Warsong
Slay the Spire
Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Limbo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Galactic Civilizations III
Istanbul: Digital Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
RWBY: Amity Arena
Evolution
Super Mario Kart
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
The Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong Country
Spot: The Video Game
BMX Simulator
Phantasy Star II
Super Mario Land
Jet Grind Radio
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Brave Fencer Musashi
The Orange Box
Sonic & Knuckles
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Ultima IV Part 2: "Dude, Where's My Avatar?"
NHL Hockey
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Batman (1986)
Diner Dash
Terminal Velocity
Mighty Bombjack
Kirby's Dream Land
Ristar
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
87 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 

Video Game» Forums » Bazaar » Hot Deals

Subject: Steam Summer Sale 2019 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the discount coupon was always going to be out of my reach unless I spent way more than I wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily the worst sale event ever. Crappily designed, poorly thought out, confusingly implemented (I still see people who have no clue how it works). It was like studying for a test just to figure out what I needed to do to get the annual badge that I always make. And to top it all off, crappy discounts on the whole.

I spent the first 8 days playing my current game 6+ hours every day, but because it had uplay achievements rather than steam, none of it counted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Easily the worst sale event ever. Crappily designed, poorly thought out, confusingly implemented (I still see people who have no clue how it works). It was like studying for a test just to figure out what I needed to do to get the annual badge that I always make. And to top it all off, crappy discounts on the whole.

I spent the first 8 days playing my current game 6+ hours every day, but because it had uplay achievements rather than steam, none of it counted.

I have to admit, I didn't even notice there was an event on... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
What's "story" got to do with it?
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
Cricky wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

I have to admit, I didn't even notice there was an event on... shake

I only noticed because of this thread. And I still don't know what Steam badges, levels, or tokens are. Just never looked around for such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
jesslc wrote:
Flyboy Connor wrote:
The only good thing about this 'game' is that you can redeem tokens to increase your Steam level. If you were lacking the ability to have enough Steam friends, you can now easily get a high Steam rank.

Thank you for giving me something (vaguely) useful to do with all these tokens. I didn’t really want emoticons I probably wouldn't use or backgrounds I definitely won't use, and I didn't realise the badge could be leveled up tons of times.

Yeah, I'm going to end the event less than halfway to the free $5 game coupon, so I guess it's levels for me as well.
Where even is the option to increase levels? All I see is the coupon, a badge, wallpapers, and chat emotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
Where even is the option to increase levels? All I see is the coupon, a badge, wallpapers, and chat emotes.

On https://store.steampowered.com/pitstop directly above "Profile Backgrounds". The section is called "Premium Rewards".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just invest in the badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was tempted to buy Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension and Submerged but I successfully resisted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
What's "story" got to do with it?
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
Cricky wrote:
I was tempted to buy Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension ...

I was too, and I also resisted. I came up with some reasons for resisting: (1) I don't want to settle for Dom4 when Dom5 is out, and (2) years ago I had one of those games (Dom2, I think), and I ran out of patience long before I even learned how to play.

I need to remind myself that although I have a lot of stamina or tenacity (I'll play a good game over and over forever, putting in long hours and never tiring of it), I don't always have a lot of patience. I can easily be overwhelmed or discouraged by too much fussy detail, by the need to practice timing and precision, or even by the sheer size of something. And the complexity and nuance of Dominions is more than enough to discourage me.

(Now if only I hadn't made the mistake of buying Stellaris. So far, it looks like a game that demands more patience than I can rouse.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally failed resisting Zaccaria Pinball (Steam):
- I started the sale with their Retro Pack for 0.79€.
- Then I continued with their Starter Pack for 3.39€.
- Now the "Platinum Pack Bundle" says "Collection Complete! 69 of 69 items from this collection are already in your library."
- But that bundle did not include the (great!) soundtrack, which I bought yesterday. They are just .ogg files, so I can transfer them to my music players.

But hey, this way I got the 5€ coupon

Some hints if someone wants to try the same:
- Buying the Starter Pack and then the Platinum Pack Bundle is cheaper than directly buying the Platinum Bundle due to a higher discount for the first and the "complete your bundle" feature for the second.
- Don't buy the Retro Pack, the retro versions of the tables are included with the regular versions, and in addition to the one table you get for free, you can try all other tables for free (with a score limit) before purchasing tables or packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasAH wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

On https://store.steampowered.com/pitstop directly above "Profile Backgrounds". The section is called "Premium Rewards".
The only things that show up under premium rewards for me are the $5 off, which I don't have enough for, and the badge, which is only 100 tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

The only things that show up under premium rewards for me are the $5 off, which I don't have enough for, and the badge, which is only 100 tokens.

Get the badge and then you can level it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.