Demon's Souls
Company of Heroes
Left 4 Dead
Tomb Raider Legend
City of Heroes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Strikers 1945
The Witcher
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Console/PC)
echochrome
Boom Blox Bash Party
Pushover
Citadel (BBC Micro)
Quake III: Arena
Adventureland
Super Street Fighter IV
Front Mission 4
Cross Days
Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland
Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Just Cause
Fallen London
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
The Witness (2016)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Carcassonne (2010 / Mobile)
Battle of the Bulge
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Pandemic: The Board Game
Talisman: Digital Edition
inFAMOUS Second Son
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the thread to post your ideas, requests and submit new designs.

The Microbadge wiki entry contains further general microbadge information.
The Microbadge Design and Submission wiki entry contains all you should need to know about designing and submitting microbadges.
Besides this very thread, you may also use the Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist (permanently offline) to request new microbadge creations.
Subscribe to the New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread to periodically be informed of the new microbadges that are approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't think there's a Ratchet and Clank Fan MB yet! This is criminal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
I don't think there's a Ratchet and Clank Fan MB yet! This is criminal!

Here's a Ratchet:

And a Clank:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:

Not quite enough ear there; Any chance of an extreme close-up with the focus on one eye and one ear? I mean a pose similar to those on the game covers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oskari wrote:
garion wrote:

Not quite enough ear there; Any chance of an extreme close-up with the focus on one eye and one ear? I mean a pose similar to those on the game covers.

Half a face looks a bit weird at 16x16... What if I lower the head 1 pixel and use that pixel to extend the ears?

(no full transparency here but that will be fixed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
VGG microbadgers should show up and meet their fellow friendly microbadgers at the Microbadge Focus guild.

You should also subscribe to New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread in order to participate in the Microbadge of the Month contests and know what microbadges (from all geek sites) are being churned out by our wonderful designers.

For microbadger beginners, I'd recommend that you take a look at the Microbadge Design and Submission wiki entry; the process part might not be completely applicable, as it refers more to BGG's than VGG's, but you should get a fair amount of pointers on designing microbadges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmb
Probably a stupid question, but...
How are the MBs now organised? Is there one big bowl of MBs? Or does each division (boardgamegeek, videogamegeel and RPGgeek) have their own set of MBs?

In other words: I made a 'Total War series fan' MB in BGG. Should that be reposted here, or is it available for VGGers?

Edit: never mind.
I see my own MB under the Total War franchise. Someone has been sweet enough to place it there apparently kiss, thereby answering my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy an Escape Velocity Nova microbadge in a heartbeat, particularly if it featured a Modified Starbridge (or just a plain one). I'm not sure it's possible to get that kind of detail in 16x16 pixels, and I'm certainly not capable of it, though I've been very impressed by many of the badges others have created! Does somebody want to take a crack at it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should play Escape Velocity. Otherwise: http://evn.wikia.com/wiki/Modified_Starbridge http://evn.wikia.com/wiki/Starbridge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Geek sites link to the same Wiki, right? I'll try to update these Wiki pages sometime soon so that they work for VGG and RPGG.

Microbadge
Microbadge_Design_and_Submission

Sol, you're the VGG MB admin, right?

Does anyone have the link to the RPG MB thread? I can't seem to find it right now. And it's time for bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
All the Geek sites link to the same Wiki, right? I'll try to update these Wiki pages sometime soon so that they work for VGG and RPGG.

Microbadge
Microbadge_Design_and_Submission

Does anyone have the link to the RPG MB thread? I can't seem to find it right now. And it's time for bed.

http://rpg.geekdo.com/thread/469518/rpg-microbadges-official...

http://rpg.geekdo.com/thread/469515/rpg-microbadges-design-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmb
You mean the
RPG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
or the
RPG Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread ?

meeple

Edit: wow, Garion beat me by a sec.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I just found them too.
Looks like the Guild front page could use a touch of updating as well, but I really am supposed to be going to bed snore since I'm sick soblue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmb
Go to sleep, you silly.
In the safe knowledge that BGG, RPGG and VGG will still be there when you wake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
wildthayne wrote:
Thanks! I just found them too.
Looks like the Guild front page could use a touch of updating as well, but I really am supposed to be going to bed snore since I'm sick soblue.
Funny, I was just going to do that myself but I got a call (stupid working for a living.) Looks like it's taken care of now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mymil wrote:
I'd buy an Escape Velocity Nova microbadge in a heartbeat, particularly if it featured a Modified Starbridge (or just a plain one). I'm not sure it's possible to get that kind of detail in 16x16 pixels, and I'm certainly not capable of it, though I've been very impressed by many of the badges others have created! Does somebody want to take a crack at it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should play Escape Velocity. Otherwise: http://evn.wikia.com/wiki/Modified_Starbridge http://evn.wikia.com/wiki/Starbridge

Is this recognizable?

Or this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
He who searcheth the Hidden microbadges shall find a bunch of video game badges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:
Mymil wrote:

Is this recognizable?

Or this one...

These are nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:

For now I am That may change though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
Mymil wrote:

Is this recognizable?

Or this one...

These are nice!

I agree! I can certainly recognize them, perhaps the Arachnid even more than the Starbridge. I don't know how I feel about the shadow, though, because flying over land isn't something they normally do. Great job, and thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's not microbadges, and that you have almost 100 times the pixels to work with, but are any of you talented graphic designers are working on this contest (that has massive bag rewards)? Image contest - Create the VGG genres images
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have wo quite similar versions of a possible microbadge for the toy-racing game Re-Volt.

First image is only the Re-Volt bolt with a plain black background

Second image is the same image but made to look a bit button like. This is most likely best seen on a darker background

Quote:

I personally would like the first over the second. What is your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a microbadge for owner or fans of the "old" Gameboy Advanced:

Poll
Is this microbadge good enough for submission?
Yes
No
Needs some work
      6 answers
Poll created by Astartus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Astartus wrote:
Second image is the same image but made to look a bit button like. This is most likely best seen on a darker background

Microbadges are not displayed on a dark background, but I prefer the bottom one anyway. The button look makes it look less like you took the easy route by making it square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree. The pure black background, although looking good was kinda boring. Therefore I played around with some possible effects.

A third effect would be a small glow around the edges that makes the microbadge also look a little bit rounder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
badge
How about going with a dropshadow instead of a black square background:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [327] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.