The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Evolution
NetHack
Undertale
Evolution
San Juan
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Dungeon Scroll
Overcooked!
Prominence Poker
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
Gloomhaven
Wrath of the Gods
Final Fantasy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Fallout 3
Assassin's Creed
Chrono Trigger
Eye of the Beholder
World of Warcraft
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Scribblenauts
Monster Hunter Tri
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Psychonauts
Fallout (1997)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Punch-Out!! (2009)
Red Dead Redemption
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
Clubhouse Games
ActRaiser
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Portal 2
Corruption
BioShock Infinite
Spectromancer
Metroid: Other M
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Radiant Historia
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
Age of Empires: Mythologies
Front Mission 2
Crusader Kings II
Far Cry 3
Blue Dragon Plus
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Culp Smash
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just having fun knocking around the idea of a microbadge about a joke I enjoyed. That seems to be the spark from which most of the goofier microbadges that exist here on BGG came from. An idea born of harmless camaraderie seems to be a welcome thing this day and age, no matter what.

If a microbdage comes from it, then wonderful. If not, that's okay too.

I enjoy being silly together, with my fellow microbadgers. You help make this place the only social media site I ever want to be a part of.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
We might be able to use this next year


My inner garion's vote would be on a colourshifted version of Sjeng's.




I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible Culp wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Now to decide on the M/O.

Just "Make the red lighter" isn't that funny. Could also as well be a green lighter.

"Always make the red lighter when microbadging", to indicate that colours need extra saturation perhaps?


Or, "Serious microbadgers will tell you to make the red lighter." ?


TBH, it wasn't a "serious microbadger" who said that, it was me.

whistle

The MO would be more closer to the situation with something like:

"A good microbadger always makes the red lighter"

or

"A good microbadger would make the red lighter"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Now to decide on the M/O.

Just "Make the red lighter" isn't that funny.


Shouldn't it be an indication that this isn't the best idea for a badge when every suggestion you can make to improve the MO will only take it further from what sliver of a context existed in the first place
(Jack's "Rank Foo" gag, which so far as I know hasn't been given a badge)? It's not even a pun, just a homonym, and there are plenty of those.

As a random extra I'll show how far I got with my advent calendar design, before I chuck it in the graveyard:



At that point I tried to channel my inner garion and make the flap curve outwards and upwards, and gave it up after about twenty seconds.


Yup, pretty much this, too...

coolmeeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
We might be able to use this next year


My inner garion's vote would be on a colourshifted version of Sjeng's.




I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!


Let me complicate this a bit...

When I see the 1st image, I expected the left number to be a 7, since the one on the right is a 8. Like following the pages in a calendar...

How about using the image on the right, with some changes:
The square would have the 2-digit year number and the background colour of that year's supporter badge.

Make a 1 or 2 pixel offset border, in the previous year's supporter badge colour, like you're stacking pages on top of one another.

Edit
Very crude draft:




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
We might be able to use this next year


My inner garion's vote would be on a colourshifted version of Sjeng's.




I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!


Let me complicate this a bit...

When I see the 1st image, I expected the left number to be a 7, since the one on the right is a 8. Like following the pages in a calendar...

How about using the image on the right, with some changes:
The square would have the 2-digit year number and the background colour of that year's supporter badge.

Make a 1 or 2 pixel offset border, in the previous year's supporter badge colour, like you're stacking pages on top of one another.

the idea is like a cardboard advent calendar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
pfrsantos wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
We might be able to use this next year


My inner garion's vote would be on a colourshifted version of Sjeng's.




I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!


Let me complicate this a bit...

When I see the 1st image, I expected the left number to be a 7, since the one on the right is a 8. Like following the pages in a calendar...

How about using the image on the right, with some changes:
The square would have the 2-digit year number and the background colour of that year's supporter badge.

Make a 1 or 2 pixel offset border, in the previous year's supporter badge colour, like you're stacking pages on top of one another.

the idea is like a cardboard advent calendar


Ok, got it! Nothing like what I was suggesting, then...

blush
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

Poll
Should the red lighter be submitted?
Yes
No
      12 answers
Poll created by Red Eyed Jack
Just make the metal part more white/visible and you're good to go.

coollaughmeeple

The poll is 6-3 in favor of submitting, so I'm going to go ahead with it.

Here's an updated version:

->


Poll
Is this ready to submit?
Yes, ready to submit
No, still needs work
      8 answers
Poll created by Red Eyed Jack

And, here's a poll with the various mouseovers that have been suggested:
Poll
Which mouseover should be used for the red lighter?
Yup, but you need to make the red lighter, so it shows
Always make the red lighter when microbadging
Serious microbadgers will tell you to make the red lighter
A good microbadger always makes the red lighter
A good microbadger would make the red lighter
      7 answers
Poll created by Red Eyed Jack
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!


I'm not really following this, but, um, OK!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Miller, if this is going to hapen, I think the 1st MO is the way to go. It was what started it.

Just a couple of points:

1. The MO needs a period and quotation marks.
"Yup, but you need to make the red lighter, so it shows."

2. The MB description should have a link to the post, so it makes sense (unless we want to keep this a secret...).

coollaughmeeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:


Here's an updated version:

->

In the updated version the red looks lighter to me.
4 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
Well, Miller, if this is going to hapen, I think the 1st MO is the way to go. It was what started it.

Just a couple of points:

1. The MO needs a period and quotation marks.
"Yup, but you need to make the red lighter, so it shows."

2. The MB description should have a link to the post, so it makes sense (unless we want to keep this a secret...).

coollaughmeeple

Well, the 1st MO is in lead.

Good point about putting a link in the description so that it makes sense to people.

Grimwold wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
Here's an updated version:

->

In the updated version the red looks lighter to me.

I didn't change the red at all.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't a good microbadger HAVE made the red lighter etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:


Here's an updated version:

->

In the updated version the red looks lighter to me.
And another red lighter:


laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
I like it! Makes it look like the next step. So I'd keep the flap green, and the inside perhaps the 2019 teal supporter colour? So from then on we can use that as the variant? The very first one would be half open, being the start (in VGG green), and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours). I like it. Your Garion-Fu is strong Kaffe!


I'm not really following this, but, um, OK!



Allow me to explain:

The very first one is now half opened, being the start of the annual thing (in VGG green)
and after that they'll all be open (in supporter colours) <- so, supporter teal instead of red. With a 19 of course.
2020 = the next supporter colour, with a 20, same design. etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Name:Atari ST fan
Group:Computers and Technology > Computers
Grouping Description:Atari fan
Mouseover Text:Atari ST fan


Loosely based on the Atari ST logo:


I would like to make it bigger, but I would also like to incorporate the ionic diamond shape that the function-keys, eject button, and logo had.

Another idea was to add an Atari logo with the diamond "ST"
which gives less emptiness.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
Please swing by and congratulate your fellow microbadge designers for their on-going awards...

Microbadge Congratulations - July 2018 through January 2019

Thank you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
Name:Atari ST fan
Group:Computers and Technology > Computers
Grouping Description:Atari fan
Mouseover Text:Atari ST fan

I would like to make it bigger, but I would also like to incorporate the ionic diamond shape that the function-keys, eject button, and logo had.

Another idea was to add an Atari logo with the diamond "ST"
which gives less emptiness.


Try making the diamond 1 px taller, so you can make the S clearer.
and the atari logo needs a bit of work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:
Name:Atari ST fan
Group:Computers and Technology > Computers
Grouping Description:Atari fan
Mouseover Text:Atari ST fan

I would like to make it bigger, but I would also like to incorporate the ionic diamond shape that the function-keys, eject button, and logo had.

Another idea was to add an Atari logo with the diamond "ST"
which gives less emptiness.


Try making the diamond 1 px taller, so you can make the S clearer.
and the atari logo needs a bit of work.
Made the diamond larger, and made a bigger space between S and T - and I think I've also made the Atari logo more clear

For some reason (maybe it is just me) I just don't think the ST is as clear as in the firs try...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

nice! I'd love one of Rockford with his foot tapping
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:
Name:Atari ST fan
Group:Computers and Technology > Computers
Grouping Description:Atari fan
Mouseover Text:Atari ST fan

I would like to make it bigger, but I would also like to incorporate the ionic diamond shape that the function-keys, eject button, and logo had.

Another idea was to add an Atari logo with the diamond "ST"
which gives less emptiness.


Try making the diamond 1 px taller, so you can make the S clearer.
and the atari logo needs a bit of work.
Made the diamond larger, and made a bigger space between S and T - and I think I've also made the Atari logo more clear

For some reason (maybe it is just me) I just don't think the ST is as clear as in the firs try...?
I think I got it better now:
How does it look?

History:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Name: Eden* fan
Mouseover Text: Eden*: They Were Only Two, on the Planet
Group: Video games > E
Grouping Description: Eden* fan
Wiki Description: (some description from the game, perhaps a copy from the game page)

Source image is one of the in-game title screen:


I am not sure if this badge is "any good", meaning that there are at the moment only three owners of the game, and the genre is also not a very popular one (and the genre don't even have a genre microbadge). But while playing the game, I have to admit I am highly surprised about how intense and deep it is making me feel - so I am definitely a fan! Among all the games I have played (so far) this year - this have already reached a top position!

The mouseover text Eden*: They Were Only Two, on the Planet is the game's original/full title, as also seen on the source image.

Game's database entry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried something like cropping the source close, resizing it to 13x16, then mirroring it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Have you tried something like cropping the source close, resizing it to 13x16, then mirroring it?
I did crop the source close (It could be closer, however) - but the 13x16-mirroring part I don't think I quite get... Could you explain what the idea would be?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  306 , 307 , 308 , 309 , 310  Next »  [311] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.