see myself spending $180 on a newer version. I will probably cave in when my (newly repaired) OG Elite controller goes off to controller heaven, but if $150 is stupid amount of money for a controller (and it is) $180 for a controller is stupidly stupid. Guaranteed these will fly off the shelves.
Future Xbox console hardware, lots of nonspecific stuff that largely mirrors Sony's announced generalities. Interested because I plan on getting one, but since I plan on getting one I'm not to worked up about what is said and what isn't said. And it would be idiotic for them to announce anything concrete 18 months before the console hits shelves. It will be more powerful with extra sparkles. Good enough for me.
Halo Infinite! Yay! Trailer says nothing about the game. Rumored light RPG elements in this, which is peculiar if true. Launch title for next Xbox. Shrug. Okay. Works for me.
Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC? Ummm. Could be good. The Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 was a lot of fun. But Legos?
Ori and the Will of the Wisps? Sign me up. Didn't need to see anything on this other than a release date.
Outer Worlds looks like something I'll play right away.
Cyberpunk looks like something that I'll get on a deep sale if I get it at all.
Wastelands 3 I may have to get just because it is set in Colorado, even thought he Colorado setting looks to be exceptionally generic. Snow! Mountains! Colorado! Could be parts of California, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, BC, Alberta.
Gears 5 or 6 or whatever it is, Battletoads, Blair Witch, not interested.
Game Pass Ultimate? My understanding of this is that right now for the princely sum of exactly $1 I can convert my remaining 10 months of XBL Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. This seems way too good a deal. But I keep looking it up on different forums and websites and through MS and it does seem like that is indeed the deal being offered right now. If so, that is a crazy bargain. I am suspicious by nature.
Elden Ring. So out to lunch on this. May be the first From Software game that I actually devote time to, but it will absolutely be a wait and see.

Curious to see what the rest off the announcements are from other presentations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
EA:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order looks like something I will maybe eventually play

Yes it did look interesting.

Lurkfish wrote:
Bethesda:
No meaningful Elderscrolls or Starfield information.

Disappointing. Was expecting something from Starfield.

But maybe they not allowed to show pictures from the next gen games yet as it is one and a half year until release for the new xbox (project Scarlett) and PS5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I'm into the 70s-noir vibe of Deathloop, but I like the premise. I really hope you can play as either character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't fully seen Xbox's conference, but it seemed pretty decent.

Project Scarlett sounds cool (and very similar to the PS5) so it sounds like both systems will have their multi-plats and exclusives same as this gen.

I'm surprised Xbox hasn't said anything about VR, as it seems like Sony has the edge in that market, even if the PSVR isn't a huge system seller.

The Xbox PC Game pass is a fantastic deal. $5 a month to play a few dozen games, not bad at all. Redbox is like $8 for a few days, so this is a huge bargain. I know the game pass won't have the big games on day 1 (except maybe 1st party games), but it still has some great games. Wolfenstein II the New Colossus has been on my list to play.

Limited Run announced a huge pile of games they're releasing in physical form, and not a single one of them is a game I want to play, let alone own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
I haven't fully seen Xbox's conference, but it seemed pretty decent.

Project Scarlett sounds cool (and very similar to the PS5) so it sounds like both systems will have their multi-plats and exclusives same as this gen.

I'm surprised Xbox hasn't said anything about VR, as it seems like Sony has the edge in that market, even if the PSVR isn't a huge system seller.

The Xbox PC Game pass is a fantastic deal. $5 a month to play a few dozen games, not bad at all. Redbox is like $8 for a few days, so this is a huge bargain. I know the game pass won't have the big games on day 1 (except maybe 1st party games), but it still has some great games. Wolfenstein II the New Colossus has been on my list to play.

Limited Run announced a huge pile of games they're releasing in physical form, and not a single one of them is a game I want to play, let alone own.

I think Game Pass has around 100 games on it give or take. Granted there are only a dozen or so that interest me at any given time, but it's a pretty outstanding bargain. I have resisted the urge but the switch over deal they have go right now will probably sway me.

All MS first party game come out release day on GP, and it looks like now they are moving that up to where GP gets the games earlier than purchase. Third party stuff is lagging behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:

I think Game Pass has around 100 games on it give or take. Granted there are only a dozen or so that interest me at any given time, but it's a pretty outstanding bargain. I have resisted the urge but the switch over deal they have go right now will probably sway me.

All MS first party game come out release day on GP, and it looks like now they are moving that up to where GP gets the games earlier than purchase. Third party stuff is lagging behind.

Oh, yeah it is over 100 games. Xbox Game pass PC has 103 games, and the Xbox game pass (on XB1) has 230 games.

The list in this article shows all the PC game pass games:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/xbox-game-pass-ultima...

It was hard-ish to find, but here is the full list of games on the XB1 version of the pass.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/subsxgpcha... (if this link doesn't work, find the A-Z list and hit show all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo this looks good.

"Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology"

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/06/gods-monsters-is-a-new-ubi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably get the newly announced Star Wars LEGO game at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Game Pass Ultimate? My understanding of this is that right now for the princely sum of exactly $1 I can convert my remaining 10 months of XBL Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. This seems way too good a deal.

That's precisely what happens, I did it myself. It's an insane deal for those who have xboxes.

You only get one chance to convert, so if you're already buying XBL Gold, then you should add 2 years asap, then do the $1 conversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
The Xbox PC Game pass is a fantastic deal. $5 a month to play a few dozen games, not bad at all.

$5 is intro pricing, regular will be $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squeeeeee! Viva Piñata getting upgraded to 4K for Xb1X!

Y'all have no idea how happy I am. I would be happier if Rare announced a new Viva Piñata of course, but tis makes me plenty happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
Game Pass Ultimate? My understanding of this is that right now for the princely sum of exactly $1 I can convert my remaining 10 months of XBL Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. This seems way too good a deal.

That's precisely what happens, I did it myself. It's an insane deal for those who have xboxes.

You only get one chance to convert, so if you're already buying XBL Gold, then you should add 2 years asap, then do the $1 conversion.

Seems like there is a 36 month max for this deal, so I need to start looking for the cheapest avenue to add 26 months to my gold account...

Edit: I can get another 2 years of XBL Gold for $120, spend $1 on top of that, and have XBL Gold and Game Pass for the next (almost) 3 years? Insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Square Enix press conference wasn't super exciting, but the look at the new Avengers game was pretty cool. It seems quite neat, but I'm not too sure about the more heroes released periodically thing. Sounds like it could get expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
Ooo this looks good.

"Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology"

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/06/gods-monsters-is-a-new-ubi...

I guess it's not based on the movie then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was glad to see that Final Fantasy VIII will be getting the same remastered release that 7 and 9 already got, and by the end of this year. Looking forward to playing that again.

I thought the LooooOOOOOooOOOoong bossfight with Cloud and Barrett for FF7R was strange. Originally its' the first fight in the game. The trailer they showed made it seem... uhhh... drawn out? The rest of the trailer looked intriguing.

My favorite E3 moment this year is still Keanu Reeves. Wake the **** up, Samurai!

I didn't watch the Bethesda conference, but to catch up on it, I watched the highlights from Maximilian's stream, and I highly recommend that. Max cracks me up.

"This game didn't have human NPCs??...??...and now there's a trailer for it."

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
GibbRS wrote:
The Xbox PC Game pass is a fantastic deal. $5 a month to play a few dozen games, not bad at all.

$5 is intro pricing, regular will be $10.

Yes, but PC game pass + Xbox game pass + Xbox Gold = $15, which is a fantastic bargain.

My main concern is with my annual humble monthly subscription, which I may soon regret buying. I already started seeing a lot of redundancy between Humble monthly, Twitch Prime and Xbox Game Pass, and it'll be even worse now.

Both early unlocks for Humble Monthly July are on the game pass offering already. So I paused my subscription for this month, but I can't do it every month...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't paid all that much attention to the different trailers and showcases etc. A few things broke through.

Cyberpunk 2077 obviously. Color me unphased. It's a disappointing thing to me that I'm not more hyped about it. More thoughts to follow somewhere on the geek, likely the blog section or CP2077's game specific forum.

Bloodlines 2. I wish Hardsuit Labs all the best, but I gotta say, the gameplay trailer is not reassuring. With just around 8 months of production left, it's either going to be very disappointing, or they'll have to pull extended periods of crunch to deliver I think. Both options are unfortunate.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order looks like they really want to make it a spiritual follow-up to Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy, which I'm theoretically on board with, but I just don't like what they showed of the game. Plus, it's EA-published, so I don't know if I'll check it out at all on principle. I believe Respawn can deliver a good action game, but I'm just not sure about this one... and the protagonist is generic-looking AF, which doesn't help.

There's a small game called Spiritfarer that's got a really interesting premise but I'm not entirely sold on the gameplay the seem to be focusing on (gathering resources). https://thunderlotusgames.com/spiritfarer/

The Marvel Avengers game looks like a chinese knock-off based on the trailer. Very disappointing look, but then again it's a trailer built in-engine, so nothing will probably look exactly like what we saw.

