Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, Chinese products are known to be cheap - but this one here still seems to be too good to be true:
A GETWORTH R35 High End Gaming Desktop Computer Desk on Wish for less than $2(!)

It have a Gigabyte GA-Z370P-D3 motherboard, Intel i7 8700K CPU, a Colorful GTX1060-6GD5 graphics card (6 GB), 8 GB DDR4 RAM (64 GB supported), 240 GB AData SSD, ID-Cooling FrostStorm 120 water cooling, WD Multicore 500w PSU and a Segotep R35 LUX tower - no mouse, keyboard or screens... But installed with Windows 10 Home - probably in Chinese! laugh
It may not be the newest of hardware, but still the price tag baffles me!

All for a price of $1.30 - now, that sounds like a real bargain! Well... if it really exists - and if it does exists, I wonder how much Chinese Intelligence spyware is installed

Now... a compare from another site (with a more or less only the CPU being i7 7700K CPU instead of i7 8700K) - price tag: $700
Link

Hmm.... sounds too good to be true! Maybe it's just a wish come true (pun intended)
Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what will actually arrive if you buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
I wonder what will actually arrive if you buy it.
I have been considering it the freight price is the same as the item price (also sounds too good to be true!) - so the loss isn't too big. And I might even get it all ($3) refunded if the shipping is late, so I might even not loose anything apart from my pride laugh

Okay... I'm gonna do it! Stay tuned... Update in... about a month or two laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Made you look!
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like this product no longer exists. Man, I really wanted to see what $1.30 water cooling would get me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tdphillips wrote:
It looks like this product no longer exists. Man, I really wanted to see what $1.30 water cooling would get me.
Could be region specific, because when I open up the link I still see it - but now the price is dumped - they are literally giving them away now! But the postage have doubled - so the total price is still the same.

I have however often seen crazy thins on Wish' links - and also tested the link again but in a different browser and get a 404... So, yes maybe they pulled it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a 404 dead link now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
paralipsis wrote:
Same.
I was getting the same, then logged into my Wish account and tried the link again.

It seems to be able to see Wish links you need to have an account and be logged in.
I've added a screenshot of the entire description earlier today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fireball!
badge
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to see what comes if this is ordered, haha. If a completed unit does come, what's the over/under on how soon the PSU catches fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McLaughlin
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
What was in that cake, Dr??
badge
AROOOOO! BACON! You're made of BACON!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For this price, unless it is a box of bees it should be worth whatever laughs it garners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
flaeryn wrote:
paralipsis wrote:
Same.
I was getting the same, then logged into my Wish account and tried the link again.

It seems to be able to see Wish links you need to have an account and be logged in.

You're right.

Okay. I'm game. Lets see what happens with this thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:
flaeryn wrote:
paralipsis wrote:
Same.

You're right.

Okay. I'm game. Lets see what happens with this thing.

This is going to be interesting! Keep me updated (mine is also in "Processing by July 8th") - it's going to be interesting to see what will turn up - and if there are any differences in our packages! Unfortunately shipping after China is handled by the Swedish post (Post Norden) - meaning it will be extremely slow just to arrive from the Airport to me! I miss the good old days when we still had our own postal service (Post Danmark); the merger with the Swedish (who also is the main owner) was one of the worst political decisions this decade... Hopefully Bring will bring it faster to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
This is going to be interesting! Keep me updated (mine is also in "Processing by July 8th") - it's going to be interesting to see what will turn up - and if there are any differences in our packages! Unfortunately shipping after China is handled by the Swedish post (Post Norden) - meaning it will be extremely slow just to arrive from the Airport to me! I miss the good old days when we still had our own postal service (Post Danmark); the merger with the Swedish (who also is the main owner) was one of the worst political decisions this decade... Hopefully Bring will bring it faster to you!
If there is actually something shipped that is even vaguely computer-like, then I imagine I'm going to have some problems with Toll. I don't think they are used to letting computers into the country without charging significant import duties. Not many PCs come in under the 350,- threshold for untaxed imports. Once you include postage, not even the Raspberry Pi 4 1GB escapes getting taxed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:
If there is actually something shipped that is even vaguely computer-like, then I imagine I'm going to have some problems with Toll. I don't think they are used to letting computers into the country without charging significant import duties. Not many PCs come in under the 350,- threshold for untaxed imports. Once you include postage, not even the Raspberry Pi 4 1GB escapes getting taxed.
We have the same issue (our limit is DKK 80), but then again since I can prove my invoice states DKK 18 as total price, they actually have to let it in duty free - regardless of how stupid it may seem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deal now got even better! €2 including shipping!

