Subject: As I'm Playing: Journey (Spoiler Warning) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got options for Language, Audio, Graphics and Control.

Nothing for Online.

And exiting the game looking for a menu means I have to start from the beginning.

soblue

Maybe this being a PC game rather than PS means it no longer supports multiplayer. Or maybe there just isn't anyone else playing right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it has autosave After each level.

I'd be surprised if you didn't meet other players. Even in New Zealand on PS3 I usually meet at least one or two, and things are very dead down here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Well starting over. Probably won't have much to say until I reach the searchers again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
Pretty sure it has autosave After each level.
When I exited to the game there was an option to continue.

When I exited to desktop I have only the option to start.

If I hadn't exited to desktop I could have continued from where I was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to reddit the PC version does include multiplayer.

I didn't see another person the whole time I had been playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched a video. Apparently at least on the PS version you are best to connect in the scarf bridge area and have to have the same number of segments built to connect.

Since I have to start the game over anyway I'll look around there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess you would need to be logged on to your Epic account to be connected to the servers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
I watched a video. Apparently at least on the PS version you are best to connect in the scarf bridge area and have to have the same number of segments built to connect.

Since I have to start the game over anyway I'll look around there.
Yes I often meet people there before I've built any segments. Or in the desert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
I would guess you would need to be logged on to your Epic account to be connected to the servers?
I'm not really sure how to do that or how to check if I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I don't know what multiplayer could bring to the table.

Unless another player can charge my scarf so we can spend more time flying/jumping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is definitely no one else here. I have spent a fair amount of time in the scarf bridge area.

So either you have to toggle multiplayer on/off in a hidden place I never found or no one else is playing right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I would prefer to play alone my first time. But that might be because I am antisocial and like to take my time! I like playing this game as a relaxing comfort food. I've 100%-ed it and played it several times. Sorry this hasn't been smooth for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to say what trouble I'm experiencing for being a PC novice and what trouble because it's not a great port. And can't tell if no one else playinf or if I'm doing something wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least I know the game only holds your progress until you exit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably won't have much to say until I catch back up to the searchers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find a yellow flower with shiny sparkles around it in the cotton candy section. But I couldn't interact with it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get that white symbol I couldn't reach last time. I think I have found more of them even up to that point which gave me more flight time.

I guess getting more symbols allows you to further get more symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it back to the searchers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple searchers nearly got me, but they were scared off by the spotlights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into another person, but since they vanished after that section I think it was AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They came back, but lost them in the snow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got found by the searchers in the snow. They ate my beautiful scarf.
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Ran into another person, but since they vanished after that section I think it was AI.
There's no AI pilgrims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to try the game again and hopefully do better against the searchers so I don't lose my scarf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
frumpish wrote:
There's no AI pilgrims.
So it was another person then. I thought I was too far in the game to find someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |