Warsong
Slay the Spire
Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Limbo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Galactic Civilizations III
Istanbul: Digital Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
RWBY: Amity Arena
Evolution
Super Mario Kart
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
The Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong Country
Spot: The Video Game
BMX Simulator
Phantasy Star II
Super Mario Land
Jet Grind Radio
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Brave Fencer Musashi
The Orange Box
Sonic & Knuckles
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Ultima IV Part 2: "Dude, Where's My Avatar?"
NHL Hockey
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Batman (1986)
Diner Dash
Terminal Velocity
Mighty Bombjack
Kirby's Dream Land
Ristar
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
manukajoe wrote:
middletonner wrote:
I'm gonna second The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is by far the most full a game world has ever been.

I'm also enjoying the heck out of Final Fantasy XV, or as we call it in the house: Final Fantasy: State Parks. It has been fun to see how they took many of the final fantasy environments we all expect and made them look plausible.
Can you explain about the "final fantasy environments". I've played only a few FF games and I didn't get many references while running around State Park.

I think they have done a pretty good job within the series of making things consistent even though the games, their worlds, and in some cases style are different. For example, most of the monsters have been identifiable across all the recent titles so at a glance a player will have a clue as to how to beat it (assuming there is any strategy other than "beat it up" involved). In XV the terrain has been a similar, but on an aesthetic level. Big gnarly trees and a stream? There's gonna also be some oversized mushrooms and indigo colored flowers somewhere in that area, too. Little things like that. They have pulled a ton of content out of the older games for fans, but the flipside is that those little nods have made some of the terrain seem like it could fit into any other FF game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It starts like hello and ends like goodbye...
badge
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
MeteorBear wrote:
Morrowind- Fascinating world, my biggest problem is I would rather just explore and talk to people than do the main quest.

It definitely is! If the center of the island wasn't a blighted wasteland, it would be higher on my list of favorite worlds to explore!

Yep. I would love it if the game was a bit more intuitive. I have neither the artistic skill or time to draw out maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.