Subject: VGG QOTD 2019 June 11 - What game(s) deserve a sequel or reboot? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
What game(s) deserve a sequel or reboot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Warsong
Dark Wizard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Master of Magic
Lords of Chaos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Child of Light

I swear there was another one I thought should have a sequel, but I can't remember what it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Fantasy! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Hanses
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a third installment of Analogue dealing with whatever happened to get Starr and the other AIs excepting Mute killed. But it seems unlikely that will happen at this point.

A better sequel to Heroes Rise would also be nice. The creator was always political, but the last sequel was a lot of very dull politics that the main character got railroaded into siding with the revolutionaries rather than being allowed to seek at least a moderate path (conservative might have been anti-the hero due to its unique genetics, but moderate should have been possible). Not that revolutionaries can't be fun, but I thought they were idiots.

Leviathan:Last Day of the Decade could use a sequel. The story is okay on its own, but I'd love to hear more about those characters and that world. Unfortunately, the company went down in infighting.

I'd like another Orwell if they took more time with it. The first one was great, the second one felt like it was more limited (fewer suspects) probably because they had less time.

Harebrained Schemes's Shadowrun could use a 4th installment. And a 5th. And really they could keep going with it playing with the different regional settings. So far they're amazingly good at what they are. I don't know if Harebrained is going to continue with them any time soon though.

Portal because it's Portal. I don't know where the plotline could go, but I want to play with Portals again.

Framed I'd love to see them expand the story. They don't have too much plot, it's basically a McGuffin hunt, so I could see them doing more eventually, but they'd probably want to make sure it had that same noir feeling.

Wolf Among Us was supposed to get a sequel, but that will never happen now that Telltale has gone under. Though it may be for the best since Telltale wasn't putting in the time to make quality stories any more. Still, I'd love something set in the world of Fables again.

Unavowed This is Wadjet Eye's latest IP, and after they did such a great job with the Blackwell series, I'd love to seem them do more supernatural detective work with this one.

Some things that I want to get a sequel like Lamplight City, Magical Diary, and Hatoful Boyfriend are slated to get new releases in the coming year or so, so I didn't put them on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:

Ooo, I'd like a sequel to this.

I'd also like a sequel to Alida. Sure, the mystery behind the theme park in that game was solved, but perhaps having success with that one, you are sent to a different remote theme park to find out what happened there?

I sort of hope there is a sequel to Little Alchemy 2, since I'm almost done with the game, and I'd really like another 700+ items to combine... (it's so peaceful!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
My most wished-for sequels both actual and spiritual, or a modern reboots, would include:

Heretic - a modern day Heretic game rebooted similar to DOOM would probably kick ass.

L.A. Noire - a spiritual successor to this one would be much appreciated.

>observer_ - a sequel could deliver on some of the promises the original didn't quite manage to fulfil.

Alan Wake - I really liked the original, and a sequel in that vein, instead of the action direction that American Nightmare went with, would be appreciated.

The Lost Vikings - It's probably past its prime even as a concept, but a remake of the original game could be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It starts like hello and ends like goodbye...
badge
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we definitely need a new F-Zero. Otherwise, Baten Kaitos, Gotcha Force, and the Sonic Adventure subseries could all use some love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysti_Fogg wrote:
Wolf Among Us was supposed to get a sequel, but that will never happen now that Telltale has gone under. Though it may be for the best since Telltale wasn't putting in the time to make quality stories any more. Still, I'd love something set in the world of Fables again.

I would love a properly done sequel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reboot: Legacy of Kain (especially Soul Reaver). Panzer Dragoon Saga. Silent Hill. Skies of Arcadia.
Sequels: Viva Piñata. Alan Wake. Quantum Break. Splinter Cell. Knights of the Old Republic. Prey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
You should really buy it!
badge
Friday, June 28 2019!
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Mario Odyssey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McLaughlin
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Tasty Bacon! Crispy Bacon! I'd get it myself but I don't have THUMBS
badge
WHERE IS IT!? Where's the BACON??
mbmbmbmbmb
Megaman Legends

It was already in the works. Give it back! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Allbritain
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Climber sequel which I thought was going to be confirmed at E3 but wasn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Hanses
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
L A Noire got a mention above that reminded me how much I loved it. I would totally take a spiritual sequel to that. In fact, one was supposed to be in production, but I suppose it's gotten lost in production hell.

I intended to mention Hero-U above and then forgot it. It's actually a sequel series to Quest for Glory by Lori & Cory Cole. They put out the first game, but whether there's ever a sequel depends on how well the game sells. I would say the game is worth it because I love that nutty universe and I want to see how the rest of the university works (the first game is a Rogue-focused story).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mysti_Fogg wrote:
Framed I'd love to see them expand the story. They don't have too much plot, it's basically a McGuffin hunt, so I could see them doing more eventually, but they'd probably want to make sure it had that same noir feeling.

There is a sequel: Framed 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
So I take it people have completely given up on Half-Life 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It starts like hello and ends like goodbye...
badge
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sykurmoli wrote:

Lord Gaben said some time last year that the game was completely cancelled due to an incident the exact nature of which I can't remember. Any last shred of hope we had has been disintegrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
VanillaCokeMule wrote:
Sykurmoli wrote:

Lord Gaben said some time last year that the game was completely cancelled due to an incident the exact nature of which I can't remember.

Resonance cascade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Hanses
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Mysti_Fogg wrote:

There is a sequel: Framed 2.

True. I was thinking in terms of the FRAMED Collection. I don't know where the story could go since 2 is basically a prequel, but since it's basically spy vs. spy, there could always be a new villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Phantasy Star V and Grandia IV and Skies of Arcadia II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
TCG Kirby wrote:
Ice Climber sequel which I thought was going to be confirmed at E3 but wasn't.

There's an impressive amount of hype though for this game which probably doesn't even exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mount and Blade Warbands
Supposedly they are making a sequel, I dont believe it.

Kings Field- First person close combat has come a long way and this was the only weak aspect of the series (I personally like it though). My heart skips a beat thinking what they could do with the graphics and atmosphere.

Darklands- Make it in Norman Southern Italy with Muslim Sicily, Western Byzantium and Rome on the periphery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think they should reboot The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and release it on all generation 7, 8, and 9 consoles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McLaughlin
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Tasty Bacon! Crispy Bacon! I'd get it myself but I don't have THUMBS
badge
WHERE IS IT!? Where's the BACON??
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
I really think they should reboot The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and release it on all generation 7, 8, and 9 consoles.

Todd? Is that you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.