Watch Dogs 3 got me somewhat excited (multiple protagonists! recruiting NPCs! emergent storytelling!), after which I remembered that it's an Ubisoft game, and the trailer they showed is probably a cherry-picked pre-written section or a bullshit "vertical slice" made for E3. The final game will likely have tons of recycled content and just be a pretty boring open-world with this one cool gimmick... which I guess is still better than to just get another regular boring open-world.

I might go back to seeing the Doom Eternal trailer because that's a game I'm kind of waiting for. Other than that, I think I've reached a point where I'm just too jaded about the inside baseball side of the industry to get really excited about anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I haven't been wow'd by any big reveals yet, so I'm still hoping something exciting will come out of this E3.

The Nintendo Direct is at 10 am PST today. I likely won't be able to view it live, since I'll be at work, but I may catch highlights on my lunch break.

I'm wondering if we'll get some Metroid Prime 4 screenshots or trailers. Some new Fatal Frame news would always be welcome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hear some of my (mediocre) music on my profile!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am incredibly happy to see Final Fantasy VIII is finally getting the remaster treatment VII and IX got! I never thought it would happen. Definitely going to play through that game for the nth time when it releases.

On the other hand, am I the only one that thinks the FF7 remake looks...eh? Maybe I'll change my mind once I can play it, but I feel like it strays too far from the original for my tastes. Granted, I'm not the biggest FF7 fan to begin with, so if this is what hardcore fans of that game want, I think that's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Bowman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just excited for Nintendo announcements at this point. It sucks that Sony isn't there. I always love to hear from naughty dog and the only single player games I'm hyped for are Nintendo titles and last of us 2.
This e3 hasn't tickled me too much. I enjoy final fantasy but square has beaten the brand to death and I can't get excited for remakes. I'd rather just. A straight remaster of the original ff7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:
There's a small game called Spiritfarer that's got a really interesting premise but I'm not entirely sold on the gameplay the seem to be focusing on (gathering resources). https://thunderlotusgames.com/spiritfarer/

!!!

This looks perfect! I've been looking for a pure crafting, no combat game. I have enough games where I kill things. I want more where I make things. And ferrying spirits does seem to be a nice angle on this.

So thank you for mentioning this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:

The Marvel Avengers game looks like a chinese knock-off based on the trailer. Very disappointing look, but then again it's a trailer built in-engine, so nothing will probably look exactly like what we saw.

My interest in Avengers barely has a pulse. GaaS, MP, and odd looking character design. I didn't expect the characters to look like the MCU but I guess I expected something different than what was shown. Maybe more Ultimates style, which the MCU is heavily influenced by.

Would have much rather see a new Tomb Raider from Crystal D and a new Deus Ex from Eidos, or how about a Legacy of Kain reboot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really disappointed that the Nintendo Direct didn't confirm a new Ice Climber game. It might be that there is a lot more they need to work on for this game, even though Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a release date of March 20, 2020 and they confirmed a sequel for Breath of the Wild (with a cutscene) which probably won't come out until 2021. It still looks like the new Ice Climber game is coming eventually. At the end of the Banjo-Kazooie trailer, it showed Banjo-Kazooie posing with 24 Fighters, including Ice Climbers, Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight, which still makes me think HAL Laboratory or Sakurai, more likely the former than the latter because no Kid Icarus: Uprising characters.

Highlights of the Direct: Bowser vs. Bowser, Luigi's Mansion 3 (the game is a lot bigger than I thought it would be), Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Catan, Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games. I will buy the DLC for The Hero and Banjo-Kazooie, even though I wasn't a fan of either of the trailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Lord_Kristof wrote:

!!!

This looks perfect! I've been looking for a pure crafting, no combat game. I have enough games where I kill things. I want more where I make things. And ferrying spirits does seem to be a nice angle on this.

So thank you for mentioning this!
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles does this, but perhaps not as well as Minecraft Creative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the chance to watch the Nintendo Direct today, but I think the most exciting news to me was that the Mana Collection is coming to the states. The digital version is available right now on the Switch store, but the physical version comes out August 28th for the collector's out there. It's the same price for either, $39.99. Amazon and Gamestop have it available for pre-order, and Walmart will have it too at some point.

Also interesting is Trials of Mana, previously the unreleased in NA Seiken Densetsu 3 is getting a full remake in the same style as Secret of Mana. However, they're revamping the battle system to be much better. It's almost like they heard the feedback about Secret of Mana and decided to do better. I'm super excited by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.