Warsong
Slay the Spire
Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Limbo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Galactic Civilizations III
Istanbul: Digital Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
RWBY: Amity Arena
Evolution
Super Mario Kart
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
The Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong Country
Spot: The Video Game
BMX Simulator
Phantasy Star II
Super Mario Land
Jet Grind Radio
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Brave Fencer Musashi
The Orange Box
Sonic & Knuckles
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Ultima IV Part 2: "Dude, Where's My Avatar?"
NHL Hockey
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Batman (1986)
Diner Dash
Terminal Velocity
Mighty Bombjack
Kirby's Dream Land
Ristar
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Video Game» Forums » Video Game Related » General Video Gaming

Subject: VGG QOTD 2019 June 12 - What video game controller is your favorite? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite is the Warthog HOTAS with some pedals. Sadly there isn't a single game out there that supports it and that I like. While Elite Dangerous has great support the game itself is completely boring. I really need a new Strike Commander or Wing Commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother had that giant Xbox mech game controller... Steel Battallion? It was a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
shelflife3000 wrote:
Am I the only fan of the classic DualShock? Maybe it's because I have so much nostalgia for the PlayStation and PS2, but I've always loved the feel of the DualShock, specifically the DualShock 2.

Not at all. I came in here to post the PS1 Dual Shock. I love it so much that I have adapters to use it on several different consoles. I use it on the Gamecube, PS1, Original Xbox, PC, and Dreamcast.

I've been a fan of the Playstation controllers ever since the Dual Shock (the original PS1 controller wasn't all that great), however, I don't like when they switched to Triggers for L2/R2 instead of buttons. I don't play enough racing and FPS games to need triggers, and they aren't super useful for other types of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
shelflife3000 wrote:
Am I the only fan of the classic DualShock? Maybe it's because I have so much nostalgia for the PlayStation and PS2, but I've always loved the feel of the DualShock, specifically the DualShock 2.
The Dualshock 4 is great, except for the stupid tiny options button and pointless touchpad. If these were normal buttons like on DS3 I'd vote for DS4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
shelflife3000 wrote:
The Dualshock 4 is great, except for the stupid tiny options button and pointless touchpad. If these were normal buttons like on DS3 I'd vote for DS4.

Dual Shock 4 was the first DS I really liked the the analog sticks. I never felt I could get the same precision as an Xbox controller before DS4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mouse/Keyboard, of course. Since I play a lot of shooters, I'd want to use the only good control scheme for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MeteorBear wrote:
My brother had that giant Xbox mech game controller... Steel Battallion? It was a lot of fun.
So, not these? laugh

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/11/30/metal-gear-stup...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
MeteorBear wrote:
So, not these? laugh

Making fun of Halo AND the Duke in the same cartoon, blasphemy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
The Original Xbox Controller.

I have big hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I like the PS4 controller. Not many gamers I've played have made use of the touchpad functionality, but it's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
MeteorBear wrote:
So, not these? laugh

The original Xbox controller was just the worst. I hated that thing. Bulky and uncomfortable, and the buttons were too far apart from each other for no reason.

Here's another comic about it:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Xbone controller is the best feeling one I've ever used. I like it a lot.

I have a soft spot for the N64 controller. It is quite comfrotable and the analogue stick feels more precise with slight movements than any of the newer controllers. The analogue stick is prone to break, though, and it doesn't feel great on your thumb after a while.

My main preference for things that aren't racing or platforming games is the keyboard and mouse, but I wouldn't call that a "controller".

The Oculus Touch controllers are pretty neat. Certainly much better than the Vive wands, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
I have a soft spot for the N64 controller. It is quite comfrotable and the analogue stick feels more precise with slight movements than any of the newer controllers. The analogue stick is prone to break, though, and it doesn't feel great on your thumb after a while.
The part in Mario Party 1 where you need to twirl it in circles certainly "helped" with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hill
United States
The Republic of Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention how great the Steam controller is. I use it for all my old RPG's that have no controller support. Its biggest weakness are games like Starcraft, better than a normal controller but cannot compete with a mouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.