Subject: As I'm Playing: Journey (Spoiler Warning) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers may appear without further warning within this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
This space for notes:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloading the game right now.

Interesting to note that I gave money to Epic games before spending any at GOG. Despite GOG having been in existence far longer and I don't think I have heard any criticism of their company, only players lauding them. On the other hand lot's of people are upset about Epic, and not just because they are upset games are showing up there rather than on Steam.

I guess their push to have exclusive titles is working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I have wanted to play for a really long time. Thankfully it is no longer a console exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not understanding some of these graphics settings.

MSAA
FXAA
Vertical Sync
Anisotropy

I'm heading off to google.

-Couldn't find much. I made some choices and we will see how things go I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not seeing anyone else yet. Not sure if no one else playing right now or if that comes later.

Lots of what look like graves around. I'm heading toward a shiny light in the mid distance. Not the mountain light I assume is the goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can jump now.

Games graphics and music are quite beautiful and draw me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of scarves and symbols. I guess I am supposed to make my scarf longer on the way to the mountain?

I opened a big gate.

Still haven't seen any other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to go after white symbols, scarves and mini-scarf bits. Seems to be pretty good. I built part of a scarf bridge. It doesn't connect to where I can reach it just yet, so I'll continue to look for scarves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Created a scarf bridge. I could be a completionist and look for more white symbols to lengthen my own scarf, but I think I will cross the bridge instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no other people, but I unleashed a scarf and I think it wants me to follow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I unleashed a bunch more scarf monsters. Luckily they all seem to be going the same direction.

I think the number of white symbols on my cape is home many times I can jump/fly. So I'm going to be more careful with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying scarf monsters replenish my scarf, at least sometimes. So I'm staying with them for sure. And they are leading me to buildings.

I wonder if scarf monsters appear for everyone or if they are a mechanism for players who enter the game when no one else is playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the scarf monsters are leading me to release more scarf monsters. I'm already greatly outnumbered by them. I hope they don't turn on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
I don't know about the first two settings but the Vertical Sync is for when you want your computer to look like a 1960s television, and Anisotropy is for making the game taste like licorice.

(I think the first two are probably anti-aliasing settings)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just released a large number of scarves. They sound like dolphins, so my first instinct is to call them a pod. But on the other hand they fly, so maybe they are a flock of scarves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandboarding interlude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a white symbol I couldn't figure out how to reach.

Thought maybe I could access it from the other side, but alas the game gave me another sandboarding interlude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark and ominous and thunderclouds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it's like I'm underwater and there is a giant creature that ate a scarf.

soblue

Looks like it is after me now and I am meant to avoid it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no other players. Wonder if being an older game no one else is interested. Or maybe since I'm playing in the middle of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you check your online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another searcher got activated and is after me. I'm hiding under a structure.

I don't think I have any extra lives, so I don't want to get seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
Not sure how.

-I've got options for Language, Audio, Graphics and Control.

Nothing for Online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
manukajoe wrote:
Not sure how.
there's a menu on the ps version.

Edit oh actually i you just have to login/logout of psn. It's not a menu. So online should be automatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |