The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Lanterns: The Harvest Festival
Lotus
The Elder Scrolls: Legends
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Perudo: The Pirate Dice Game
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
House Party
Qwixx
Istanbul: Digital Edition
Red Dead Redemption II
Eternal
Scythe: Digital Edition
Terraforming Mars
Portal (2007)
Darksiders
Luigi's Mansion
World of Warcraft
The World Ends with You
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero GX
NetHack
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II – Dwarf Fortress
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Yoshi's Island DS
Fallout (1997)
Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia
Mortal Kombat (1992)
Pit-Fighter
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Console/PC)
Star Control II
Marvel Trading Card Game
Super Smash Bros. Melee
SimAnt
SimIsle
RoboSport
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!
Alien Syndrome (1987)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Titanic Adventure Out Of Time
Clue
Langrisser II
Lost Secret of the Rainforest
Rock Band 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Swords & Soldiers
Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
148 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  | 

Video Game» Forums » VGG Related » VGG Bugs

Subject: One System to Rule them All: The Duplicates thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: vgg [+] [View All]
Todd Lazure
Canada
Airdrie
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting this again from the other thread I (erroneously) made.

There appears to be two Shining franchises:

Shining
Shining

They appear to have quite a few games in common, but a few games fall into only one or the other for some reason, though they should all be part of the same franchise.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsune5010 wrote:
Posting this again from the other thread I (erroneously) made.

There appears to be two Shining franchises:

Shining
Shining

They appear to have quite a few games in common, but a few games fall into only one or the other for some reason, though they should all be part of the same franchise.


merged

ID 17405 remains Shining
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Small World 2
Small World 2

These are the exact same game. I have already began submitting corrections for Small World 2. Small World 2 can be deleted/merged.

Here's the history:
This was originally released for iPad in 2010. Days of Wonder ran a kickstarter campaign in 2013 to implement additional platform support. They new updates were dubbed Small World 2, but it is still the same game. Expansions have also been added that are supported on all platforms (I've submitted corrections for those as well, but there were no duplicate listings).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing two entries for Condado.

http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/104217/condado
http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/125713/condado

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:


MERGED ID 104217 survives Condado
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Small World gets skipped/ignored?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Merry Xmas...
badge
...and a Happy Newyear!
Avatar
mb
wizcreations wrote:
Small World gets skipped/ignored?
No. I'll deal with SW this week - is my plan.
However, Small World is far more complicated. Currently in the queues we have new Small World releases, corrections on the game and corrections on releases. First I have to find out what's going on, then what it should look like and then handle 3 queues plus merging, to get it all sorted out. You're not the only SW expert, it seems. And when this is done, I will be one too.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good
I tried to put appropriate notes in all my corrections to make it easy on you. In summary:

gameid 151987 (Android version) can be removed/merged into the other one.
gameid 77097 (iPad version) should be kept.

I submitted all the necessary corrections to gameid 77097 (iPad version), to include adding the version information for Android and the other operating systems. I also submitted corrections for each expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Sounds good
I tried to put appropriate notes in all my corrections to make it easy on you. In summary:

gameid 151987 Small World 2 (Android version) can be removed/merged into the other one.
gameid 77097 Small World 2 (iPad version) should be kept.

I submitted all the necessary corrections to gameid 77097 (iPad version), to include adding the version information for Android and the other operating systems. I also submitted corrections for each expansion.


I formatted the game links into your post
I agree with Matthijs about these entries

I see at least 4 new releases and multiple corrections

the geek gets many corrections
some are very poor and without information
... or links to the other entries/versions related to the problem

not all corrections are correct
I have seen many corrections to modify an entry from product A into product B
(I do very few VGG corrections)

there are two products A and B
removing one or or changing to the other is wrong
... when a user is told NO and they are wrong .. they complain

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stargate wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
Sounds good
I tried to put appropriate notes in all my corrections to make it easy on you. In summary:

gameid 151987 Small World 2 (Android version) can be removed/merged into the other one.
gameid 77097 Small World 2 (iPad version) should be kept.

I submitted all the necessary corrections to gameid 77097 (iPad version), to include adding the version information for Android and the other operating systems. I also submitted corrections for each expansion.


I formatted the game links into your post
I agree with Matthijs about these entries

I see at least 4 new releases and multiple corrections

the geek gets many corrections
some are very poor and without information
... or links to the other entries/versions related to the problem

not all corrections are correct
I have seen many corrections to modify an entry from product A into product B
(I do very few VGG corrections)

there are two products A and B
removing one or or changing to the other is wrong
... when a user is told NO and they are wrong .. they complain



MERGED ID 77097 remains Small World 2
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I just spotted a duplicate entry for Tetris.

This recent submission:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/162153/tetris

Should be merged with the existing entry for Tetris:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/70672/tetris

Where it already exists as this version:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogameversion/95906/dos-download...

In addition, images for this version are already in the database:

http://videogamegeek.com/image/973123/tetris
http://videogamegeek.com/image/973122/tetris

Finally, I removed the header from the new Tetris entry (pending removal) which claimed that the DOS version was "unlicensed", as it links to a page explaining that the program was written by the original designers of Tetris.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Similar to the above. An entry has been added for a DOS game that is purported to be an "unlicensed" version of Snake.

The problem is that the existing VGG Snake entry describes a class of games (as noted in the linked Wikipedia article) and the DOS game more properly belonged to the existing video game entry as a release. In addition, as Snake refers to a class of games, it would seem that there is no such thing as an "unlicensed" version of Snake.

I was just about to wrap up this bug report when I noted there are TWO "unlicensed" Snake entries. So...

This:

Snake

AND this:

Snake

Should be deleted and/or folded into this previously existing entry:

Snake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The Maverick wrote:
I just spotted a duplicate entry for Tetris.

This recent submission:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/162153/tetris

Should be merged with the existing entry for Tetris:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogame/70672/tetris

Where it already exists as this version:

http://videogamegeek.com/videogameversion/95906/dos-download...

In addition, images for this version are already in the database:

http://videogamegeek.com/image/973123/tetris
http://videogamegeek.com/image/973122/tetris

Finally, I removed the header from the new Tetris entry (pending removal) which claimed that the DOS version was "unlicensed", as it links to a page explaining that the program was written by the original designers of Tetris.

And... should the following game also be joined into the main Tetris entry as well? This one may actually qualify as unlicensed, but there's no reason it cannot be labelled as such as a release, right?

VGA Tetris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A Sárga Lovag wrote:
[person=77535][/person]
and the artist
Sándor Zubály
are the same person.

Could you merge them please?


ID 77535 was just approved yesterday
I moved the credits to the older entry entry and added the alternate name
the new entry has been deleted

** this is the VGG Duplicate Thread, do not report People duplicates here

the VGG domain does not include people credits

there is a similar thread on RPGG, people problems can be reported there
There can be Only One: The Duplicates thread


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lazure
Canada
Airdrie
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The following:

http://www.videogamegeek.com/videogame/159836/atelier-rorona...

Is a duplicate entry of:

http://www.videogamegeek.com/videogame/76930/atelier-rorona-...

The 'Plus' versions of these games do have some re-worked mechanics, new features, and minor DLC included within them. However, the following game from the same series has the 'Plus' versions already included within the same Game entry:

http://www.videogamegeek.com/videogame/105566/atelier-meruru...

Either the two Rorona entries need to be merged, or the Meruru entry needs to be split to maintain consistency.

Edit: I discovered that Totori, also in the same series, has the 'Plus' versions in one entry. I suppose this indicates that the Rorona entries need to be merged after all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Delete this:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Because it is a duplicate of this:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maverick wrote:
Delete this:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Because it is a duplicate of this:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game


Games MERGED
the extra version is gone

the survivor is Star Wars: The Arcade Game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
This:

Tank

Should be combined with this:

Tank!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
These games are the same:

Dung Beetles
Tumble Bugs

I'd say combine the latter entry into the former...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
HOW ABOUT SOME ATTENTION FOR THIS CORRECTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN GROWING STALE IN THIS THREAD?

Oh, and this game:

Air Boarder

Should be combined with this one:

Air Boarder 64
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone is watching this thread

when I did these corrections as
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I found this thread and the similar thread on the RPGG domain to be problematic

the best way to address the problems raised in this thread is ...

use the correction feature
be sure to provide support for any proposals

this way, the admins can research the issues that are raised
and then make the proper dispositions

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Evil Stargate wrote:
I don't think anyone is watching this thread

They should probably un-pin the thread then... along with the thread for items that need to be split which is also pinned at the top of the VGG Bugs forum.

But really, no admins are watching the Bugs forum?!?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maverick wrote:
Evil Stargate wrote:
I don't think anyone is watching this thread

They should probably un-pin the thread then... along with the thread for items that need to be split which is also pinned at the top of the VGG Bugs forum.

But really, no admins are watching the Bugs forum?!?!


* on the Geek most BUG reports concern system problems, not corrections
.. the Geek developers handle those problems, none of the VGG database admins are developers

* I have unpinned the thread

* this thread is now locked
.. please use the correction feature to report duplicates
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.