It went from DKK 9 + DKK 9 = DKK 18
to DKK 0 + DKK 18 = DKK 18 (= €2.50)
to now DKK 7 + DKK 8 = DKK 15 (= €2.-)
And a before price of DKK 994,134 (€ 133,000 or $ 150k) - now that I find seriously over priced! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
How to get your spam bot servers into other countries ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Or send random junk
I still don't believe it will be anything remotely interesting laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
eracer68 wrote:
Or send random junk
I still don't believe it will be anything remotely interesting laugh
Yeah. I consider the odds of success in this venture just marginally higher than using The Secret.

If I got a spam bot server, I'd be thrilled. Even if I got a case with a Raspeberry Pi Nano faked to be a PC along with a few bricks to sell the illusion (and it was still just a spam bot server), that would be super awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably going to be a thin metal box filled with nuclear waste which they are not allowed to dump in their own country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
It is probably going to be a thin metal box filled with nuclear waste which they are not allowed to dump in their own country.
I'd put the odds of that higher than getting a working PC out of the deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam Ledivin
Norway
Røyken
Buskerud
flag msg tools
I literally just ran into this item while browsing through wish, I'm interested in seeing if it's true or not. coolcool, ill be waiting for the results from those who have ordered it, thanks for taking one for the teammeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
admin
Seaman recruit
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
osiris7 wrote:
I literally just ran into this item while browsing through wish, I'm interested in seeing if it's true or not. coolcool, ill be waiting for the results from those who have ordered it, thanks for taking one for the teammeeple
Same seller also have a Colorful iGame GTX1080Ti Vulcan 11GB graphics card.
Link (will require login at Wish)

But here is a nice description:
Quote:
Dear customer,
We grant our best effort to present you the best.Various gifts are approaching to you.
Would you like to make surprise for your friends,your parents,your Kids,yourselfs or your lovely do? Our gifts varying from bracelet,watch,rings,necklace,underwear,cosmetic products,earphones,toys,or even the video card,as the main pitcture shows,It deserves your luck.No matter what you receive,It is the god granting for you.Hope you have good luck.

Colorful iGame GTX1080Ti Vulcan AD graphics card is based on the NVIDIA Pascal architecture. The latest addition to the ultimate gaming platform, this card is packed with extreme gaming horsepower, next-gen 11Gbps GDDR5X memory, and a massive 11GB frame buffer.
So basically a $2.70 "lottery ticket"...?

This made me want to check the description of the "computer" again - but it does not say anything about a surprise. The price have gone up however! Now it's $3 including shipping ($2.70 when I bought it). But the description is "legit" for a PC - unlike the graphic card which have the "surpruse" followed by a detailed description of the graphic card (main prize?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Wikipedia article on Wish is worth reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_(company)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Perhaps Wikipedia article on Wish is worth reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_(company)
The wikipedia entry mostly talks about it being a haven for counterfeit goods. Even counterfeit hardware should cost more than what Jørgen and I have paid for this thing.

I can't believe you could even pay someone to move a PC to another room for the price being charged, let alone internationally as well as pay for the goods themselves. I don't know what the scam is, but it's something other than that. It may well be as simple as hoping that people won't force charge-backs for such a small amount, and they make money that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
I also find this add on wish and thought I would give it a try with my bf.
Thinking it was too good to be true I just found this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIhH7ReNIY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |